• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Character Discussion & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
^Another thing to note is that they have Beast Balls, which in-continuity was invented by Aether Foundation.

Given that Ultra Megalopolis is clearly Necrozma's US, it seems that Ultra Recon are really time-space displaced successors of Aether.

Beast Balls were invented by the Aether Foundation, but only in some possible realities. Remember that this is an alternate take on the SuMo story, and that Pokemon exists in a multiverse featuring an infinite number of possible realities, so they ignore any elements of SuMo that they want.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Glad to see that (at the very least with their trainer classes) the Ultra Recon Squad is a separate faction entirely. I really am starting to dig how ominous Necrozma is being portrayed. That towering structure in Ultra Megalopolis certainly looks like one heck of a location for a climactic showdown with the version mascot. One thing this trailer does make clear is that we'll definitely have a way to get Solgaleo or Lunala without Necrozma attached. How else would we ride them into Ultra Space? But now that's making me think all the Ultra Dungeon exploration will be post-game, since we'd need to free Nebby in the main story to get this to work.

shadowF

Wow the new characters look awesome! It seems Dulse and Soliera both have UB Adhesive and while the Ultra Recon Squad can all have UB Adhesive, I can definitely see Zossie having UB-Burst and Phyco having UB-Assembly. So what do you guys think of Ultra Recon Squad? Are they initially bad guys or good guys? Do they have a leader? Lusamine talks about a monster according to some translations(which might not be legit translations). She says "Get out of here…He’s…He’s a monster" Could she be talking about Necrozma? A new UB? or a new villain? Hopefully we can meet all the new characters from the Ultra Recon Squad since they are all awesome! Who knows Zossie and Dulse might be people we can have rematches in Ultra Sun while Soliera and Phyco can be people we can have rematches in Ultra Moon and that was the exclusive they were talking about.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Beast Balls were invented by the Aether Foundation, but only in some possible realities. Remember that this is an alternate take on the SuMo story, and that Pokemon exists in a multiverse featuring an infinite number of possible realities, so they ignore any elements of SuMo that they want.

The opening literally shows that they replace the Aether guys in the opening.

It's entirely possible they steal some Beast Balls for their own use.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Given that there's a lot being recycled from SM (obviously), I can't help but laugh at the fact that Dulse's battle intro animation is just the male ace trainer, while Soliera's is quite literally Guzma's (of all characters). Likewise, the Recon Squad's weird greeting is just a square-shaped version of the Alola gesture. Sorry, it's just kind of funny and distracts from how serious they're supposed to be.

diakyu

They must get revenge on the one who stole their light
Or, get Necrozma to steal the light from Alola and put it in their world. I still don't see GF making a straight up evil pokemon.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Finally, some info on the new characters in the poster. The Ultra Recon Squad's piquing my interest, in fact I have a lot of questions after watching the trailer. Are they allies? Antagonists? Anti-villains? One of them is seen battling the player with UB Adhesive, but perhaps that's just to test the player's strength? Their skintones are also interesting imo - looks like the result of having their homeworld's light stolen.

Likewise, the Recon Squad's weird greeting is just a square-shaped version of the Alola gesture. Sorry, it's just kind of funny and distracts from how serious they're supposed to be.
Could be they're attempting the Alolan greeting to appear less threatening towards the player, and obviously failing.

Last edited:

Aetius

Goodness! I can't believe that what I wrote earlier would be confirmed so soon! XD
The Ultra Recon Squad looks cool and its members seem to be extremely characterized.
Solyera and Phyco are not bad, but I prefer Dulse and Zossie over them; That's why I'll play US!

Looks like the Recon Team are definitely villains.

The cutscene showing Lillie escaping from Aether Paradise replaces the male Aether Foundation Employees with Dulse and Zossie (which will probably be Phyco and Soliera in UM).

But they're not.
From what I understood, it appears their objective is to protect Cosmog at all costs, that's why they will battle against us, in order to see for themselves whetever or not we have the power needed to accomplish what they came to do in Alola.

Ultra Beast Lover

Indeed, they don't seem to want Cosmog at least from the looks of it. Although that begs the question, "Why did Necrozoma bring Nebby here" unless it wants to return the light.

I just thought I'd mention that Dulce and Zossie single-handedly convinced me to switch my pre-order from US to UM. The official site mentioned that you'll see the story from a "different point of view" depending on the version concerning the Ultra Recon members, and I'm much more into the idea of seeing the story from a child's POV than anything else. I still wanna get a UB Assembly though so I'm gonna ask for trading on that one.

Ultra Beast Lover

I just thought I'd mention that Dulce and Zossie single-handedly convinced me to switch my pre-order from US to UM. The official site mentioned that you'll see the story from a "different point of view" depending on the version concerning the Ultra Recon members, and I'm much more into the idea of seeing the story from a child's POV than anything else. I still wanna get a UB Assembly though so I'm gonna ask for trading on that one.

Um Zossie is in Ultra Sun, I'm pretty sure she is at least

ShadowForce720

um what you seem to be a little mixed up here, Dulce and Zossie are exclusive to Ultra Sun while Soliera and Phyco are exclusive to Ultra Moon, and as for the new Ultra Beast UB Busrt is exclusive to Ultra Sun while UB Assembly is exclusive to Ultra Moon.

Ultra Beast Lover

I do plan on getting Ultra Sun myself though, Zossie seems like an interesting character. We rarely see kids involved in team ups that aren't with the player I mean N was young but Zossie appears to be even younger so I'd like to hear her story.

lolipiece

Staff member
Hmm. I wonder if it's significant that Xerosic from XY also has blue skin like the Recon Squad.

I guess it could be a coincidence.

ShadowForce720

Hmm. I wonder if it's significant that Xerosic from XY also has blue skin like the Recon Squad.

I guess it could be a coincidence.

um what are you talking about, I'm pretty sure the Xerosic doesn't have blue skin, even if his skin is lighter then what you might expect I really don't think it's as light as the skin of the people from the Recon Squad.

lolipiece

Staff member
um what are you talking about, I'm pretty sure the Xerosic doesn't have blue skin, even if his skin is lighter then what you might expect I really don't think it's as light as the skin of the people from the Recon Squad.

You know, it's not that hard to just go online and check.

[img139]https://78.media.tumblr.com/b66899140e103ccadeedc24088719c82/tumblr_oxd74tVg8p1r1alb2o1_540.png[/img139]

That's definitely blue.

Maybe a bit lighter, but it's blue.

ShadowForce720

[img139]https://78.media.tumblr.com/b66899140e103ccadeedc24088719c82/tumblr_oxd74tVg8p1r1alb2o1_540.png[/img139]

That's definitely blue.

No, I'd still say that Xerosic skin color is still not close enough to the Recon Squad to make any kinds of connection with him and the Recon Squad.

.Aerodactyl.

That's definitely blue.

He's also wearing glasses, which I assume the Ultra Reacon Team wear because their eyes aren't adjusted to sunlight.

Still, I don't actually think this means anything necessarily. Xerosic was pretty unmemorable.

Um Zossie is in Ultra Sun, I'm pretty sure she is at least

um what you seem to be a little mixed up here, Dulce and Zossie are exclusive to Ultra Sun while Soliera and Phyco are exclusive to Ultra Moon, and as for the new Ultra Beast UB Busrt is exclusive to Ultra Sun while UB Assembly is exclusive to Ultra Moon.

I meant the other way around, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.