• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Character Discussion & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverFox

So sly
The guy farthest in the background on the poster definitely has a Faba vibe going on.

future.newyorker

I hope that Lillie eventually gets the unchosen Starter, that way all three are used throughout the game and not just two then Kukui randomly has the third at the end of the game.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I hope that Lillie eventually gets the unchosen Starter, that way all three are used throughout the game and not just two then Kukui randomly has the third at the end of the game.

Speaking of starters, it may be a minor thing, but I hope they give Hau the starter that's strong against yours this time. It was so hard for me to consider him the main rival when he had the starter that was weak to yours. Probably won't happen, but it would be nice.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Yep, she is a ginger.

Thure

Can anybody believe we will get an angry Hau? How is this possible? If Hau is angry something serious is going on.

DKVI1qUXkAEAB-o.jpg

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
The heck is the Acerola scene in the newest trailer? The whole "Get out, get out?!" It was so.. spooky...

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Right now I'm actually most excited for Mina getting a proper trial since she wasn't utilized that much in the games. If anything, I'm hoping that she'll either take Ilima's as the first trial captain you face or she'll be the last one and act as a mentor who guides you throughout the games

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Glad to see that Mina gets a trial and liked that Acerola scene. I'm kinda disappointed that Mantine is not a Pokéride for using Dive but the surfing looks fun.

Everything12

Those are most definitely Fallers

The one with the purple hair is Anabel

I don't think that's her the hair colour is similar but she looks too old to be Anabel and the hairstyle isn't that similar to either of Anabel's previous two, that and I can't see any resemblance the other three has to any past characters.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
How is this possible?

One of the rumors on 4chan suggested that Hau would become the champion this time around, in reference to Blue. Seems to be correct, given his description.

nuzamaki90

I don't think that's her the hair colour is similar but she looks too old to be Anabel and the hairstyle isn't that similar to either of Anabel's previous two, that and I can't see any resemblance the other three has to any past characters.

You’re right, Anabel’s flows in the back as opposed to the front.

Maybe they are some ancient tribe from Ultra Space or whatever alternate dimension that black hole leads to?

The guy farthest in the background on the poster definitely has a Faba vibe going on.

This may sound weird, but now we've seen more of the new people in the higher quality image, for some reason the guy at the back reminds me of Will from the Johto E4 more than Faba...

arawn

It seems Lillie will be competent pretty soon this time. So this could somewhat hint at a pretty different story even if that bridge scene is the same.
The comfirmed Trial captain in this trailer are Mina, Sophocles, Kiawe , Acerola and Mallow. I think Ryuki and Lana may be the other two so Ilima quit and Kahili being new Kahuna.

We finally got the transformed Lillie official art I'm so happy! She looks great, and while I don know if the transformation is sooner I'm glad that she has official art now! And Hau, what happened to make you so serious? If anyone harms the pure boy I will be sad. Note that he can be seen in what looks like Ten Carat Hill.

It also seems my hopes were confirmed and Mina has a proper trial! I wonder who she's replacing - Acerola is definitely still a trial captain, Mallow still has a trial, the "Trial Start!" logo appears to be seen in Verdant Cavern so Ilima might still man that one, Togedemaru's apparently replaced Vikavolt and while Salazzle isn't the totem of Wela and Kiawe isn't present there is still a trial there, so the only real candidate is Lana. The Dragon trial being replaced is a possibility but considering the presence of Ryuki that implies to me that the Dragon trial still exists. Maybe Ilima doesn't man the Verdant Cavern anymore, but I don't see any reason for that area becoming a Fairy trial of all things. And considering how Brooklett Hill looks drained out of water to some people, Lana not being a trial captain is a possibility.

Here are my thoughts on the trials and kahunas:

Ilima, still the same.
Lana, isn't a captain due to Brooklett Hill looking oddly drained and having to look after siblings.
Kiawe, most likely still a captain, just late to his trial with David keeping an eye on people coming. Also, new totem.
Mallow, still the same.
Sophocles, still the same but with new totem.
Acerola, definitely has a trial but is confirmed different. Acerola looks panicked, oh boy.
Unmanned Dragon Trial, probably run by Ryuki now.
Mina, replacing Lana in an unknown order.
Hala, still kahuna.
Olivia, not a kahuna, possibly because she has a shop to run and it's more popular in USUM so it's busier.
Nanu, if he's not a kahuna I'll shoot something.
Hapu, I really don't know but I hope she's a kahuna.
Kahili, replacing Olivia because I spotted a golf course on Akala.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
We finally got the transformed Lillie official art I'm so happy! She looks great, and while I don know if the transformation is sooner I'm glad that she has official art now! And Hau, what happened to make you so serious? If anyone harms the pure boy I will be sad. Note that he can be seen in what looks like Ten Carat Hill.

It also seems my hopes were confirmed and Mina has a proper trial! I wonder who she's replacing - Acerola is definitely still a trial captain, Mallow still has a trial, the "Trial Start!" logo appears to be seen in Verdant Cavern so Ilima might still man that one, Togedemaru's apparently replaced Vikavolt and while Salazzle isn't the totem of Wela and Kiawe isn't present there is still a trial there, so the only real candidate is Lana. The Dragon trial being replaced is a possibility but considering the presence of Ryuki that implies to me that the Dragon trial still exists. Maybe Ilima doesn't man the Verdant Cavern anymore, but I don't see any reason for that area becoming a Fairy trial of all things. And considering how Brooklett Hill looks drained out of water to some people, Lana not being a trial captain is a possibility.

Here are my thoughts on the trials and kahunas:

Ilima, still the same.
Lana, isn't a captain due to Brooklett Hill looking oddly drained and having to look after siblings.
Kiawe, most likely still a captain, just late to his trial with David keeping an eye on people coming. Also, new totem.
Mallow, still the same.
Sophocles, still the same but with new totem.
Acerola, definitely has a trial but is confirmed different. Acerola looks panicked, oh boy.
Unmanned Dragon Trial, probably run by Ryuki now.
Mina, replacing Lana in an unknown order.
Hala, still kahuna.
Olivia, not a kahuna, possibly because she has a shop to run and it's more popular in USUM so it's busier.
Nanu, if he's not a kahuna I'll shoot something.
Hapu, I really don't know but I hope she's a kahuna.
Kahili, replacing Olivia because I spotted a golf course on Akala.

Actually the water on Brooklett Hill is still there. The map just gives off that vibe of the water being drained.

Actually the water on Brooklett Hill is still there. The map just gives off that vibe of the water being drained.

It's not drained out. It's just the lighting. You cann still see the waterfalls.

Idk, it could be either. Maybe I'm just desperate for Ilima to keep his trial because it produced some of the funniest dialogue I've seen in a while. Well, it's either Lana or Ilima going out in place of Mina.

... oooorrr they all have trials? It did seem weird to me that Mina called herself a trial captain and was supposed to set up a trial, yet there were already seven trials. It's a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.