• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Character Interviews

DeliriousAbsol

Call me Del
I'm a bit late on this D= I'm going to start with the beginning questions for now, since there's a lot to read here, focusing on one of my characters from Glitched. Meet Vector the Meowstic:

How would you introduce yourself to a stranger?

How would I introduce myself? Hi. I'm Vector. Then I'd become awkward because they were looking at me funny. *Indicates black and white fur*

Where do you live?

I live in System. Well... what's left of it.

What's your family like?

Your everyday Meowstic couple. One sister who didn't evolve. All of them are now dead, however, thanks to the virus.

What do you want to do with your life? How does what you're doing now relate to that?

I want to return to normal and find a cure for this wretched virus! Help the humans to get back home. Return System back to normal. Right now, you're delaying me from doing that with all these questions!

What's your most unusual trait?

*Blinks slowly* Well, I guess you can't actually see me. It's my corrupted appearance. The black and white fur. Oh! And the birthmark. Two horizontal stripes along my back, like a pikachu. They're normally a dark blue, but right now they're black.

What's a sure way to make you angry?

Hurt my friends. Also, blind, deliberate injustice. Like what the doctors tried to put me through.

What's your biggest accomplishment?

*Flinches* I tried to assist a mission to get the humans back. It was my idea. It would have been fantastic if it wasn't an absolute failure. You wanted an accomplishment? I can't help you.

What decision do you most regret?

Helping that mission, and not stopping Raw from breaching the Fracture in the first place.

What do you think is the most important thing for other people to understand about you?

I find it hard to make friends in a world where it's so easy to have someone you love snatched away from you.

If you could change just one thing about yourself, what would it be?

I think what I want to change about myself applies to the whole of System. I want the virus gone.

Last edited:

diamondpearl876

Been meaning to do this for a while... I'll be posting for Virokoe from LaON because why not - he's used to interviews. :~) Or being in the spotlight, rather.

I don't usually introduce myself to strangers. I don't have to. Being a television star means that people and pokemon approach me, not the other way around. Besides, even if I responded, not all people can understand pokemon speech. And pokemon are usually jealous... so why bother with them?

Where do you live?

Well... I don't really live anywhere right now. I'm from Unova, and I've been in Sinnoh for the longest time, but my this obnoxious girl named Annie recently came and dared to dub herself as my trainer. She whisked me away from my job in Jubilife. ...Not that the studio was really a home to begin with, but it was where you could find me if I wasn't sleeping.

What's your family like?

I don't have one anymore. My parents were stars too, and when they retired, they disappeared. No one's really told me all the details... The producers and directors know more than I do, but keeping me on the set is more important than risking scaring me away from the profession, I guess. Anyway, now that I'm traveling about, maybe I'll find out the truth about them. I remember that they weren't the kindest parents, but closure would be... nice.

What do you want to do with your life? How does what you're doing now relate to that?

I thought I wanted to be a star like my parents. And I know I act bitter toward my trainer sometimes, but she sees right through me. No one's been able to see right through me before. I hate her for it, because now I don't know what I want at all.

I don't think anything that describes me would fit under the "unusual" category. My trainer seems to think my wanting to stick to a daily schedule is a hassle, but it's not my fault if she can't keep up with what I need.

If you're making even the slightest attempt to deny a request I make, then there's no doubt that I'm angry.

I'm one of the most famous commercial stars in Sinnoh. What else do you want from me?

Of all the demands I made in my time at Jubilife, I never did assert myself and try to figure out what happened to my parents.

What do you think is the most important thing for other people to understand about you?

It takes me forever to actually trust someone, or confide in them.

I don't know. Annie seems to think there's something to 'fix' in me, but even she doesn't seem to know what it is yet, so... I'll be interested to see what nonsense she comes up with down the road.

EDIT: I forgot to leave a question for DeliriousAbsol. Has any progress been made on finding this virus? How far would you say you are from finding the cure?

Last edited:

Negrek

Lost but Seeking
[size=+1]Omegagoldfish[/size]

One character at a time, please! If you're done with Taffy and don't want any questions for him from me, that's okay, and you can move on to somebody else, but if that's the case please let me know. So yeah, please choose one of either Taffy or the Goldenrod guy for me to ask questions.

[size=+1]Kutie Pie[/size]

Back for round three, eh? Let's get to it!

What led you to move to the forest community you live in now? Where did you live beforehand?

You say you get along with pretty much everyone, but I assume there are some people you consider closer friends than others. Who do you consider your best or closest friend(s)? What makes them stand out over your other acquaintances?

What do you think you'll do after Missy's grown up and gone off on her own?

What are you looking for in a new mate? Is there anything in particular you're looking to avoid after your experience with Mace?

[size=+1]Blackjack Gabbiani[/size]

Thanks for adding a question for Marjorie! Here's the first set of questions for Jirarudan:

You call yourself a collector, but what do you mean by that? Are you the same as people who collect stamps or bottle caps, or do you consider yourself in a different class? Are there a lot of other people like you out there?

What exactly do you collect? What inspired you to begin on your collection?

What was your sanctuary like? What made it your personal heaven?

It sounds like you must have a lot of resources to pursue your collecting. Where do you get the money? Are you going to have difficulty rebuilding after the setbacks you've suffered?

[size=+1]Umbramatic[/size]

Okay, here we go. Questions for Naga:

You mentioned there aren't many of your kind left--do you every interact with them, or is it pretty much just you? Do you ever get to know any mortals, or do they not last long enough for you to really develop a relationship with them?

Is there much that surprises you, after millions of years? Do you see the same kinds of things happening over and over again, or does history stay fresh? Do you think the future will look much like the past?

What exactly do you have to protect humanity from?

Who is "he?"

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Question for Virokoe: Which commercial are you most proud of? Least proud of?

I've also been meaning to do this for awhile. I guess I'll do one of my characters from my Digimon stories.

"Hello. My name is Omegamon. It is a pleasure to meet you." Something like that, I suppose... It depends on whether they are a fan or not. Being one of the Royal Knights, I am used to strangers coming up to me and asking for my autograph. I am not all that comfortable with it, I admit. It's hard for me, being famous across the Digital World. I don't like being in the spotlight as much as some of my friends do. It comes with the territory, however. I know the fans mean well, so I try to be as approachable as I can.

Where do you live?

I live in Castle Albion, the headquarters of the Order of the Royal Knights. It is located in Splendor's Reach.

What's your family like?

*sheepishly rubbing his neck* My family... That is a bit of an awkward question... You see, I am a fused Digimon, made up of two component Digimon - WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon. I am both of those Digimon, so I technically have two sets of parents. Only my parents on MetalGarurumon's side are still living. They are quite loving, but things are sometimes a little awkward, considering that I am their son, but not their son as well. Despite my WarGreymon side, they still treat me like their son. I am fond of them.

I want to help Digimon. I want the Digital World to be peaceful and safe for all Digimon so that they might be able to live their lives without fear. That is part of the reason that I helped agreed to be one of the founding members of the Royal Knights. By being a Royal Knight, I hope that we are making a positive difference to the Digital World.

Some might say that it is my dichotomy. I am two very different Digimon fused into one. One is brave and reckless, the other is shy and loyal. As Omegamon, I have traits from both Digimon. I also have a dual voice which some Digimon find intimidating. However, some might say that my appetite is one of my strangest traits. *Omegamon blushes* Despite this slender body, I can eat quite a lot. I suppose I am also rather shy, and I absolutely hate public speaking.

Harming my friends and cruelty towards innocent Digimon. I have trouble forgiving Digimon who do these things. My friends are the world to me.

My biggest accomplishment... That would have to be helping my oldest friend, Imperialdramon: Paladin Mode, defeat Armagemon. Armagemon was wreaking havoc in the Digital World, so Imperialdramon and I - I should clarify that he was Imperialdramon: Fighter Mode at the time - attempted to stop him. This was back during our adventuring days, before the Royal Knights were founded. Pardon me - anyways, we attempted to stop Armagemon, but neither of us were able to best him. He defeated us both, I'm ashamed to say. I had been defeated and I could barely move my body. Imperialdramon - the stubborn Digimon that he is - pushed himself beyond the limits of his body. He kept standing up despite his wounds. I knew that I couldn't do anything on my own, so I decided to give the remainder of my power to my friend. I couldn't stand to see him killed, and this was the only thing that I could think to do. He ended up accepting my power and evolving to Imperialdramon: Paladin Mode. He then defeated the rampaging Armagemon. *Omegamon smiles* I feel proud that I was able to help my friend reach the final stage of his evolution.

*Omegamon bows his head* I... regret not trusting Alphamon more during the DarkKnightmon crisis. A rift grew between us as a result of... something that I would rather not discuss. I didn't attempt to mend things, so... *he sighs* Everything went horribly wrong afterwards. I changed and did things that I bitterly regret. I cannot excuse my actions; it was my own weakness that caused it. It is a sensitive point for me to this day. I also regret not being more honest with Imperialdramon when he left the Order. As much as I felt hurt that he was leaving, I didn't say anything because I didn't want to make him feel guilty. I'm too passive for my own good sometimes. I compressed my own feelings for the sake of others. In retrospect, I whole-heartedly regret doing this... These negative emotions all came out when I was changed by DarkKnightmon...

My friends are the most important things in my life. I would do anything for them. It is important to me that my friends feel that they can depend on me.

I... sometimes wish that I was less shy and uncomfortable in social situations. Given the amount of public prestige the Royal Knights have, it is sometimes hard for somebody who doesn't like being in the spotlight to be a Royal Knight. It is also hard for me to give commands within the Order. I prefer being a sounding board to Alphamon and the others. More specifically, I wish that I was able to speak up about my feelings more. I usually keep my feelings and problems to myself, because I don't want to cause problems for the other. However, allowing them to build and fester ended up causing big problems for my friends. I don't want that to happen again.

Last edited:

Sike Saner

Peace to the Mountain
Question for Omegamon: What's the weirdest thing anyone's ever asked you to sign?

Anyway... Today I felt like writing about Oth, so Oth y'all shall have this time around. Warnings for major Communication spoilers ahead!

<I try to approach others as civilly as possible. They are usually more willing to listen and cooperate if I avoid frightening them. Sometimes it helps if they hear me before they see me. Other times the opposite is true.>

("Hear" being partially figurative here. Oth's primary means of communication outside their species is telepathy; something about spoken baltoy/claydol languages doesn't compute for a lot of species for some reason.)

Where do you live?

<I am currently living with the Hirashka in Sinnoh. Their territory surrounds what remains of Snowpoint City.>

(The Hirashka, incidentally, are a nation of snorunt/glalie/froslass. Claydol though they are, Oth has no fear of ice-types, partly on account of spending a lot of time among them.

I may or may not have specifically chosen to let Snowpoint fall into ruin after the extinction of humanity on account of the fact that its gym kind of pisses me off. :B)

What's your family like?

<I... have parents. I only knew one of them: Osa, one of my own kind. I assume the other is a ditto.

<...Osa was kind to me. I still believe they truly cared for me. But I... am only one person. It is only natural that they sided with the colony.>

(Yeah, about that... Baltoy/claydol of the desert east of Lavaridge are usually created via a ritual that conducts cosmic energy into clay constructs, according to ancient traditions extending back to the dawn of the species. Oth, meanwhile, came from an egg, and upon reuniting with the desert colony, Osa and their child learned that most of their people don't view baltoy created outside of the ritual as real baltoy.

It was the will of two psychics versus the will of hundreds. Osa was swayed by the majority into rejecting Oth. Oth was swayed into accepting that rejection and leaving the colony behind.)

<I wish only to be there for the people in my life, for my friends and their families and our new nation, in whatever capacity they need. As long as I can do so, I will be satisfied.

<Lately I have been assisting the Sisterhood in keeping the remnants of the Sinaji in line. Most of them have not been overly hostile since their defeat, but others are somewhat more... stubborn. I suppose this is hardly surprising. Many of them had been exiled from their former nation for their misbehavior.>

(Yeah, there was a bit of a nasty conflict a little while back. Terrorism; kidnappings; awful, bloody combat; things of that nature. The Sinaji were the instigating party, and also, ultimately, the losing party. Without much better places to go, they surrendered and joined the Hirashka nation. Some of them have had a harder time reintegrating into lawful society since.

Oth has very little self-centered ambition to speak of, and is about as materialistic as an actual clump of mud. They care about belonging, and about expressing their gratitude and being a good friend, and that's very nearly all.)

<I already spoke about my family. I hope what I have said will suffice, but... I understand that it might be difficult for other species to understand why I feel the way I do about my parents. I am willing to elaborate, if I must.>

(They rather hope they don't have to, though.

But yeah, Oth isn't exactly proud of their lineage. The rejection by their own kind remains internalized af.)

<...I legitimately cannot recall the last time I was angry.>

(Seriously, their fuse is super long. They tend toward sorrow more than anger when it all comes down to it.)

<I fought against the Sinaji. I gathered information about the enemy from the minds of captured agents and psychically verified claims of defection. I provided transport... while I could. My services contributed to the salvation of the Virc nation. Knowing this... feels good. I imagine it always will.>

(Other aid given to the pokémon left behind by the Extinction comes at a fairly close second. Their master rank victory in tough contests comes at a distant third.)

<At this point in my life, I am at peace with my choices. There are certainly things I could have done better, things I would have done differently--if I could have known what I know now. But I could not. There is little sense in judging myself for decisions I was forced to make in ignorance.>

(Nonetheless, they've certainly done so in the past--and the recent past, at that. They've wished they could've found a way to save their trainer. They've wished they could have kept the Virc authorities from blaming the wrong people for the kidnappings and the attack on the temple. They've wished they could have prevented any casualties on their side during the conflict that followed. Their brain knows regret is useless. Their little clay heart regrets all the same.)

<I understand that my abilities make some people uncomfortable. I know that not everyone can trust a psychic-type. I can do my best to assure them that I intend no undue harm, but whether or not I succeed is outside my power.>

(Oth won't force anyone to be comfortable with them. By this point, they're kind of used to people being at least initially apprehensive about them, seeing as they're a hovering psychic with laser turrets for hands and a crapton of eyes, but it does still sadden them on some level or another when they can't make friends.)

<I would like to be able to teleport again.>

(Yeah, they kind of got unwittingly and unwillingly move deleted along the way, whoops. If they ever cross paths with a pokémon able to perform the services of a move reminder, they might just get their wish. Otherwise... yeah.)

(Feel free to help me decide which characters to use in future installments! But, uh, you probably shouldn't post here just to do that, heh. VMs are a good alternative!)

Last edited:

Venia Silente

[](int x){return x;}
Character #2: Inka

Since I haven't touched this in a good while, I mean really more than enough time, am bringing a second character to the fray.

Here I will be more formally introducing Inka, my ;031; Nidoqueen who guest starred in "Built for Risk". You might also already seen her as that Nidorina in "Silly human, romance is for Nidoran~", too. She's a strongly featuring character of mine elsewhere.

POTENTIAL SPOILER WARNING - Depending on what questions are asked to the character there might be spoilers for the upcoming story "Interim".

As per usual, presented in a kind of CYOA / in-universe way.

----

For this interview you find yourself somewhere in the middle of a forest on a calm day of insert-your-favourite-month-here, the canopies blocking some of the sunlight or the rain, depending on the season.

How you got this deep into the forest without upsetting any of its inhabitants – Pokémon who mostly keep to themselves and do not intervene in affairs such as meeting humans and going into training, and who have been on their own wars of wild-versus-wild for a time already – might have been a combination of provable good intent and sheer luck.

As for your prize, you have been brought to a small, well protected area of the forest where you will meet one of the strongest Pokémon in this land, and you can perceive the presence and movement of many Pokémon around, watching you as you attend to this special event. There's everything from the common Zigzagoon and Spearow to one or two Ursaring and Ariados.

There's also a veritable amount of Nidoran who have also come here to get a glimpse of the figure they see as leader of their kind.

You are then brought to her presence: a fierce Nidoqueen wearing some items of equipment just stands there a couple feet up a slope. While royal Nidoran evolutions are not as large or imposing as other highest evolutions like Aggron, this Nidoqueen makes very clear with her calculated movement, the scars in her arms and chest, and her careful watch over her surroundings that several years of experience back her up in case her meet up unveils ill intent. Not even the Ursaring who have surrounded or watched you will come closer to her than a certain distance, so now you stand before her on your own.

That she is holding a Water Gem close by, ready to use, and is wearing a makeshift pauldron of what at this distance seem to be the scales of one if not more Garchomp... might not really help matters.

She has accepted your presence and lent you an ear - a very big one - at least, so now it's your move.

"Hmmm... well... miss...", you begin. "How would you introduce yourself to a stranger?"

The Nidoqueen in question squints at you for a moment then assumes a more relaxed position. "I'm Inka," she then mutters, in a dry but energetic voice.

A moment passes. She flickers her ears as if trying to confirm that you have heard what she had to say. You wonder if she might not fully understand, perhaps, the extent of your question.

She seems to perceive your hesitation and her ears drop for a moment.

"...To a stranger. Those who come from so far away? I'm still Inka." She moves a bit down the slope and closer to you. "I was once a roo... a kit like the ones who roam around here, then I became a Starter, long ago." She prompts you to look around, to the lively presence of Pokémon you can hear but not see. "My Trainer and our team were once the head guard of many of his kind. Now I am the head guard of the lives of this forest, of thousand kittens, and the one who rules over their elders and fights the threats away."

As if to clear any pending questions on the matter decisively, she then darts a bit closer to you and stands besides a nearby tree. She speaks in a higher voice this time.

"Your kind calls my entire evolutionary stage 'Nidoqueen', said my Trainer, but here, for the Pokémon living here, you'll do good to call me just queen. Sovereign."

That seems to confirm the information you might have gotten in the past. So you continue.

"Where do you live?" do you ask.

You have to meet her brief accusing stare with a firm one. Yes, it might be obvious that she lives 'here' but that's abstract, and it is not you who came up with the questions - or at least that is the story you will be sticking to. Besides, a bit of specificity might come in handy, even better if there is a tale behind it.

"I live not in this part of the forest," she answers with her dry voice back as she smiles a bit, "if that's what you are wondering. My kind, my evolutionary stage, we are made rough... we prefer the floors and sides of the mountains, so..."

She seems to think for a moment, she looks up to the canopies covering the forest and for a moment seems to track the sun, or the stars, depending on the time of the day. Then she leans back for a moment and points one of her arms to the north.

"There are some caves in that direction. They are dry and safe. There those with my strength are not a danger for the forest we protect." She waits for a moment. "I sleep there, eat there...work here," she concludes with a nod.

You have taken notice that for the time being, she stands alone. You have for good information that royal evolutions are unlikely to be alone in the wild - the Nidoran evolutionary line is not an historical symbol of love and romance for nothing. So you ask next, "What's your family like? Where are they?"

She turns to you and leaves a degree of understanding the purpose of the question visible in her eyes.

"My blood and that of my émar... my mate, it runs in the veins of many," she answers. "Hiding among the many-more even as we speak. Years of... work," she stresses the last word with a gesture not much unlike a wink, "for offspring." She hunches over and seems to concentrate for a moment, thinking of the past . "One the first, then five, then three... many litters, many kittens. Twenty and more, already going out to spread," she adds proudly.

You take a look around. She has certainly mentioned him, and in theory they should be together, but you have not seen hints of a Nidoking's presence anywhere, at least not yet: trees are healthily standing in their places, free of marks or tears that are not those of an Ursaring, and the soil around the place does not look to be removed. Inka seems to track your eyes for a moment, then thumps on the ground to call for your attention.

"Do not seek for them," she commands in a gruff voice. "Here you are stranger, and there's deeper into the forest than this. You are allowed to come only this far."

You decide it might be wise to drop the subject until you can make her feel more comfortable about it. So you jump to the next question.

"What do you want to do with your life? What have you done?" you ask, stressing the note of how old and experienced the Nidoqueen seems to be. "How does what you're doing now relate to that?"

To the first part of your question the Nidoqueen already has a welcoming answer. Her features seem to light up as she stands more upright once again, and she takes calm breathes for a moment as if savoring the forest.

"Life..." she mutters as her voice falls softer. She seems to struggle in her own mind for a moment as if trying to sort out her answer. "It has come and gone. Badges... grandkittens... that kind of things, do come," she adds as she stares to the ground for a moment. Then she stares back at you. "Life prizes I already got. Trainer made me strong. Ancient ritual made me glorious. I came back... home. Blood and kittens."

Her stare then suddenly becomes an accusing one again, and her voice grows coarser. "But forest is not safe. Kittens are not safe. I want to see it safe, again, from the white wings and the melody of death. Trainer taught me how to fight," she adds, exposing the Water Gem for a moment, "how to rule. I fight. I rule."

You nod as you catch the clear intent and reminder behind her statement. "What's your most unusual trait?" you ask next, trying to sway the conversation from the trend of Pokémon battle to something more personal and identifying.

She flickers he ears at the word 'trait' and seems to think over it. You wonder if you might have to explain what the word means, not all Pokémon have a grasp of abstract concepts or the nuances behind the words used to describe them. Whatever motion you made to continue speaking, before you can do anything more she thumps on the ground with her foot, once again calling you into order.

"Unusual? Maybe I can describe. Trainer said we would be good when we would be unique." She suddenly steps back, further up the slope, and you can sense some of the Pokémon surrounding the place getting nervous and trying to make their away from the place. "He taught us unique, if that is what you mean," she adds. "Techniques, tutors... but also understanding. How humans work. How Pokémon work. We live and think by ourselves when Trainer is not around, and thanks to that now I rule Sovereign of this land."

Inka then stretches her arms and breathes hard for a moment; the gesture catches you a bit off-guard, but you can see no further aggressive gesture from the Nidoqueen.

However, as she tenses her body, a sense of foreboding reaches at you. You can sense the forest and the ground begin rustling. If you brought a Pokémon with you, he or she would sense a large amount of Ground-type energy being drained from the soil and the rocks around and building up - but even if it makes you nervous that small bits of dirt are starting to move all around you and that the trees are shaking, you can tell from the Nidoqueen's tone that she means no ill intent, but rather something closer to a demonstration.

"You asked what made us unusual," she reminds you. "I was taught to fight other Pokémon... and to fight humans and nature as well."

The shaking of the ground is softer now but you can sense in the shift of your body's balance that the soil itself behaves as if it was being pulled as a rug into a whirl around the Nidoqueen, and you struggle for a moment to secure your feet.

"Threats come from everywhere, Trainer said, even from those whose intention is to learn and be friendly, like you." She then points to the bag that you apparently happen to be bringing by your side. "Your vehicles, your machines, your cages for us or for your own kind, all I have bested. If you want to risk it and learn how I am unique," she then suggests, making herself clear above the noise of rustling branches and leaves, "I can demonstrate later."

You take note of that as Inka lowers her arms and resumes a calmer posture; the Ground-type dispels and the forest once again falls back into its normal kind of silence.

"So... uhm, if one were to, say, want to threaten you..." you ask next, hoping that risking continuing this line of conversation is worth its reward, "what's a sure way to make you angry?"

At this Inka falls silent for a moment. She then slowly moves down the hill making her way around you, until she stands some distance away at about your own eye level.

"Living creatures are good at harm. Never stop being threatening." Her eyes focus on you and her body tenses. "Always came harm to our team or to this forest. But there's the worst of your kind, humans..." She clenches her fists. "Hunting our kind, or hunting your own. Poachers, vigilantes, whatever you call them. Not thinking of fighting fair, not thinking of the harm. Not letting anyone be safe – not kittens, not Trainer..."

She marks her next statement with an almost feral growl. "But rest assured... I had to learn to fight those off too."

For the next question you decide to change subjects a little. "What's your biggest accomplishment?"

"You and your kind teach us to seek glory," she answers, gesturing to show you around. "If you want our accomplishments, you can just look at what we become under your guidance."

"Since many moons ago this forest has suffered under the white wings and the melody of death followed by claws and fangs that take you to your end. They had grown unruly, uncontrollable beyond their role in nature... my kind and others faced the bitter end."

She then steps forward, invading more of your personal space as she strafes around you. "When we fought back and their leaders came... the strongest, the ones they call elder to their own kin? I and others have fought them back. And when your kind and your poachers come to feast on the losers? I fought them back too. They dare cross into these lands no longer. That is what I am under the guidance of a human, see."

You try your next question. "What decision do you most regret?"

Inka circles around you for a moment then walks away, closer to some trees. As you follow her a short distance she turns around.

"I think, sometimes, that this world has made me old. Many things I would have loved to do when I was younger, but I was bound as a Starter, and our team was in danger. Getting to know my home, finding a mate... all things that started when I was already old. I miss maybe having had something more definitive than a fling or two when I was young."

"I see... And what do you think is the most important thing for other people to understand about you?"

Inka steps away and resumes her place at higher ground. "That no matter if you are human or Pokémon, it is your world that made me, us, like this. Strong. Reliable. That the same reasons why you call us evil and dangerous are why you seek our help and be friends with us. And that what we have learned, we do pass down."

"One question and we can finish for now while I take notes. If you could change just one thing about yourself, what would it be?"

She seems to blush for a moment, and rubs her feet on the ground. Then she stares sternly at you. "Youth. For me and émar be young and lively with more kittens again."

Given that answer, you decide it is best to give the interview a short break.

"I have a question for this Pokémon called Oth though." Inka seems to fumble with her thoughts a little. "The life you speak of... seems to be one of war, and at the same time it seems to have made you into what you are. So... how much will (or did) you accept or refuse, when time comes for someone to end this war?"

And with that she goes to rest under a tree.

----

EDIT: official character artwork by autobottesla.

Last edited:

Sike Saner

Peace to the Mountain
Holy macaroni, that nidoqueen is a treat to read. Very nice.

And now to field her question:

"The life you speak of... seems to be one of war, and at the same time it seems to have made you into what you are. So... how much will (or did) you accept or refuse, when time comes for someone to end this war?"

<I refused nothing. If I had not wished to see an end to the conflict, I would never have joined the effort against the Sinaji.

<I lived for more than two decades before their actions against the Virc nation. Most of those years were relatively peaceful. I did not need war then. I do not need it now.>

(Surprise! Oth's actually pretty young, time-wise. Developmentally, though, baltoy are born/made at roughly the equivalent of your average 10- to 12-year-old human child, and they mature rapidly from there.

They still tend to live a pretty frickin' long time, though.)

For Inka: How did you feel when you realized you were going to have your first litter?

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
What's the weirdest thing anyone's ever asked you to sign?

*Omegamon begins to blush heavily* ...Places on the body. I would rather not go into details... I can only thank Dynasmon for stepping in to do it for me...

Question for Oth:

Now that you live with the Hirashka, who would you consider yourself closest with?

Negrek

Lost but Seeking
My responses will be pretty slow for a while, but don't worry, I'll get to everyone eventually. Sorry for the wait! Here's my next batch.

[size=+1]ChloboShoka[/size]

Okay, here's the second and last set of questions for Matron Blissey. Feel free to submit another character if you like.

Heh, a doctor's bedside manner is just their style of relating to their patients. It's very hopefully not sexual.

Are you happy with your abilities as a nurse right now? Is there anything in particular you think you need to improve on, or areas you want to gain more experience with because they might be useful in the future? Looking back, what do you think you've learned from your clinical work thus far?

You mention that there are usually only a few different pokémon lines you see working as nurses (jigglypuff, audino, etc.). Do you think that these pokémon tend to have an edge over other species when it comes to practicing medicine? What do you see pokémon from other species bringing to the profession that those species perhaps couldn't?

Who was your most difficult patient? What gave you the most trouble with them?

What are your opinions of medical TV shows? Do you think any of them come close to what it's actually like to work in a Pokémon Center, or do you not particularly mind a lack of realism? Any particular favorites?

[size=+1]Omegagoldfish[/size]

Here we go, then.

How did you make the transition from trainer to breeder? Were there any certifications you needed to get, information/supplies you needed to track down, or was it a simple matter of deciding one day that you wanted to switch professions?

What's the most difficult aspect of the breeder business? Is there anything you find particularly annoying or tedious?

Do you specialize at all in what kinds of pokémon you breed, or is it all based on the requests you get from clients? If the former, what in particular interests you about that particular kind(s) of pokémon? If not, do you enjoy working on commission, or would you rather be able to pursue the kinds of projects that interest you?

If Goldenrod isn't a great place for you to work, why not move? If you could set up shop elsewhere, where do you think would be a good place and why?

[size=+1]DeliriousAbsol[/size]

Please add a question for Omegagoldfish's character! (Either make a new post with it or sent me a VM/PM once you've edited your current post.) I'll put together some questions for you once you do.

[size=+1]diamondpearl876[/size]

What are your fans like? Do you think it might be fun to try traveling somewhere where people wouldn't recognize you, or use a disguise?

You say that other pokémon are usually jealous of you... is there anyone you're thinking of in particular? Have you ever had any friends at all, pokémon or otherwise?

What's your daily schedule like? What happens if you can't follow it for some reason?

It sounds like you don't remember your parents very well. Did they retire when you were very young? Do you recall what you felt about it at the time? Do you have any hopes for your reunion with them? Realistically, how do you think it might go?

[size=+1]Griff4815[/size]

Who are the other Royal Knights, and how did you come to decide to form the group together? What kinds of threats are you protecting the Digital World from?

Are you satisfied with the work the Royal Knights have done so far, or are you frustrated with how things are going? Is there anything you think would improve the group?

What were your adventuring days like? Do you ever want to return to them, or are you content with your life as a Knight?

It sounds like you have some good friends, but what about enemies? Are there any Digimon in particular you really dislike, even if you wouldn't consider yourself opponents? Why?

Sike Saner

Peace to the Mountain
Now that you live with the Hirashka, who would you consider yourself closest with?

<Of the Hirashka, I have spent the most time with Captain Nharitas, as well as Ms. Sarithas of the Sisterhood. I have come to know them well since we were accepted into their nation.

<But I remain in touch with the friends from Hoenn who have come to live here with me. Zdir, Solonn, Grosh, Moriel, Evane, Viraya... I would say I am still closest with them.>

(Those two Hirashka they mentioned are a glalie and a froslass, respectively, and the leaders of their nation's two separate peacekeeping forces.

Oth still has other friends in Hoenn, plus a couple in the Mordial region. They just don't get to visit with them quite as often.)

For Omegamon: Any foods you just absolutely, positively can't stand?

Last edited:
Okay, last set of questions for Brendan from me. Really enjoyed reading your responses, and hope you had a good time putting them together!

You bet! I had an awesome time writing this, and this whole thing is a really great way to study your characters. This helped me understand a character who isn’t even that “present” in my story even more than I thought I would, and I feel that it’s still a huge help to how I’m going to approach the story in the future even if I’m not gonna deal with his character that much. I can only imagine how helpful it’s been to everyone else who have been interviewing characters who are more central to their respective projects!

Gonna wrap up Brendan’s character interview with this one! Answering that last batch of questions from Negrek.

Oh, hi! Let me guess: you’re here to ask me even more questions?

Yup, though I think this’ll be my last time visiting since we’ve asked you more than enough questions.

Aww, that’s too bad! I really enjoyed answering them. But you’re right in that I’ve answered quite a lot of them!

I’m glad you enjoyed them. It’s really nice of you to take time off from your interviewing like this.

No problem at all! Like I said, this is giving me a lot of ideas for my project, too.

Well, a lot of the questions this time around are about your project, so let’s get started. (Q17) What was the initial impetus for you to start your project? Has it turned out like you expected it would?

Great question. The idea of Humans of Hoenn came to me in the first few days of my journey. My neighbor, May, was telling me all about Hoenn, and one of her descriptions that stuck with me was how a lot of Hoenn can be found in the people that live in it. So when we went our separate ways, I made sure to strike a conversation with every person I battled. It didn’t take long for me to figure out that each conversation I had led to some incredible thoughts and ideas, so I began compiling them. I was talking about it with Wally, one of my closest friends, and he asked me what I planned on doing with all of that material. I didn’t really have an answer for him back then, but the more I thought about it, the more my idea for this project solidified and eventually took off. I bought myself a cheap camera, built a web page with help from Lanette, and here we are.

As for your second question, I didn’t really expect anything out of it, so it being the project it is is already unexpected in its own right. But what was very unexpected about it was how receptive the interviewees were to the project. At first I thought people wouldn’t react too nicely to the idea that their thoughts would be shared to anonymous people online, but instead I get a lot of trainers who are more than eager to answer my questions. It’s really true to what May said about how a lot of Hoenn is in its people—you can really feel the exuberance and excitement of the region from everyone who lives in it.

That’s an awesome backstory. And I’m sure you’re proud of how the project is now!

Oh, definitely. I said that I didn’t expect anything out of it, but what it is now is a real dream come true.

That’s great. Going back to your project’s history, (Q18) how long have you been working on your project? Do you have a sense of how long it might take you to finish?

Like I said, I started it a few weeks after I started my journey, which was...around a year and a half ago. Yeah, it’s been a while! I remember celebrating the anniversary by treating my Pokémon to a pricey restaurant in Lilycove. They sure enjoyed that, and I know that they’re already eager to know where we’ll eat once the second anniversary comes around!

As for how long it’ll take me to finish, I honestly have no idea. The ideal end would be after I’ve interviewed every single person I meet in Hoenn, but that’s hard to gauge seeing as some of the people I interview are visitors. The most realistic answer would be until I feel like it’s finished, which is subjective but I think is the best way to put it. Is that an okay answer?

That’s fair. It is your project, after all! Next question: (Q19) What do you think you’ve learned from your interview project? Is there anything you might do differently if you were going to start it over again?

It’s next to impossible for me to list everything I’ve learned from the project because I feel like I’ve learned something from each and every conversation I’ve had. But I guess one of the biggest things I’ve learned is just how unique every trainer is from each other. Every one of those trainers you battle, you see on TV, you fall in line with in the Pokémon Center, they all have so many stories behind them and so much personality defining them that you can write an entire novel for each of them. Knowing that there are so many stories out there that I’ve yet to hear is what keeps me going, and it’s what makes the project such a joy to continue.

As for what I’d do differently, I honestly can’t think of anything because I don’t think I’m in a place to have that kind of reflection yet! Yeah, it’s been a year and a half, but I feel like I’m still learning more about the project as much as its readers are, so I don’t think I can judge it in that level just yet! I would definitely have said something to that Team Aqua grunt about her lover, though...or, well, maybe not.

Hah, it would’ve been interesting to see how she would’ve reacted! Let’s switch it up a bit with this question: (Q20) If you wanted to introduce a newcomer to Hoenn, where would you take them or what would you show them? Would you want them to meet any of the people you’ve interviewed?

Oh, I think my answer to both questions would depend on the newcomer more than me! I’d interview the newcomer first and get to know them a bit more, and from there I’ll see where to take them and who to introduce them to! For a lot of them though, I’ll be introducing them to Wally, but that’s more for his sake than the newcomer’s—he doesn’t have an easy time meeting new people, so I make it a point to introduce him to as many of my interviewees as possible!

That’s cool of you to do. Say hi to Wally for me! And...that wraps it up! Thank you so much for answering all my questions!

Thank you for all the interesting questions to answer! It’s definitely been fun.

It’s been fun in my end, too! Best of luck with the project!

That was an awesome writing exercise. Again, thanks so much for the opportunity to do this! I don’t really know which other characters I can do this exercise with, but if I think of one I’ll definitely post again!

ChloboShoka

Writer
242.gif

Final Part of Matron Blissey's Interview
Heh, a doctor's bedside manner is just their style of relating to their patients. It's very hopefully not sexual.
;242;: I hope so!

Are you happy with your abilities as a nurse right now?
;242;: I've never been any happier with my abilities as a nurse. I never plan to retire. I can imagine myself working here for another hundred years.

Is there anything in particular you think you need to improve on, or areas you want to gain more experience with because they might be useful in the future?
;242;: I don't have a lot of experiance with treating human patients, other than training in midwivery and delivering in human babies. I don't really know that much in human nursing. Though I think my bad experiance with humans has made me less sympathetic towards them.

Looking back, what do you think you've learned from your clinical work thus far?
;242;: I think I've learned that it's in my nature as a blissey to help all the pokemon around me. I want to protect my collogues, patients and of course my daughter, Lavender. I've learned from my clinical work that I cannot create the fairy tale ending.

You mention that there are usually only a few different pokémon lines you see working as nurses (jigglypuff, audino, etc.). Do you think that these pokémon tend to have an edge over other species when it comes to practicing medicine?
;242;: Pokemon like my pokemon line, the jigglypuff line, the clefairy line and audino are clerics by nature. Nowadays pokemon from the chansey line are being used for battles nowadays other than working in the pokemon centre and it's opened oppurtunities for other pokemon to work in the hospital. They're natural clerics, which gives them a greatest edge than other pokemon when it comes to nursing. Because of their typing, they can also work in any ward they desire.

What do you see pokémon from other species bringing to the profession that those species perhaps couldn't?
;242;: More variety I think. I enjoy meeting other species and enjoy them using their skills and knowlege to heal patients quicker and more safer. For years we've had problems with shortages of staff but bringing other species in has appeared to solve the problem.

Who was your most difficult patient? What gave you the most trouble with them?
;242;: A patient from the Rocket clinic known simply as Bellsprout B I think. He was a terminally ill pokemon, but they tried to turn him into a lean green killing machine. I know the poor pokemon was going to die, but when their experiment was successful, I almost lost my life.

I've also had my fair share of other violent patients from very disturned patients. Too many to list, but Bellsprout B was the worst.

What are your opinions of medical TV shows?
;242;: I think they're a bit too slapstick and unrealistic for my liking, but I can see why other humans like it.

Do you think any of them come close to what it's actually like to work in a Pokémon Center, or do you not particularly mind a lack of realism? Any particular favorites?
;242;: Nowhere near! Most shows about pokemon centres only show the healing machine. The machine is brilliant, but it does cure every disease. The games and anime I have seen portray the pokemon centre as some sort of youth centre for trainers. They rarely show what happens when your pokemon get cancer or when they get fatally injured in battle.

Though I am quite found of House and Scrubs as fr as medical shows go. I consider them my guilty pleasure.

Thanks everyone. I had a great time. I might come back with another character.

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
FINALLY REPLYING

More responses from Naga The Divine Dragon of Fire Emblem:

Can you go into more detail about some of the ways you help people who come to you?

"Boons, rites, answering prayers as a proper deity would... Most are mundane, for plentiful harvests and such, but aiding in thwarting dark forces is decidedly not uncommon."

You mentioned there aren't many of your kind left--do you every interact with them, or is it pretty much just you? Do you ever get to know any mortals, or do they not last long enough for you to really develop a relationship with them?

"Tiki... slumbers too often for me to truly speak to her much..."

-sighs, shakes her head-

"As for the other Manaketes... They're scattered far and wide, but if they pray to me I can at least sometimes speak to them.Mortals I sometimes know breifly, but as you said, only briefly and not often... I cherish the ones I have known, though."

Is there much that surprises you, after millions of years? Do you see the same kinds of things happening over and over again, or does history stay fresh? Do you think the future will look much like the past?

"Some things never change, some change more than you can ever imagine; living as long as I have isn't quite as clear-cut in that regard as mortal beings think, though I cannot blame them."

"Though... I get the feeling my world's technology is advancng too slowly, but I have not seen another's to compare..."

(She's talkin' FE series Medieval Stasis here)

What exactly do you have to protect humanity from?

"Many threats that emerge over the millennia... Worst of all my fellow dragonkind with their minds consumed by madness... With them I always feel...

Who is "he?"

"...One of those ones long ago I failed to save."

(That translates to SPOOOOOILERS)

(And since last two interviews closed off their stories, I wil leave next question for Oth in-character: )

-Naga turns her head towards Oth-

"Oth, is it? You speak of such strange but fascinating creatures, and you're quite wondrous yourself... What are they? You seem like a good being, and if there's more like you in many shapes and sizes, it'd be wonderful to meet them."

Last edited:

Omegagoldfish

My will be done
[spoil]
Blake shook his head, confused. "How long has it been?"

"Merely a few minutes," the reporter said, reaching for its notepad.

"It felt like weeks. Ah, whatever. I guess that Gloom I took in caused some odd effects. Some pokémon can alter your perception of time, after all."

"Let's just return to your questions. I have another appointment soon."

"Proceed. I need to get back to my work."

"How did you make the transition from trainer to breeder? Were there any certifications you needed to get, information/supplies you needed to track down, or was it a simple matter of deciding one day that you wanted to switch professions?"
"After you earn your Trainer's Card, you can take a two month course on pokémon breeding. After that, you're given a license, and directions on where to go. It wasn't hard to track down what I needed, and I started breeding as a business venture, not a hobby."

"What's the most difficult aspect of the breeder business? Is there anything you find particularly annoying or tedious?"
"First things first, client expectations. I get a lot of new trainers saying they want some crazy hybrid, and when I tell them that's not how breeding works, they call me uninformed. In addition, the contract scares off a few others. Getting pokémon to breed is a pain, as for some reason, they won't do anything if you watch. Or if they think anyone is watching. The paperwork is a pain as well."

"Do you specialize at all in what kinds of pokémon you breed, or is it all based on the requests you get from clients? If the former, what in particular interests you about that particular kind(s) of pokémon? If not, do you enjoy working on commission, or would you rather be able to pursue the kinds of projects that interest you?"
"It's pretty much just requests. Breeding takes time, so it's not exactly something I can mess around with. At least, not with my current finances."

"If Goldenrod isn't a great place for you to work, why not move? If you could set up shop elsewhere, where do you think would be a good place and why?"

"Goldenrod's been quarantined, or something. Apparently some disease has been spreading there, and things are locked down. I tried to leave, but since I have pokémon, I am apparently put on hold. For a better place to try, I'd say Kalos. I could get into Furfrou grooming as well."

"Alright, that wraps up this session. As with all my clients, any questions for the others?"

"Naga? You said you've lived for millions of years. Do you ever get bored? How do you pass your time?"

[/spoil]

Praxiteles

Friendly POKéMON.
Wow, this thread looks like a lot of fun. I was tempted to use my stronger character for this, but I'm supposed to be developing the one who isn't as defined. I also can't resist going a little flamboyant with the interview style.

[SPOIL]It's HOENN BEAT, the intercity series for showing off new talent entering the Pokémon League! Today we're interviewing Atashka Kalen, a recent winner of the Stone Badge and contender for Wattson. Atashka is a 1X year old boy from Petalburg city who started his journey at the same time as his sister. Friendly and charming on first meeting, he has an unassuming way of talking about his talents and qualities that wins the heart. Atashka, here's to more victories on the tough League road!

Q: Atashka, we'd all love to get to know you. How would you introduce yourself to a stranger?

You mean talk about myself? Um... [We gave him some time to think about it.] I don't know, I'm not good at personality questions!

But if I was meeting someone for the first time, I like it when people have a good time, so we could play arcade to break the ice. I've never met anyone who doesn't like Head It, with the balls of yarn. Some people won't admit it though...

Q: Where do you live?

Oh, all over! These days I'm staying in Mauville with a friend of mine, Alia. She's so much fun! We're staying with my sister and my other best friend too, so it's not lonely. We're all trainers.

Q: What's your family like?

I have the coolest dad in the world. He traveled all the regions when he was younger because he got into sailing. Now he loves staying at home, making our house beautiful, organizing things in Petalburg, cooking, and opera. He even showed us an opera in Rustboro when we were really small once!

My sister Arauve is really talented at pokémon training. She's kind of stuck up though. And she never practices.

Oh, and I have an Uncle Briney who's a big friend of my dad's. You must have heard of him if you've been around Petalburg!

Q: Mr. Briney, the old man who never feared the sea, no matter how stormy! It must be incredible to know him so well. So Atashka, what do you want to do with your life? How does what you're doing now relate to that?

I just want to see Hoenn for now. I don't really have any goals in mind. I mean, beating the League is a good aim to do everything around, but I guess I don't have ambitions like my other friends do. Arauve keeps getting huge new ideas about pokémon training. She keeps forgetting them too, though.

I told my friend Riesa that I want to swim the ocean routes with everyone. So getting Surf is one of my priorities.

Q: Well, traveling is almost all that training is about, anyway! So what's your most unusual trait?

Huh. I think it must be that I make friends with girls more. The girls I'm best friends with are really tomboyish though... Sometimes I don't feel as close to other boys as I'd like to. I really want to be good friends with boys. There's a distant friend of mine who was living in Slateport, and he was really cool. He came from Petalburg too. You should interview him next. Shout out, Wally!

Q: We've definitely set our sights on him. What's a sure way to make you angry?

I don't want to sound too goody-two-shoes, but I hate it when someone tries to bully someone by... cutting off the answers they can give. You know what i mean, when you ask a question that's so rigged, there's no way you could even say anything. i wouldn't say it's a sure way, but definitely a pet peeve. I don't even like seeing it in television.

Q: What's your biggest accomplishment?

Putting up with my good for nothing starter pokémon, Treecko. [He has hearts in his eyes.]

Q: What decision do you most regret?

You should only regret when you let someone else down. Not that... Um. I think that's true about me, but it doesn't matter if anyone else has... let someone down. So anyway, I don't think I've done anything that I regret yet. I don't call Dad as much as I should, though...

Q: What do you think is the most important thing for other people to understand about you?

I've had so many experiences since I left home. It wasn't a rockstar ride, like some people say, but I've learned a lot about life. I think in any journey, it's the people around you that you'll remember after you're done. That's what I want other people to know about me.

Q: If you could change just one thing about yourself, what would it be?

Maybe I could be more upfront about what I want? I don't know, I'll get that as I go on my journey. I'm learning a lot.[/SPOIL]

Now, HOENN BEAT! has questions for some of the rockstar fictional characters lined up in the other interviews! This will be a rapid fire one character after the other, so get ready!

Question for omegagoldfish's Blake: I want to say I'm such a fan of your ingenuity and perseverance despite not coming from richness. Do you ever feel like living situations are unfair for you and the ones you're responsible for? Could one man ever make a huge impact on the world?

Question for Sike Saner's Oth: Is it easier to make friends with pokémon who are telepathic, who understand the intricacies of mind manipulation and perhaps the ethics around that a little bit more deeply? Also, are you closer to humans or pokémon?

Question for solovino's Inka: Queen Inka, your fame is so much that it spreads even to the human realm. We would have come with a tribute of elemental gems if we could. If there's one question we want to ask, it's whether the things you learned from your time with humans feed into your life now. Are there lessons in the strange games and traditions of humans that even a pokémon sovereign can use?

Question for Blackjack Gabbiani's Jirarudan: Jirarudan, you have spent so much of your life not in this time and age but flying abroad, in books, historical accounts, paintings and even restorations. Do you think your humanity and the humanity of all those different people can ever see eye to eye? For instance, the barbarism of the feudal lords in your own region, which feeds into the glory of their life stories. If you and they were to meet, what could you understand from each other?

Last edited:

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Praxiteles: Could you leave a question for Naga if you're planning on leaving some for everybody? Since I'm closing off her interview my next post since that's how it works, IIRC.

If you aren't leaving questions for everyone still outstanding, do you have a reason for leaving everyone else out? (Though for the record all you missed were DiamondPearl876, Grif4815 and myself, unless I missed someone with an unfinished interview on my end.)

Last edited:

Praxiteles

Friendly POKéMON.
I just left questions for a few random people I'd read that were on the last page. Sorry for writing 'all the characters' and then only asking a few, that was misleading. I thought it was only mandatory to ask questions to the last poster behind you. If you want I'll do yours, too, although, this is going so out of protocol it'll be bothersome to Negrek. Like, should I edit it into the last post? Should I be asking questions from everybody? Should I not??

Question for Naga: Have you ever met any mortal creatures who you can see as friends or equals? Is it hard making friends with people whose lifespan is much shorter than yours?

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
I just left questions for a few random people I'd read that were on the last page. Sorry for writing 'all the characters' and then only asking a few, that was misleading. I thought it was only mandatory to ask questions to the last poster behind you. If you want I'll do yours, too, although, this is going so out of protocol it'll be bothersome to Negrek. Like, should I edit it into the last post? Should I be asking questions from everybody? Should I not??

Ah, no, sorry, that first thing you mentioned about writing "all the characters" then asking a few was my misunderstanding there. If you're not comfortable screwing with what Negrek has set up (though I'm not quite sure how you would be, but if you feel you are I should acknowledge that) you don't HAVE to answer everyone you missed like I accidentally implied myself, and you honestly are free to just redact your question to Naga if you're more comfortable that way (I could probably answer it as part of Omegagoldfish's either way).

Venia Silente

[](int x){return x;}
Post #2

Yeah, I left this one rest for a while. Since the DST change in my country I've been having kinda sorta difficulties to adapt, though now that is subsiding. And @Sike Saner: thanks for the comment, she is one of the most developed characters of mine.

Anyway, returning to the interview...

For a couple of posts hours since you asked the Nidoqueen the questions -hey, it feels like days- she has been idling around, keeping an eye on you. At points some of the wild Pokémon around approach a bit and she converses with them in short growls and sounds of their own language.

Since you have been well received so far, however, you decide it would likely not go wrong if you resume the interview and dare to bring in a more personal (persomonal?) question. "I have some questions that come to my head," you begin, approaching her again, "and I would like to begin with family..."

Inka tilts her head at you, which you interpret as a means to express interest in your question. So you decide to continue. "How did you feel," you ask, "when you realized you were to have your first litter?"

The Nidoqueen seems to think this question over for a moment; she stares at the ground at times and rocks left and right for a moment, as if remembering old times of cradling. Finally she murmurs "scared."

She approaches a bit and now the two of you stand no more than a couple of steps from each other. "I did not know things... about my species' life," she explains, then shakes her head. "Seen and heard only, never lived. So we were scared... Émar and I spent days hidden while I tried to understand."

She resumes a more rigid posture after that. "Fear subsided when I started sensing the heartbeats and the wriggling, I knew had to learn and live. But for long time it was a surprise every morning."

You nod and take your notes, and for the next question decide to rest closer to a tree. You produce a patch of paper and indicate to the Nidoqueen that you are to bring a message for her. "Queen Inka," you begin as you explain what's in the manuscript, "the emmissary of HOENN BEAT! would come bearing a gift. They claim, and I quote,"

«Your fame is so much that it spreads even to the human realm.»

The Nidoqueen scoffs as you mention this, but as she sees your response to her gesture she raises a paw as if to apologize.

"I am to remind you that I come from the human realm," she explains as she circles around. "My trainer's fame began there, and it is from the foundations of that fame that I can build my own among the wild." But go on."

You nod and continue the reading. «We would come with a tribute of elemental gems if we could. If there is one question we want to ask, it's whether the things you learned from your time with humans feed into your life now. Are there lessons in the strange games and traditions of humans that even a Pokémon sovereign can use?»

You cease reading the document and return it to its bag. The Nidoqueen stares at you for long as if to confirm that's all there is to it.

"I see. Tribute is, admittedly, something we don't really delve into," Inka explains with a hint of uneasiness in her voice. "We don't deal with such things that often, unlike the Sovereigntiy past the mountains, where the Guardian Forces live. Much as I have learned some things about the value of coins and gifts between humans," she contines with a shake of her head, "I think for this I shall defer to the elders before me."

"And about the teaching and lessons?" you ask back.

Inka looks away for a moment and then walks in, moving from under one tree to the next as she leers back at you. "I am somewhat surprised that you humans ask that," she concedes. "Our lives and the lessons we learn from them, it seems they are not that different. Of course, some of them stick more than others..."

She motions for you to follow as wanders around from tree to tree, heading uphill. After checking the reaction of the Pokémon in the surroundings, you and them decie to follow.

"As a ruler," she comments with a voice that becomes drier and gruffer as she goes on, "some things I have experienced back with Trainer I have been careful to not let repeat. The first one was to have good followers."

"Followers as in...?" you ask, trying to get a reveal of how the concept applies to a Pokémon.

"I don't know if you are aware" she answers, her voice slightly mellowed, "of one important rule all official Starters are taught: care to instruct one of your early companions; for as you will be busy learning from your human and taking care of him," she explains while pointing her paw to your chest, "that 'first catch' will aid you in getting your new teammates used to the team and the experience of working for a human. So, dawn of day, I got myself a team," she concludes as she points out to her surroundings, prompting you to take notice of the certain Pokémon that brought you here and have been following you and watching you during this interview.

"I also learned that the main reason humans get hurt is because of their innocence. They think things are not their problem, so they do nothing but watch until it is too late for them to not get hurt."

Whatever your reaction might be to this statement about your species in general, she huffs at you and waves her paw as a gesture of disinterest. "You are you. We Pokémon are not like that, so I made sure to act and have the others follow me. The previous defenders were not effective enough, so I seized their power and took my people to their war." Her voice becomes heavy once again and she gives you a brief but notoriously threatening glare. "This day is nice for us to converse because since yesterday we fight the melody of death rather than waiting for our end."

And certainly it is. For you were informed, and she had mentioned before, that this land had been overrun with that threat for a good while, but under the rule of the Nidoqueen things seem to be returning to a certain degree of control... at who knows what costs.

With that reminder you nod to Inka and offer to continue with the interview further ahead, not before asking if she has a question to send to other interviewees.

(Of course, you had to first make sure she would understand the concept of an 'interviewee' and that you would be sending questions back and forth. As it turns out, she was able to readily relate the concepts to back when her Trainer would send mail or write messages on a screen for some colleagues of his. She was, of note, moderately baffled at the concept of an "interview show", as she explains during further conveniently off-screen conversation that interviews for the public were given on stands in front of a lot of people and cameras and various flashing devices, as she had seen human rulers and law enforcers doing before...)

"Ahem... well yes... then for, uhm... A-tashka? Atashka?" She awaits for your confirmation before proceeding. "I'm... well, surprised to hear of this starter Pokémon of yours being a good-for-nothing." She seems to struggle with the wording for a moment. "It is not my place to but as a former Starter myself, may I ask how long have you two been together and how long do you spend together each day? How, if you have, have you two communicated what does one expect from the other?"

Meta-wise, congratulations to the various members who have contributed in making this thread work, I really like how it is going. And I hope to be open to ask more questions to characters, depeding on how things go.

Sike Saner

Peace to the Mountain
Oth, is it? You speak of such strange but fascinating creatures, and you're quite wondrous yourself... What are they? You seem like a good being, and if there's more like you in many shapes and sizes, it'd be wonderful to meet them.

<They are simply the inhabitants of this world. There are hundreds upon hundreds of peoples, spread across every land and every sea. Many of them have little in common with one another, apart from a connection to fundamental elemental forces.

<There was once a species with almost no such connection at all. Collectively, they referred to the rest of the world's peoples, those naturally and consistently attuned to the elements, as pokémon. They themselves were called humans.>

(Sometimes, albeit not often, humans would present with types held over from some unknown, distant ancestor: psychic, fighting, or very rarely both.)

Is it easier to make friends with pokémon who are telepathic, who understand the intricacies of mind manipulation and perhaps the ethics around that a little bit more deeply? Also, are you closer to humans or pokémon?

<It tends to be easier, yes. Other telepaths are less frequently startled by voices they hear without hearing.

<I enjoyed the company of humans and pokémon equally, when both were still present to enjoy.>

And question #2 for Inka: If you found out you only had one day and one night left to live, what would you do?