• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Character Customization Discussion Thread

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
Have there been any pictures of beanie caps returning? Recent trailers have shown off a ton of new customization stuff, but I don’t feel like stopping then starting the video over and over to see everything. :S
If I’m remembering right, I did see a protag wearing a beanie, but I’ll have to go look.

Edit: so I’ve seen a few, though Idk if they’re what you’re looking for. Also incidentally found out we can wear the beanie that Victor starts with in different colors. Or at least the male trainers can. @clbgolden12

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
The eyes customization options sound awesome. Whenever I get down from the negativity surrounding release, I just remember the massive customization waiting for me in SWSH and I smile. I just KNOW I'll be spending hours trying on pieces of clothes and trying to find the right fit for my character.
I pray for people choosing a male protagonist that customization won't be limited. Gender-exclusive makeup should be illegal!!

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
The eyes customization options sound awesome. Whenever I get down from the negativity surrounding release, I just remember the massive customization waiting for me in SWSH and I smile. I just KNOW I'll be spending hours trying on pieces of clothes and trying to find the right fit for my character.
I pray for people choosing a male protagonist that customization won't be limited. Gender-exclusive makeup should be illegal!!
Lipstick and eyelash extensions are locked to female characters unfortunately :<

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
Do u know I can pictures of all hair styles?
I have all the ones we’ve been shown officially compiled, here and here. Second link is a few additions from the last trailer, with comments. The other reblogs you’ll see in the thread are about different things, but you’re free to read ‘em of course.

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
As I told someone else on here, just type Pokemon Sword Female hairstyles in a YouTube search. There is a 90 second video that shows each and every hairstyle available, as well as every color available.
Whaaaaat. I will have to go see that—oh wait, it’s from the leaks probably huh? Hmmmm. Well thanks anyway! :3

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Wow, it sounds like they've upgraded the hair color options comparable to the Miis from the Wii to the 3DS. That's good news, though I'd probably still pick something more natural than green or pink, as I suspect I'll see those shades a lot.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Coverage for the games has begun!! Let's hope we get an extensive clothing database really soon, because I'm going to get the game tomorrow and I want to work on my outfit asap! :D

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
There's a video out on YouTube now for the male hairstyles. Nothing on clothing yet though.

Edit: Hang on! I believe I've discovered a video with the female clothing!!!

Edit 2: Although this total may be very slightly inaccurate, the total number of items for the female trainer I have counted isssss...

731!!!

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Just watched the video - while there are a lot of colors to choose from for each piece, the individual design pieces aren't as.... plentiful as I expected them to be. It definitely takes advantage of the many color palettes SM introduced without, however, reaching the level of diversity in clothing XY had.

Considering most of these pieces have 12+ colors, that gives us around 100 original pieces of clothing across the board, which is.... not that much

Still, I can totally make this work! This is what I plan on rocking based on the video:
Dark Brown Ponytail without bangs, green eyes, certainly some lashes but I don't know their names, no lipstick/makeup
Pleated Dress (in orange, yellow or white)
No jacket or motorcycle jacket (depending on how it looks)
Compression Tights or Thigh-High Socks (the style and color will change to match the main outfit)
Ankle Boots (brown or black)
Leather-Trimmed Bag or Plaid Rucksack (the bags look rather odd in the game... mmmh)
No hat or Scally Hat or Knit Beret (considering the hairstyle I don't know if I can even wear a hat and if I want to)
No glasses
No gloves

Last edited:

Ultra Beast Lover

I love blue but I'm gonna go with green hair in a ponytail. As for the outfit I'm thinking a green dress with the black leggings, a yellow jacket any kind will do, purple gloves, blue shoes, and a red bag. Not sure on the eyes, have to see what the lenses look like, I'll probably go for whatever fits the mood

Aegon

Can the male character buy a bag that has a different style to the starting one, or is he stuck carrying a giant brick on his back?

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
Can the male character buy a bag that has a different style to the starting one, or is he stuck carrying a giant brick on his back?

I know there are half size boxes for sure, yeah. I also recall ones that were cloth bags but the same size and shape (just rounded) as the large (default) male bag.

Also, semi-related: I like the default box bag because it reminds me of Ginko from Mushishi every time I see it lol

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
I can't get over that some of the girl's clothing options are actually sort of... boyish? My female MC Kanka might end up looking more like me than I thought! :D

Also, did I see the Aqua and Magma logos on one of the varsity jackets? :eek: I might have to get that one for my male MC Touken.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Hi, I haven't really kept up with this thread, just wondering what kinds of hair styles and colors are available for the female character?

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Hi, I haven't really kept up with this thread, just wondering what kinds of hair styles and colors are available for the female character?
I answered this before just two pages back, but Search "Pokemon Sword and Shield hairstyles" on YouTube and select the video that is about 90 seconds long.