• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Character Customization Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Maybe customization will be in the 2019 games. Obviously a non Kalos or Alola remake probably wouldn't have it.
Yeah I can definitely see a return in the 2019 games as a continuation of the feature from previous games. Probably because LGPE is a Kanto remake Trainer Customisation isn't in that game.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Meh the options were not that great anyway. I mean I get why people would miss it but let's wait till Gen 8.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Meh the options were not that great anyway. I mean I get why people would miss it but let's wait till Gen 8.
Yeah I guess the options will be much more limited than the customisation options in the other core series games. I don't think Game Freak will be that full on with Pokémon customisation.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Yeah I guess the options will be much more limited than the customisation options in the other core series games. I don't think Game Freak will be that full on with Pokémon customisation.

So I just looked it up apparently it returns but to what degree we don't know. I guess the news flow begins. I'm betting on E3 now to have some info.

As for the the reveal in a few hours on Oha Shuta I'm curious if it involves the anime and a possible side series to go along the current anime. If we got a like 52 episode series revolving around a new trainer doing Kanto I'd be down for that. I really hope it is not Origins or Generations because while they were good they were so short that killed it for me. Maybe pull a Yokai Watch or a Digimon where they have a side series (ShadowStrike/Appli)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So I just looked it up apparently it returns but to what degree we don't know. I guess the news flow begins. I'm betting on E3 now to have some info.
True and as well as the existing clothing for Pikachu and Eevee, I guess that there will eventually be DLC clothing that will be released in waves like how Dream Friends of Kirby Star Allies were released in waves.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
True and as well as the existing clothing for Pikachu and Eevee, I guess that there will eventually be DLC clothing that will be released in waves like how Dream Friends of Kirby Star Allies were released in waves.
Maybe we can get Ash;s Everyone's Stories outfit

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Maybe we can get Ash;s Everyone's Stories outfit
I don't really think they will release that very soon but it could be released eventually. For Eevee, I can see that it can wear the clothes of May, Gary and Serena based off characters in the anime who have owned an Eevee.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I don't really think they will release that very soon but it could be released eventually. For Eevee, I can see that it can wear the clothes of May, Gary and Serena based off characters in the anime who have owned an Eevee.

I was assuming the new girl myself. I mean by the time the games are out the movie will have been out for some time. Actually it would work since it would be hitting dvds in Japan and the dub would be airing around that time if we take into consideration when the movies are aired in the USA

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I was assuming the new girl myself. I mean by the time the games are out the movie will have been out for some time. Actually it would work since it would be hitting dvds in Japan and the dub would be airing around that time if we take into consideration when the movies are aired in the USA
Right. I think it can be a costume for both boys and girls. Releasing Ash's original outfit and Gary's original outfit can be released to reflect the setting of the games being in Kanto.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Right. I think it can be a costume for both boys and girls. Releasing Ash's original outfit and Gary's original outfit can be released to reflect the setting of the games being in Kanto.
I mean I guess they can release multiple outfits at the end of the day. That or do a vote to see who wants which ones.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I mean I guess they can release multiple outfits at the end of the day. That or do a vote to see who wants which ones.
Yeah I can definitely see a ballot for costumes so that fans can vote on the outfits they want to be in the game and the winning outfits get released first.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Pokémon customization is most likely going to be expanded in Gen 8 due to Sinnoh remakes, but I'm sad to see that it is limited to your starters(and even then, it seems to be exclusive to overworld, not battles), which are probably not going to evolve for a while, if ever.

Sad to see Character customization go, again, but I hope some alternative sets are available at least.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Pokémon customization is most likely going to be expanded in Gen 8 due to Sinnoh remakes, but I'm sad to see that it is limited to your starters(and even then, it seems to be exclusive to overworld, not battles), which are probably not going to evolve for a while, if ever.

Sad to see Character customization go, again, but I hope some alternative sets are available at least.
If you go to 2:33 of the trailer, you can see the customized Pikachu and Eevee are battling in S.S. Anne.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Honestly, I would be fine if they let us design our character from the ground up at the very beginning, even if it means that's how we look for the entire game.

I just want to look different from everyone else. I'm tired of that dumb looking face. I wanna look mean!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I just want the hat to be removable.
Starting Sun and Moon hats were removable and in this game Pikachu and Eevee can be seen without their hats so my guess is that they will be removable.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Well, character customization is coming back in LGPE.

Yeah, but it seems kinda limited.

It appears there are only full outfits, and they automatically match with your Pikachu/Eevee. I'm hoping there are some interesting outfits, preferably ones in black, violet, or blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.