• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

chaos' guide to making a successful site v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
how can i post a forum?

You cannot post what is simply a forum. That's not what this section is for.

If you want to advertise your Forum do it in your signature. Don't make a Topic here about it. That's not being mean about it. Those are simply the rules of the Forum.

sitekickdude1432

Mega Absol <3
i completely agree with what chaos is saying, with all those premade templates your site just gets tacky. now i cant say anything to really take to heart as i am a very beginner webmaster. i just started learning some language and i can say that it is best to skip HTML and just go straight to XHTML, it is much cleaner and easier. and as for CSS, always use a separate document for CSS as it makes it a lot less confusing.

mew72

The One and Only
xD Thanks for the guide. i think you should make a site secretly, and then tell eveyone when you're ready to show it.

ArteMagica

Love. Honor. Truth
I have read this guide a variety of times since it was posted way back in 2006. I feel that I have finally made a website that I'm proud of, but I'm not sure if the kind of site I have fully follows these guidelines. I own a Pokémon art site. My niche is drawing Pokémon in what I call costumes. It is similar to how Neopets/Subeta draws their pets in special colors and whatnot. It allows me to be creative in transforming a Pokémon based on the specified design.

My problem is that I'm not sure if my niche is a valid one. I know that there are Pokémon sites with drawings far better than mine, but I feel my site is more different because I actually alter the Pokémon's design. I'm just not sure if this fandom understands what I'm trying to portray. My site doesn't have written Pokémon articles; it is simply images and other graphics. While I do enjoy what I have created, I don't know if my site is "just another pebble on the road" or an actual brick. I'm trying to be active in more communities, and I'm trying to affiliate too. It's just hard for me to find affiliates because so many websites are closing/changing topics.

My ultimate question is this: Are art sites such as the kind I have a nice addition to the fandom? I know websites that have Pokémon images are original, but those sites also contain written articles too. Since my site is completely centered around Pokémon images, I'm not sure that the casual fan would view it as an actual site.

If none of this makes sense, please tell me. I'll try my best to specify.

Status
Not open for further replies.