• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Character Customization Discussion Thread

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Imagine if hair colors could have streaks too. Like duel colored hair, you could mix natural with unnatural streaks like the kind of hair I see irl. It's just me being wistful but now that they got the unnatural hair colors in I'm just waiting for them to expand on THAT in later gens.
If that happens then finally. It will be a dream come true for fans everywhere that they can turn their hair into neopolitan icecream!

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I am dying to see the pink shade. Do you have any picture?
I don't. And I'm not sure I'd be allowed to post if I did. But search Pokemon Sword hairstyles on YouTube and you can see all the colors. The uploader scrolls through them all.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I'll go with a Dark Brown ponytail without bangs or with sideswept bangs depending on what looks best!
The brown color will be an excellent fit for the green eyes my character is going to get! :D

Nodame

Misty <3
I’ll go with pink hair obviously, light blue eyes and fair skin. I’ll either choose the long straight hair with sideswept bangs or the side wavy hair with sideswept bangs. As for clothes, it will be a mix of pink/purple and black. Maybe a pink dress with a black leather jacket? <3

Last edited:

Orphalesion

Will the green and blue hair be available for male trainers as well?

It's quite curious that they only give us access to those hair colours now, judging by the design of the NPCs since at least Gen 2 the standard anime hair colours are common in the world of Pokemon as well.

TwoThirds

What's occurin?
So happy with the wine red colour (as long as it's available to guys too) :D Finally we get more daring colours to match with the red of the other character's extreme hair. About time.

I've not seen all the hair designs/clothes though but I'm hoping for more variety than S/M.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Will the green and blue hair be available for male trainers as well?

Yes.

I've not seen all the hair designs/clothes though but I'm hoping for more variety than S/M.

Even without everything revealed yet, with what we've seen thus far between official reveals and leaks, it's safe to say that variety is indeed much higher.

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
Guuyyyssssss!

From IGN’s review:
Though of course I looked forward to each gym, I wasn’t quite as enthusiastic as Ash because I always wanted to stop at each town’s boutique first! Man, the clothes, hair, and makeup options in Pokemon Sword and Shield are incredible. With multiple colors and patterns to choose from for each piece of clothing, there’s a huge variety that allows you to customize your trainer to a highly personal degree. For makeup, you can choose wild contact lenses that make your eyes look like flames or rainbows, and it even goes as far as letting you get eyelash extensions.

While this whole paragraph sounds good to me, I’m struck by the lenses that make your eyes look like flames or rainbows

WeepingHallows

Guuyyyssssss!

From IGN’s review:

While this whole paragraph sounds good to me, I’m struck by the lenses that make your eyes look like flames or rainbows
There are also
hearts, multicolored, stars, and completely black

Weirdly enough I didn't see the rainbows as an option. Hopefully, they're unlockable and not version exclusive.

Edit: Wait. It just hit me that rainbow probably is the same as multicolored. I was thinking actual rainbows. lmao

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
There are also

Weirdly enough I didn't see the rainbows as an option. Hopefully, they're unlockable and not version exclusive.

Edit: Wait. It just hit me that rainbow probably is the same as multicolored. I was thinking actual rainbows. lmao
Those options sound awesome!

I do hope they’re not gender-locked.

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
That's honestly my worry too. There's certainly precedent for the female character getting more options clothing/customisation-wise..
At least it seems like the regular colored contacts aren’t locked, but yeah gender-locking character customization sucks : /

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Have there been any pictures of beanie caps returning? Recent trailers have shown off a ton of new customization stuff, but I don’t feel like stopping then starting the video over and over to see everything. :S

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
There are also

HEART EYES???
HEART EYES???
SIGN ME THE F UP!