• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Character Customization Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Man, I just want long silver hair and a black trench coat.

Is that too much to ask for? I mean, for female players I'm sure it's easy. For guys, though, we get squat.

Last edited:

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Man, I just want long silver hair and a black trench coat.

Is that much to ask for? I mean, for female players I'm sure it's easy. For guys, though, we get squat.

So you want to be Sephiroth?

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
lol I didn't even notice that.

Nah, I just want long silver hair and a black trench coat. I'm tired of looking all weird and dumb looking in these games, and I am SO sick of that dumb protagonist smile!

Yeah that bugs so many. I don't know why the faces can't be better.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Clothing options for males should definitely be revised. Since the feature came out in X/Y, I play with the female character and every time I'm trying to force myself to pick the male character for the other version, I eventually give up. It shouldn't be that hard to add jackets, jeans, or generally trendy accessories to create unique styles for males. The imbalance between both genders almost made the males look underrated, at least for me. I am keeping my expectations high for the general customization this time around and hoping GameFreak doesn't come up with shallow options.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I had a thought regarding character customization today after browsing a local shop. If these games don't introduce a new braclet similar to the Mega Ring or Z-Power Ring then maybe we could have different colored/themed braclets, wristbands, or watches. Might be a small way to customize our characters.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I had a thought regarding character customization today after browsing a local shop. If these games don't introduce a new braclet similar to the Mega Ring or Z-Power Ring then maybe we could have different colored/themed braclets, wristbands, or watches. Might be a small way to customize our characters.
Maybe they could also use accessories in a new way that some of them can have slots for Key Stones and Z-Crystals, which some of them can function similarly to the Z-Power Ring, as new ways of storing them like how there are already other NPCs that have accessories with a slot for a Key Stone, like Steven's lapel pin, Lisia's tiara, Maxie's glasses, Wally's pendant and Korrina's glove, instead of having to be stuck with bracelets and bangles. Or if earrings are introduced as accessories, then there can be slots in the earrings for a Key Stone.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I actually hope instead of shops they let you make outfits since let's face it the options they give you are very meh for the most part.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I actually hope instead of shops they let you make outfits since let's face it the options they give you are very meh for the most part.
Although I do like the idea of being able to design my own outfits, I don't really agree that most of the options ingame are meh. I feel I'm able to make plenty of kawaii outfits for my adorable little Ayla with what they gave us, especially in 7th gen. ^^

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Although I do like the idea of being able to design my own outfits, I don't really agree that most of the options ingame are meh. I feel I'm able to make plenty of kawaii outfits for my adorable little Ayla with what they gave us, especially in 7th gen. ^^

I guess it matters what you are into I'm more into punk,goth looks

.Aerodactyl.

I honestly think it's only going to get better, and I do think they are listening to the community more than we think. There are likely always going to be some things that don't measure up or aren't quite what people wanted (Gen 7 having mostly only t-shirts and shorts and lacking varirty in types of clothing comes to mind. It fit the tropical region theme but was still a bit dissapointing for fans and was commented on a lot). Since X/Y though, they darkened the skin tones (which was a complaint in X/Y) made it so we could remove our hats (another thing fans were vocal about in gen 6), and added more hair colours. There were more hair cuts (even if guys still had much fewer then girls) and there were way more clothes, even if they lacked variety. The models were better then the chibi models in X/Y, and the girls and guys shared some outfits like the trial guide, team skull and Pikachu outfits (styled slightly different to fit the model, but having the same clothing options for girls and guys was another thing fans talked about a lot).

So, honestly, I expect it to only go up. I still think that girls will likely have more hair style options then guys, and that they won't make every outfit gender neutral and wearable by girl or guy, but I think we will see a few more hair style options, a few new hair colours, more clothes that match between girls and guys, and more clothing variety. I could see them doing a bit more facial customization, by this I just mean more make up for girls besides lipstick and some facial hair options for guys, mahbe even adding freckles as an option. Perhaps they will add a jewellery option, or maybe even a coat option or something. I don't expect it to jump up exponentially, but I think it will still be a jump in the right direction.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
It's looking like character customization will not be in the new games.

Satoshi & Touko

It's looking like character customization will not be in the new games.
Deal breaker for me then. Though tbh this situation at present is worse than I expected. I don't think I will get the games even if they do have customization since there is another mainline game next year. Hopefully it's generation 8.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Deal breaker for me then. Though tbh this situation at present is worse than I expected. I don't think I will get the games even if they do have customization since there is another mainline game next year. Hopefully it's generation 8.
Well, there's also no evidence suggesting that character customization is removed. We'll have to wait and see.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
R.I.P character customization for now (since it is a remake I suppose), guess you can dress up your Pikachu/Eevee for now I guess.

Orphalesion

Yeah I would be surprised if they put it in the game. There's probably no room to put the clothing shops for one...

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
At least we know that Pikachu and Eevee can be customised to the player's liking but it's sad that say a potential goodbye to Trainer Customisation. I would like it if that option can be expanded to other Pokémon to compensate.

Satoshi & Touko

Maybe customization will be in the 2019 games. Obviously a non Kalos or Alola remake probably wouldn't have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.