• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Character Customization Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I fully agree with everything said here... except kinda, sorta for the costumes part. I still feel like it kinda goes against the point of the customization feature if you're just going to dress up as some other already established character instead of making your character your own.
It would have been nice to be able to cosplay as past characters but anyway because such a thing hasn't really been properly introduced, I doubt it will be introduced. And because the male characters have an option to dress up like Ash in USUM it's still possible that there will be an Ash costume in the new Switch game.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I'm (im)patiently waiting for facial customization to come along.

Obviously, it won't be like WWE games, but simply having a selection of eyes, noses, and mouths to choose from would be lovely. I'm tired of looking wide-eyed all the damn time, and that stupid grin! Jesus! I can understand smiling in the face of danger, but come on! That grin has got to go.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Having iconic outfits might be a long shot but it might be a way to celebrate 20+ years of Pokemon. If they were to do something like that I'd attribute it how Breath of the Wild had outfits from previous games. Sure it's just cosmetic but it'd be a nice nod to the older fans.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Considering the next games are on the Switch, and by extension will be playable on a TV screen, I've got my hopes that trainer customization (if it comes back) will be pretty darn decent.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Can we at least get some more male character options. I just look at the female designs and how they are more, well, designed than the males who are normally left with palette swaps.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Compared to other features in the game, I would not care whatsoever if they completely took away the customization option except for colours. After getting my initial outfit that I like, I usually don't spend more money on clothes due to them being so expensive. Maybe if they brought the prices down a lot that'd be better. It's a pokemon game so customization of clothes shouldn't be so crazy expensive imo.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Compared to other features in the game, I would not care whatsoever if they completely took away the customization option except for colours. After getting my initial outfit that I like, I usually don't spend more money on clothes due to them being so expensive. Maybe if they brought the prices down a lot that'd be better. It's a pokemon game so customization of clothes shouldn't be so crazy expensive imo.
I would personally prefer that Game Freak will keep customisation because they give the player character a sense of uniqueness and exhibits the unique tastes of many Pokémon players around the world. But I would definitely prefer to customise in the post-game because there are more customisation options and the player will have way more money anyway.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I would personally prefer that Game Freak will keep customisation because they give the player character a sense of uniqueness and exhibits the unique tastes of many Pokémon players around the world. But I would definitely prefer to customise in the post-game because there are more customisation options and the player will have way more money anyway.

Fair enough, I usually don't do too much post game (I restart my games over and over), so I can see how the taste depends on how you play :)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Fair enough, I usually don't do too much post game (I restart my games over and over), so I can see how the taste depends on how you play :)
Well I meant that different players have different fashion tastes that lead to a variety of fashion styles among player characters.

Orphalesion

I absolutely need customization because, imho, almost all of the default designs for the male player character in the various Pokemon games look absolutely terrible. Only the ones in Black/White and X/Y looked decent.
Therefore I need the ability to make them look less terrible.
It was also such a welcome change in Sun/Moon that they actually allowed us to remove the stupid hat. We definitely need that again.

The lack of customization was actually one of the reasons I didn't get ORAS.

Ultra Beast Lover

Yeah I don't ever need that hat again, the moment I could I took that thing off and haven't worn one since. In fact, they should give us the choice to not have a hat from the start.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Yeah I don't ever need that hat again, the moment I could I took that thing off and haven't worn one since. In fact, they should give us the choice to not have a hat from the start.
Well, since the first available place to change your clothes is usually really early in the game, I'm not bothered by the fact that you're obligated to wear a hat in the beginning.

But yeah, adorable pigtails beat a hat almost any day! :D

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
It would be nice if character customization were expanded to allow players to further customize their character's physical appearance—e.g., change the character's body and facial structure (to a degree), eye shape, mouth shape, etc. I would also like a greater range of hair colors and hair styles from which to choose, especially for the male player character.

I agree that version exclusive clothing needs to go. I remember looking at Serebii's list of available clothes when I first got Sun and wanting certain clothes, only to discover they were only available in Moon. I would also like more clothing options, at lower prices.

I think costumes based off past generations' main characters would be cool, but it's not really necessary.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I'd legit pay for dlc that is anime based outfits

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I'll add onto that thought by saying they should include different types of bags for each player to choose from. Say a regular backpack, sling backpack, and messenger bags.
Well we already have a variety of bags in Sun and Moon but like what Ultra Beast Lover said, I agree that females should also wear backpacks and along with that, I think that males should wear shoulder bags as well as the backpacks they were already have access to in the new Switch game.

landipan

I would love if they included hairstyles based on anime Lillie's hairstyles, It seems like every episode Lillie does something fun with her hair/braid.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
If we get a cold region like some want..... i vote a big buffy snow suite!!

Status
Not open for further replies.