• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Channelling the Battle Zone! (458)

Chatsy

Perverted Ash fan
WOW!

May actually used one of Tucker's strategies! Cool.
Remmeber the tornado he created by a combination of fire and water to capture Swellow and Corphish?
May used the same strategy to create a powerful attack, it seems.

Aipom looks better in this episodes. That's good.

Squirtle beat Flygon by first using Bubblebeam to then get close enough to use Ice Beam. Flygon would've been considered uber if it managed to handle the Ice Beam so close, so I find it fair it fainted.
Absol did knock Squirtle out almost immediately since Flygon wasn't even called back yet before Squirtle fainted.

It seems Ash is the one to identify Combusken's Overheat. I think it was also him who noticed May used Tucker's strategy.

There are used many still shots that's like pieces of art.

Combusken somehow set Absol on fire with its Overheat but it broke free.
Combusked tried to use Overheat three times but that was simply too much.
It seemed like May was about to lose but Combusked did that claws-running-through-the-ground-and-hit thing. apparently that makes it very powerful or something :/
It hits Absol hard but loses a lot of energy doing so. The time is up and May barely has just a few more points than Drew, making her the winner. Good thing it was so close.

Harley is enraged that May won. Go figure.

Aipom got hyper over it all and celebrated by stealing Ash's hat and run off.
Ash chased it outside where it threw the hat back to him and made a motion to battle.
Ash accepted, used Pikachu, they battled and Aipom seems to be quite powerful. Ash is excited about this and is even more eager to catch it, it seems. I think Pikachu used Thunder, weakening Aipom and Ash caught the thing.
LOL, many people watched the battle. XD
And,... they cheered when he caught it? ROFL! They're glad the thing is caught XDDD

Scott appears.

Saori has a Butterfree, as she is seen battling with that and Lapras against Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan.
May is out back and Drew appears and shakes hands with her. Awwww.
Saori wins her battle and May is to battle her up next.
Pidgeot used Screech and Slowbro used yawn on Combusken.
Scott watches the battle with them boys.
Slowbro uses Hyper Beam on Munchlax and Combusked, knocking them out.

May is sad.

May walks out back and meets up with them boys. She cries.
I guess Saori has a thing to make her opponents cry.
Ash and Brock place their hands on May's shoulder to comfort her. SHIPPINGNESS OMG!
*shot*

Saori wins, celebration, May meets up with Drew, holding a rose in her hand (?) they talk, Drew walks away and the gang walks up to May and talk.
May then looks ... glad? at the rose.

The end.

Bah, I'm in a rush so I didn't get it all.

FireHead Hank

Matt Fanboy
seen the pics.

The battle between May and Drew was very cool and intensive. Though I didnt like the quantity of the "glowing" attacks at the beginning. Too much of it, too exxagerated IMO. May remembering strategies from Frontier Brains is always good.

Saoris "new" Pokemon(Butterfree and Pidgeot) didnt fit her well. I expected more water or Ice Pokemon. But I guess this should show, that she is from Kanto or something like that.

I kind of feel sorry for may...really. She was one step from her dream away and then she fails. I think it's funny though how she didnt talked to Saori at the end. I mean first they were friends and now they even didnt tell eachother goodbye. Someones bit**ing around, huh, May? :rolleyes:

IMO, it was a great episode with a cool battle. Cool battle episodes are my favorite XD.

I was dissappointed that May didn't even put up a good fight against Saori, May barley took off 10% of Saoris bar

Shigeru-kun

Property of Jesus
I was dissappointed that May didn't even put up a good fight against Saori, May barley took off 10% of Saoris bar
Putting up a good fight has nothing to do with that. Haruka could've put her whole heart and soul into that battle, but without experience and skill there was no way she was going to beat Saori. I also think that's the reason she cried. I mean, I know if I went into a battle and got knocked out so fast when I was giving it my all...I think I'd be crying too. ._.;

Chatsy

Perverted Ash fan
Oh wait, there was also a short pan shot of Team Rocket at the end of the episode.
So there's a total of three screenshots I've seen of them in this episode. Isn't that just nice?

[IMG139]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i246/chatsey/blah/292.jpg[/IMG139]
This screenshot made my day. Ash and Max are hugging. Awwwww, certain shippers must have a field day.
Ash and Brock comforting May, May looking dreamily in to a rose and Ash and Max hugging. This episode has it all! XD

And yes, I am purposedly acting like a rapid shipper even though I'm not one myself. Weeee~

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
I don't why Team Rocket (or at least Jessie) didn't bother to either steal the Ribbon Cup or simply cause trouble. After that failed attempt to steal May's ribbons, you think that Jessie would come up with a new scheme to become "a top coordinator" by any means possible.

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
I don't why Team Rocket (or at least Jessie) didn't bother to either steal the Ribbon Cup or simply cause trouble. After that failed attempt to steal May's ribbons, you think that Jessie would come up with a new scheme to become "a top coordinator" by any means possible.
^ You MUST stop inserting OT jabs at Jessie every time you post.

C&P from BMGF, whoooo.

The battle was awesome, and probably will be even more awesome when seen in motion. It was right down to the wire; May and Drew both had a sliver of their point bars left at the end. Absol and Combusken must both have uber defences, with the attacks they were taking. And was that a return of Drew's roses at the end? ;)

Complaints are:

1. Squirtle should have gone down from the ferocity of those attacks before it got the opportunity to even get close to Flygon. It's still unevolved, no way should its defences be that strong. On the plus side, Absol slapped it down like the little b*tch that it is. :D

2. Harley didn't do anything. *sulks* Though his temper tantrum was hilarious. I love how everyone nearby turned and stared at him.

3. May's victory was rather undercut by her crashing defeat at the hands of Saori immediately afterwards.

4. Given that they went to the trouble of starting the May/Drew battle early just so there'd be enough time left over in this ep, why why why did they only show the last two minutes of the May/Saori match???

5. I still can't figure out what they were trying to do with Drew this GF. He was freaking out about losing to May, but then when he actually lost to her, he was fine? Where was the turning point? And what did Saori have to do with anything, in the end?

6. Overall, Saori kinda disappointed. Her introduction seemed so promising; I thought she'd be heavily involved in whatever was bugging Drew. But in the end, the writers just used her as a plot device to give May some information on Drew, then had her play the standard boring role of wise new friend to May, while she and Drew barely interacted. I can think of so many more interesting things that could have been done with her.

7. Why is Squirtle allowed to live?

I think on the whole, I preferred the last Grand Festival to this one. The animation was considerably poorer and the battles less impressive, but the character stuff was a great deal better. The Drew arc in this GF could have been fantastic, but it ended up only being quite good (which must sound very ungrateful of me, I'm sure :p), because the resolution didn't live up to the excitement of the set-up. (Hmmm, is it me, or does Pokemon do this a lot?)

[spoil]As for the May VS Drew! Rivals Forever! episode, I'm now wondering why May and Drew are even battling. Drew gets over his loss in the GF and doesn't have any ill-feelings towards May for winning. There's even a handshake, plus the aforementioned rose. It could simply be a farewell battle for nostalgia's sake, I suppose. *sigh*[/spoil]

Last edited:

vaporeon89

power of vapor
May VS Drew: Coolest Battle Ever

It wasfantastic,fantasticFANTASTIC!!!!!

I liked all both May and Drew combinations of attacks.

In my opinion, Squirtle beating Flygon wasn't cheap, because it was damaged before by both May's pokemon.
Wich attack did Flygon used??

Saori with a Butterfree and a Mini Pidgeot. her batle against masy was good,only good.

;134;89

Count me in with those who wanted to see more of Saori vs. May.

Eh, I never really found Saori to be all that interesting, figures she lives up(or is it down?) to my expectations =/

I'm disappointed with Squirtle's victory. Beyond that, even =/ Prior damage or not, I have a hard time accepting that Drew's strongest Pokémon can be defeated by an Ice Beam from a tiny little Squirtle. The writers took the Cacturne route with this one by eliminating Flygon for the sake of the new Pokémon. Wigglytuff or Absol, it doesn't matter.

The writers need to give us better battles with the older Pokémon from the main rivals, not just kill them off to put the new ones on a pedestal. Either that, or refrain from just handing out new Pokémon like that. Harley could use a sixth Pokémon(Hypno), but Ariados, and to a lesser extent, Octillery, are falling behind in terms of screentime =/

Aside from that, though, this was a nice finalé to this Grand Festival. Could've been better, but what we got was good. I was happy to know Combusken didn't rely on Overheat to win this. Indeed, its trouble with the attack was even better; Overheat is a bloody powerful attack. Combusken or not, it shouldn't be so easily mastered.

HoennMaster said:
For goodness sake people! What is so wrong with Aipom!

Nothing, people just like having something to complain about :)

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

I'm disappointed with Squirtle's victory. Beyond that, even =/ Prior damage or not, I have a hard time accepting that Drew's strongest Pokémon can be defeated by an Ice Beam from a tiny little Squirtle.
Stats don't really mean a thing when it comes to type matching. Just accept the fact that if Squirt were a Blastoise, she'd still kill Flygon dead.;) Oh, and let's factor character development into this--Squirtle was a LOT more annoying at the beginning of this journey(but not to me, cause I've heard worse rants from JJ). Remember when Flygon completely killed the little guy? She's a lot braver now.^_^

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
Jo-Jo said:
^ You MUST stop inserting OT jabs at Jessie every time you post.

The battle was awesome, and probably will be even more awesome when seen in motion. It was right down to the wire; May and Drew both had a sliver of their point bars left at the end. Absol and Combusken must both have uber defences, with the attacks they were taking. And was that a return of Drew's roses at the end?
I'm just confused that why Team Rocket didn't cause any trouble at this Grand Festival, like how they did at the Hoenn GF.

BTW, Jo-Jo, you don't have to get mad at me, just because I mostly talk about Jessie.

Magical Leaf

Kore wa nani mo imi shinai
I bet Eni only showed up because he heard that Ash was beating his monkey.
How greatly disappointed he must have been.

From this picture, this looks like a good episode. I wont comment too much until i've actually seen the episode.

w00t for hissy Harley.