• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Channelling the Battle Zone! (458)

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Rancid Meat said:
If Aipom beat Brandon, I wouldn't even be able to blame him for a cheap win because I'd be laughing so hard. As cheap as May's victory over Drew probably was, I'm glad she finally beat him since it took about as long as the time until Ash's victory on Gary.
I hope you know I was joking about the Aipom thing. The point I was trying to get across is that it's funny to not hate the thing [because it's done nothing wrong but live], and watch everyone else do so. To make, oh, an EXTREME analogy, it's like everyone gets their hand chopped off and you're impervious to pain. What do you do? You laugh at everyone else.

And I assume by "cheap win" you mean Squirtle? *sigh* if Squirtle weren't in this battle against Drew, I bet almost everyone would be happy right now. Sure I'm nbot happy that Squirtle helped bring Drew down, but at least May finally won against him...

cryztalwing

Perverted May fan
To me this make's since. It took Ash to leage's to beat Gary, the Indigo League, and the Johto Leage. Three if you count the Orang Islands, thow Gary was not there . May betting Drew in the Kanto GF can be compare to Ash betting Gary in the Johto Leage, becuse it took 2 GF's for May to beat Drew.

I am happy to see that May finally beat him, I mean she lose to him in every battle befor this one. So ya it was finally time for her to win one. The Kanto GF was the best place for it too.. Also I think it's about time that May get's an electric type PoKeMoN also..

burrut13

<--- Bad-***** mofo
Hunter said:
Anyone reckon the crying could be at Drews farewell? Its plausable.

Anyone know how long it'll take for this to be on youtube? I watched the previous episode today.

Blech, Focus Punch? I guess that makes it a genuinely useful Pokémon then. And it makes sense that it would use a punch attack with its tail...

I'm really glad with the whole Saouri thing. Lapras. Pidgeot. Great to see those two get some action.

Hunter
how did you find the episode on youtube? i actually like squirtle, though like everyone else thinks, it did pull that ice beam out of its arse
EDIT: new trainer ranking w00t!

Kabuto

little punks!
I hope you know I was joking about the Aipom thing. The point I was trying to get across is that it's funny to not hate the thing [because it's done nothing wrong but live], and watch everyone else do so. To make, oh, an EXTREME analogy, it's like everyone gets their hand chopped off and you're impervious to pain. What do you do? You laugh at everyone else.

And I assume by "cheap win" you mean Squirtle? *sigh* if Squirtle weren't in this battle against Drew, I bet almost everyone would be happy right now. Sure I'm nbot happy that Squirtle helped bring Drew down, but at least May finally won against him...

By cheap win I mean both of them. Squirtle moreso, but Combusken still isn't in the league of Drew's pokemon. And yes, I knew you were joking. Yuo poepll teak mee 4 a idoit.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I'm pretty sure Squirtle was knocked out after Flygon went down

The final showdown came between Combusken and Absol, and it ended because time ran out, so May didn't even get to KO Absol.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
CyberCubed said:
I'm pretty sure Squirtle was knocked out after Flygon went down.
Tell me that Squirtle didn't drop Flygon alone, otherwise Yamato-san is gonna lead an army of Squirtle haters into these boards and you won't be able to go 1 post without somebody bashing the turtle for something every single episode even when it is not even used,seen, or even mentioned.

My take on May crying, i'm betting that Drew yells at her for losing to Saori, and probably blames her for getting in his way for revenge.

Kabuto

little punks!
May shouldn't be crying. She got top 4 in the grand festival which is an excellent feat for a novice who wins with luck alone. And she still doesn't have it good enough. She beat both Drew and Harley. What if she traveled all that way to lose in the appeals?! I say she should be extremely grateful.

ok first i agree with anyone that says may shouldnt have beaten Drew even if squirtle did use ice beam( i understand if an actual strong ice type used it) and i dont think ash capturing aipom isnt that horrible, i mean considering it prob. has a d/p evolution or some hidden power of some kind, i just hope its not the comedy relief of ashs team

GreenKirby

GreenKirby
Now that May beat Drew, I can hope for him to leave just like his predecessor gary did. And I'm aware of Drew's next episode.

spacefissure

Deoxys rulez all!
I never doubted Ash catching Aipom for a second. Although I'm dissapointed because I actually saw this coming, unlike the last Grand Festival when Snorunt evolved.

Mewtwo Champ150

Mew Rocks!
I wish Munchlax was the one who beat Flygon so everyone would hate it instead. What's wrong with May's Sqirtle beating Drew's Flygon?

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Mewtwo Champ150 said:
What's wrong with May's Sqirtle beating Drew's Flygon?

Flygon is Drews most powerful pokemon, May's Squirtle is a baby, and it doesn't help Squirtles case when you think that most of the contest battles that it's been in, it's been pulling Dues ex wins out of no where, the most horrible one is deffinitely the saffron contest where it beat an Aridos with ONE out of control Ice beam.

♥Hana.Hikari♥

Beginning Trainer
Zenigame The Runt. I like it, you know, the cuteness and all, but after being with Haruka for awhile, surely it has gotten even a little bit stronger. Besides, Dragon types are weak against ice attacks.

Haruka beat Shuu...I really wasn't expecting that, unlike others, however I kept myself neutral until it was decided. But by darn, freakin' finally! So now we just have to wait for Shuu's fate. I knew Saori will beat Haruka if (wasn't sure) she won over Shuu.

I can't wait for the pictures to clarify the battle though.

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
Ok so it has an advantage but people you have to remember that the anime and the games are two different things. You also have to take level into account because if you dont then you cant justify Ash's pikachu taking out rock type pokemon using thunder. The same with Grovyle taking out Altaria. Level is important, and no way in hell can any one say that squirtle is at a higher level then Flygon. Im not saying that advantage doesn't matter at all but still Squirtle beating flygon is just plain cheap.

raticatelover

7th Shichibukai
Im really happy with how this battle turned out. May finally defeated Drew and type advantage was at her side. Not going along with the games or not 4x to ice for flygon no brainer. And squirtle has been showing off its skills and improving this whole season. Squirtle was like her starting pokemon in kanto so it has really improved.

About the whole Ash capturing Aipom. I hate it, but they must have a reason. Ya probably D/P evolution. Aipom defeating Brandon was hilarious. Still laughing... Aipom is the ultimate pokemon! Hopefully they do a Primape and leave it somewhere. I actually liked primate too.WHY DID PRIMATE HAVE TO LEAVE?

AdvanceX

Glacier Trainer
I'm ok with the Aipom capture- hopefully it does have soemthing to do with D/P

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
Somehow I'm not surprised that May finally beat Drew and then lost to someone even better. It's similar to how Ash beat Gary and then lost to Harrison during the Johto League.