• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Character Customization Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I’m glad there’s more customisation options for Pikachu and Eevee but I wonder when at some point Pikachu or Eevee’s outfit don’t have to match the player’s. At least the player gets a turn at customisation. But I’m not expecting the selection to be too broad.

PirateKing

Seems like Pikachu and the trainer do not have to match if you dont want too, and it looks like outfits dont have to be in a set, but work the same as XY/SM
DiBG7RsU0AAXSfG.jpg

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Seems like Pikachu and the trainer do not have to match if you dont want too, and it looks like outfits dont have to be in a set, but work the same as XY/SM
DiBG7RsU0AAXSfG.jpg
So that's good. A non-matching outfit between the starter Pokémon and the Trainer would be hilarious to see, maybe we have an Pikachu wearing bows while the Trainer is wearing camo patterned clothing as shown in the picture.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I'm glad customization's in. Both protagonists have bland starter clothes.

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
DiBG7RsU0AAXSfG.jpg

Oh, this is just lovely.

This will make my Lorelei gameplay even more fun. I'm hoping to gain some awesome blue shades of clothing, so I can be fully decked out when I take my Ice team against hers.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I hope the games lets us dress up as a Team Rocket agent again, like in HGSS.
Only..... let us keep it this time. I was always disappointed we couldn't keep the outfit in HGSS, and seeing how SM had no problem with letting us obtain the Team Skull uniform it'd be nice if we can wear the Rocket uniform to infiltrate Silph Co then have the option to wear it again later.

Ducolamia

SAYYYY WHAT???
I'd love to wear the Jesse/james outfit just for fanservice. If they let us do it, I'd be pretty happy about it. That being said, customization seems to be waayyyy better than last time. Hopefully we get some more options for guys. (Guys have just been screwed over in these past few games).

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It would be good if the Team Rocket outfit was in LGPE so that it could create a hilarious scene where the player interacts with a Team Rocket grunt at Celadon City and he says to get out of Team Rocket’s way.

PirateKing

So if Red is an actual character in this game, and he's in his FireRed/LeafGreen outfit, I hope we get to unlock his Red/Blue/Yellow outfits, or Vice-versa.

Since this game has X and Y's chibi art style, I kinda hope they atleast copy/paste all the customization options from there, they had a good enough variety there that I wouldnt need much else. Its not exactly the same, but I cant imagine it'd be toooo much of a hassle to port them over and adjust them.

And please for the love of Arceus, dont make colors version exclusive again.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Even though this game is set in Japan, I do hope we can still change skin tone.

I don't really wanna be dark-skinned this time, though, but like super pale. I think that'll go well with my Ice-type team.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Do you guys think we can change hair color?
I think it’s looking very much like we won’t.

I’m also seeing the possibility that the obtaining of clothes is unlike how it’s always been done. I don’t think we’re going to be able to purchase clothing items manually like in other games. And going by a video that PDWinnall posted on YouTube, clothing is in whole outfits rather than pieces that you can mix and match.

All of this, if true, is nothing short of disappointing.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think it’s looking very much like we won’t.

I’m also seeing the possibility that the obtaining of clothes is unlike how it’s always been done. I don’t think we’re going to be able to purchase clothing items manually like in other games. And going by a video that PDWinnall posted on YouTube, clothing is in whole outfits rather than pieces that you can mix and match.

All of this, if true, is nothing short of disappointing.
An earlier post in this thread claimed that you can mix/match clothes. It also claimed that your clothes don't have to match what your partner Pikachu/Eevee is wearing.

Akashin

Even though this game is set in Japan, I do hope we can still change skin tone.

I don't really wanna be dark-skinned this time, though, but like super pale. I think that'll go well with my Ice-type team.

I'm pretty sure Joe confirmed a while back that skin choices are still in.

Status
Not open for further replies.