1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Character Ages

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by ~-Overheat-~, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DANdotW

DANdotW Previously Iota

Well for one, that page says Ash was 10 "as of debut". Which is a given, since all trainers start at 10 years old. They stated Ash had been travelling a year when he got to Viridian City the second time. So he was at least 11 there.

If they have already mentioned him and Dawn have been travelling a year, then Dawn is either 11 or 12 now.

It was always considered as far as I knew that Misty was a year older than Ash, while Brock was three.

Going by this, I believe:

Ash - 17
    Misty - 18
    Brock - 20
    May - 13
    Max - 10 (if there was a timeline, he should be about 10 now, anyway. I've always thought he'd be slightly younger than Dawn)
    Dawn - 11/12

2. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

Ash is not as old as 17, that is too much.

If we're claiming they age, I've said Ash was 13 at the start of AG, and probably about 15 in DP.

I don't see how anyone can see Ash as 16-19, he would be Brock's height if he was like that.

3. Genome

Genome pro-SHARK WEEK

What's the consensus on Brock's height? Do we all agree that he's done growing?

4. poshamma

poshamma Well-Known Member

Pokeani has the same ages stated. So they are pretty much official. Unless of course you want to argue that Pokeani is unreliable.

5. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

I believe so. Is Brock a little shorter than Jessie/James or is he the same height as them?

Someone needs to post a pic.

6. hmmm

hmmm Scuffle of Legends

No one knows, and know when will ever know.

Please someone close this.

7. hmmm

hmmm Scuffle of Legends

No one knows, and know when will ever know.

Please someone close this.

8. Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom @JohanSSB4 Twitter

Do you mean right now, or anytime at all? Because I clearly remember an episode where Brock was standing next to Team Rocket in the old seasons, and he was about a head shorter.

9. candyscience

candyscience ~Misty Fan~

In more recent episodes, Brock is just a little bit shorter than James. Not by much though.

10. Blackjack Gabbiani

Blackjack Gabbiani Clearly we're great!

They're a fan site themselves so they're going by guesses.

...one of them was that the Iron Mask Marauder was in his 40s and there's just no way.

11. pokeguru

pokeguru I like to play hero!

I'm not so sure that's accurate.

Ash is 10 or maybe 11
    Dawn, 10
    Brock, 16
    Paul, 14

And P. Oak, 55

12. ~-Overheat-~

~-Overheat-~ Black/White!

Again, no region patheticness. We know the stated ages.

The thread is to guess the character's ages by their appearences

By your ages, i dont think Ash looks 17.

13. katfairy

katfairy Well-Known Member

Guessing age by appearance is tricky enough in the real world; doing it in an animated setting is a recipe for extreme frustration. I've known 17-year-olds who could pass for 12. I was one of them. Also, Ash getting older doesn't necessarily mean he'll get a lot taller; there are naturally short people in the world, you know.

My own estimates, based on what passes for logic with me, have the DP episodes occurring roughly six years after the first episodes. This is just my opinion, though, and might be contradicted by the show at some point.

14. Slowking[George]

Slowking[George] #SPP-WiFi HOP

Ash: 15
    Misty: 15
    Brock: 17
    Tracey: 16
    May: 15
    Dawn: 13
    Max: 7
    Gary: 15
    Paul: 16
    Jessie: 20
    James: 20

15. bhrettzerda053

bhrettzerda053 I have returned.....

Not all episodes cover up a whole day, so that means it could be less than a year then that Ash becomes 11.

16. lara lynx

lara lynx meow

Well currently I think they are:

Ash: 16
    Gary: 16
    Misty: 17
    Brock: 19-20
    Tracey: 17
    Oak: 67
    Delia: 35
    May: 12
    Max: 9-10
    Drew: 13-14
    Harley: 18
    Jessie: 23
    James: 23

Maybe he was an early bloomer and thats why he was so cocky. From the age of 10 he could get away with hanging around a group of girls who must have been at lease 3-4 years older XD

17. the_eevee_breeder

the_eevee_breeder Pokemon Breeder

As for Paul, hasn't he traveled through other regions? I read that in his bio on Serebii.... I mean, his Torterra, his starter, should by all means NOT BE A TORTERRA if he recently started in Sinnoh. Therefore, he should be the same age as Ash, but he is most likely older.

18. Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom @JohanSSB4 Twitter

Nothing indicates that Paul has battled in the Orange League or the Battle Frontier, and together, that equates to a little over a year. I say that he has traveled to throughout Sinnoh, Johto, Hoenn, Kanto, and now Sinnoh again. So that makes him around 14, if each region equates to 1 year. Following those guidelines, that would make Ash 15. As for Torterra, remember that Charmander evolved all of the way before Ash got his seventh badge in kanto, so Torterra could have evolved all of the way within the first year.

19. Kenpachi

Kenpachi Flawless Technique

No way Brock is 17, 15 maybe, older than Ash but not 17.
    The girls he flirts with see him as "aww isn't that cute, that kid is trying to get with me."

20. Twilight_Master

Twilight_Master New Member

Well technically, anime character don't grow up so ash should be still around 10...

But ages in cartoon don't really exist because they always make the character look exactly the same, season after season. The writers only seen to be making them grow more mature, as we can all see with ash.

But anybody looking at May when they say that she's 10 know that no 10 years old girls have that body

Cartoon and anime characters seem to be trapped in a time loop, so no one ever grow up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.