• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Character Discussion & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thure

So appearantly the guy in the far back with the beard is called シオニラ Shionira/Zionira?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Here are the two new characters with and without their masks.

H9Et4YU.png

I'd also like to think that these new characters are actually good guys.
They even let us wear an outfit similar to theirs.

45y2KA9.png

knightwolf09

Here are the two new characters with and without their masks.

H9Et4YU.png

I'd also like to think that these new characters are actually good guys.
They even let us wear an outfit similar to theirs.

45y2KA9.png

I'm pretty sure these guys are aliens. Like maybe residents of Ultra Space.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Tempted to say they could be Fallers. Or, maybe, in the USUM universe, Interpol allocates a lot more resources to dealing with UB's so these guys are the UB Task Force. At the very least, I'm now strongly doubting they're Aether Foundation.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
The astronaut samurais are totally from another dimension. I don't know what that dialogue says, but I have a theory that they're evil and we'll see Aether and Skull team up with us against them.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I still hope they're new villains. It'd be more interesting than Lusamine being the main villain... again.
I mean they are sinisterly shadowed in the poster, we could just be wearing their outfit like we wore the Team Rocket uniform in HGSS and the Aqua/Magma armor in ORAS

Everything12

I still hope they're new villains. It'd be more interesting than Lusamine being the main villain... again.
I mean they are sinisterly shadowed in the poster, we could just be wearing their outfit like we wore the Team Rocket uniform in HGSS and the Aqua/Magma armor in ORAS

Pretty sure Necrozma itself is the main villain without anyone elses controlling it.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I really hope this doesn't mean Lusamine gets replaced as the main antagonist.

She's the first female main antagonist we've ever gotten in the main series. That's kind of a big thing, you know.

Pretty sure Necrozma itself is the main villain without anyone elses controlling it.

A legitimately (presumably) evil Pokemon? I find that hard to believe Game Freak would do that.

Don't think they have up until now.

lolipiece

Staff member
Hey look, nevermind all the interesting points like riding Nebbie and more plot, the main character finally makes a facial expression that isn't :)

wt15jrk.png

Pre-rendered cutscene. Your character always emotes in those.

Doesn't count.

knightwolf09

Hey look, nevermind all the interesting points like riding Nebbie and more plot, the main character finally makes a facial expression that isn't :)

wt15jrk.png

Well I'd imagine things will play out like the original games and the Necrozma plot will kick in after you beat Lusamine.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I really hope this doesn't mean Lusamine gets replaced as the main antagonist.

She's the first female main antagonist we've ever gotten in the main series. That's kind of a big thing, you know.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I had the inclination to believe that Nihilego was preying off Lusamine's resentment of losing her husband, so it made her act more antogonistic.

Furthering this, Nihilego is luring her into having full parasitic reign over her, making her act even more evil.

diakyu

What if Necrozma is trying to steal the light from Alola to bring it back to his world? Would explain why that city (it is a city, there are street signs) is so dark we see in the trailer and would explain why the new baddies are so pale if they are from that dimension.

.Aerodactyl.

So that new guy, Zionira is interesting. We don't see much of him,but his outfit doesn't look like any evil team we know. I don't think he's part for aether but his own seperate thing. He's also really pale, at least from what I can see of his skin. Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part, but I'm getting "not from earth" vibes from him, like he's from ultra space.

diakyu

Also Lusamine is calling someone or something a monster in the trailer and telling Lillie and the player to run. Wonder if she's referring to Necrozma or one of the new characters.

lolipiece

Staff member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I had the inclination to believe that Nihilego was preying off Lusamine's resentment of losing her husband, so it made her act more antogonistic.

Furthering this, Nihilego is luring her into having full parasitic reign over her, making her act even more evil.

That doesn't mean she isn't an antagonist.

Not evil, per se, not by choice, but still an antagonist.

future.newyorker

Also Lusamine is calling someone or something a monster in the trailer and telling Lillie and the player to run. Wonder if she's referring to Necrozma or one of the new characters.

This scene also appears to take place at the Altar of the Sun/Moon, just like Guzma's scene from the trailer.

shadowF

I thought Zionira was going to be the leader of the mysterious group and while he could still be, it does not seem like it since our character walks past him and the other character. Perhaps the leader is Mohn? we see the Pokemon League to be completely different and affected by the Ultra Space and it seems when we approach the champion's room we see a weakened Necrozma or something that appears to take us somewhere. That could mean our final battle will be against this new mysterious boss who is the new champion or even Necrozma itself. Also the mysterious group could act as a replacement to the elite four during the story.

future.newyorker

I thought Zionira was going to be the leader of the mysterious group and while he could still be, it does not seem like it since our character walks past him and the other character. Perhaps the leader is Mohn? we see the Pokemon League to be completely different and affected by the Ultra Space and it seems when we approach the champion's room we see a weakened Necrozma or something that appears to take us somewhere. That could mean our final battle will be against this new mysterious boss who is the new champion or even Necrozma itself. Also the mysterious group could act as a replacement to the elite four during the story.

I could see the last bit being accurate, but I highly doubt that Mohn is going to be the "champion".

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
I could see the last bit being accurate, but I highly doubt that Mohn is going to be the "champion".

I think that yes, while the league is going to be interrupted, they're still going to keep the whole "you're the champion" aspect. It was hugely popular, a fantastic idea, and (imo) a great tribute to the 20 years of Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.