• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Character Customization Discussion Thread

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Also, forcing customization goes against the very purpose of the feature, which is to design your character to your interests.
You would perhaps still be able to select among a variety of clothes that would be “appropriate” for the situation. If that’s so, then your statement is not completely true.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
You would perhaps still be able to select among a variety of clothes that would be “appropriate” for the situation. If that’s so, then your statement is not completely true.
I was talking about forcing players to customize their trainers, which people would not be okay with.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I was talking about forcing players to customize their trainers, which people would not be okay with.
But however it only represents a minority of players. Customisation overall is a generally favourable feature of Pokémon and there are definitely solutions around the problem. They can still keep their default clothing but it comes with a jacket they already have and it is part of the default clothing that can be taken on and off any time. A spare button can be reserved for doing so.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
More male hairstyles for sure! The guys hair in XY and SUMO is so limited even compared to the girls. I'd also like anime/game reference outfits and will even take it a step further by including outfits based off the clothing styles of specific regions.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I hope we can design our own clothes, but that’s a bit of a stretch
That’ll be pretty good. Maybe we’ll be given designs to create on our own from given symbols or that we could design our clothing freehand with colouring options and other MS Paint-like options like brush size and drawing lines and curves.

Satoshi & Touko

The closer trainer customization comes to being like the Style Savvy series, quantity-wise, the more awesome it becomes. :D

And customization is already awesome to begin with, so just imagine how awesome it will become if it ever even comes remotely close to that level. <3

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I’ve been thinking that by designing clothes, the player could also have their custom clothes being available to buy by other players in random in-game stores through communication methods. And that could be one way to pass on clothing with a custom design among different players.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
I’ve been thinking that by designing clothes, the player could also have their custom clothes being available to buy by other players in random in-game stores through communication methods. And that could be one way to pass on clothing with a custom design among different players.

That'd be fun, like a community style store. It'd be nice if the game had a streetpass-like feature too so you could trade outfits on the go

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
That'd be fun, like a community style store. It'd be nice if the game had a streetpass-like feature too so you could trade outfits on the go
Yeah. Maybe they can be exchanged once nearby players are detected. Or that passersby on the internet can pass them on.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I meant something more along the lines of an offline way of trading outfits. When playing on the go you most likely wont have internet connection
True though but using the online features it could be possible for players to get custom outfits from other players by just finding them in something like the Festival Plaza or the PSS. That feature can also be used offline too, which is more like StreetPass. In a way I thought how could that feature be expanded and I hope it doesn’t get affected by the Nintendo Switch Online subscription service as well as for other online features.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
True though but using the online features it could be possible for players to get custom outfits from other players by just finding them in something like the Festival Plaza or the PSS. That feature can also be used offline too, which is more like StreetPass. In a way I thought how could that feature be expanded and I hope it doesn’t get affected by the Nintendo Switch Online subscription service as well as for other online features.

Eh, SO is cheap so I don't see a problem if it is. I paid for it already

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Eh, SO is cheap so I don't see a problem if it is. I paid for it already
It depends for some other people who wouldn't otherwise. It's just that it'll be beneficial to more players if it does go online so that they can have access to a plethora of designs.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Hopefully customization in Gen 8 isn’t a laughable pile of sheit like it is in LGPE.
Definitely. Customisation wasn’t even a priority in LGPE. I’m sure they’ll be more serious about it in Gen 8.

Last edited:

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Personally I want too see longcoats, capes, cowboy hats, and fedoras in the game

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I definitely would have liked to see more options available in the game. Especially when we don't have much other than sailor suits and army uniforms.

Satoshi & Touko

Personally I want too see longcoats, capes, cowboy hats, and fedoras in the game
At this point I’ll just be grateful to see the usual things return: hair salons, contact lenses, and actual clothing shops.

But if hat removal returns, along with the ability to wear makeup and jewelry, then it’ll be perfect.