• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Character Customization Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Character customization was a feature introduced in X & Y that allowed players to customize the appearance of their trainers. It came back in Sun & Moon, showing that this will be a standard feature. How do you think customization should be expanded?

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I think they've done pretty good with customization since it was introduced. To expand, the number one I would like to see is the ability to wear jewelry, and makeup beyond just lipstick and contact lenses.

Ultimately, if they went full-on Style Savvy (if you know what I'm talking about), with the amount of options available, I certainly wouldn't mind. :D

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
A colour slider for hair colour, not just set colours like we currently have, is something I am desperate for. I really want my character to have pale pink hair with very long pigtails.

Also being able to customise the entire colour of our outfits would be amazing. SM made a good start with being able to dye some clothing items but the options were still very limited.

Version exclusive clothing needs to be done away with entirely as well.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Customization is pretty good but it would be nice for your character to have hair colours outside of the "natural" ones. It would also be nice if you could get the outfits for the NPC trainers. Version exclusive clothing needs to go however, that was a bad way to make the two versions different from each other.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Customization is pretty good but it would be nice for your character to have hair colours outside of the "natural" ones. It would also be nice if you could get the outfits for the NPC trainers. Version exclusive clothing needs to go however, that was a bad way to make the two versions different from each other.
I believe that version exclusive clothing was just a gimmick to get people to use the Festival Plaza.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
The only major features I want for character customization is capes, cowboy hats, fedoras, and longcoats. Maybe make an option to dress up like any of the past gen main characters

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Overalls.... i want overalls. Please, oh please... overalls.

SleepingGiant

Discord mod (Sudo)
It'd be nice to pick your age group. It doesn't change any of the stories in this game whether you're 10, 15, or 20. And if that's "awkward" just set your in-game friends to the same age.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
When it comes to character customization in the new games I'd like to see them draw inspiration from the real world fashion and locations. For example several pieces of clothing felt like they belonged in the tropical landscape of Alola.

Additionally if they did create a region based of the Western United States then they could have Cowboy themed outfits. Also if they make a Canadian region I'm sure they'd include some plaid clothing to make the character look like a lumberjack.

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

When it comes to character customization in the new games I'd like to see them draw inspiration from the real world fashion and locations. For example several pieces of clothing felt like they belonged in the tropical landscape of Alola.
That would be very interesting to see how/if they would do it if the region was based on, say India. ^^

Ultra Beast Lover

Clothing: Cloaks, capes, masks, coats, dresses, gloves. Oh and veils, I'm willing to put on a hat if it means a veil.

Acc: Necklaces, rings, lipstick, blush, eye shadow, ear rings.

Hair: Anime hairstyles like cat ears or Iris' hair, all the colors of the rainbow in terms of hair color. Oh and hair streaks.

Satoshi & Touko

Additionally if they did create a region based of the Western United States then they could have Cowboy themed outfits. Also if they make a Canadian region I'm sure they'd include some plaid clothing to make the character look like a lumberjack.
I could see that as well, though if we were to get a Western US region, I pray the customization options also include a lot of really expensive stuff, especially elegant dresses and such. Things appropriate for a red carpet type of appearance because this region would feature the Pokemon equivalent of Hollywood. Pokestar Ayla needs to look the best and most glamorous she's ever been. <3

Aetius

I believe they could expand it by adding different kinds of clothes based on the region we're visiting.
That and maybe also add clothes based on the ones worn by famous trainers.
I mean who wouldn't want to wear Lance's epic cape?
As for the rest, maybe allow us to customize COMPLETELY our character?
Like changing our faces, height, build and so on?
I would be fine with former idea, as I know that the latter could be way too revolutionary...

Ultra Beast Lover

If we get longcoats I either want Looker's longcoat or a blue one. Maybe certain shops can have different styles of clothing like the Mystery Line or the Rockstar Line

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I just wish it's gonna be at least as big as in X/Y, with the same choice of clothing. Then expand it more with larger color choices and clothing from US/UM, and also add clothing from previous generation main characters, trainers, and important characters.

Also

A colour slider for hair colour, not just set colours like we currently have, is something I am desperate for.

This too.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't want the guys to be shafted clothing wise again.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Loved the overcoat-dress thing that we got in X/Y. I'm not a girly girl or anything, but I wished there were more dresses in gen 7. Yes, it's too warm for coats and what not, but I love winter clothing, long sleeves, normal jeans (Gen 7 what is it with your capris nonsense?), scarves, etc. I'm just happy to have customization in general though.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I would appreciate it if they'd allow you to purchase all the different colored outfits in one version. Only having access to warm colors in Sun and cool colors in Moon wasn't neccessary. And before people mention dye houses in Festival Plaza I'll say I never got that into the plaza.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Trainer Customisation is definitely returning but I would definitely like the boys to have more clothing options, maybe there could be costumes based on main characters in the past games. I would also like more accessories to be included for both genders like bracelets, wristbands and earrings. Other than that, I'm pretty satisfied with the overall selection we have now.

Satoshi & Touko

Trainer Customisation is definitely returning but I would definitely like the boys to have more clothing options, maybe there could be costumes based on main characters in the past games. I would also like more accessories to be included for both genders like bracelets, wristbands and earrings. Other than that, I'm pretty satisfied with the overall selection we have now.
I fully agree with everything said here... except kinda, sorta for the costumes part. I still feel like it kinda goes against the point of the customization feature if you're just going to dress up as some other already established character instead of making your character your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.