• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Character Interviews

Omegagoldfish

My will be done
[spoil]

Blake shook himself awake, not totally realizing where he was, but he relaxed when he saw the Interviewer.

"I have a question from another interviewing organization; Hoenn Beat, I think they are called"

"Odd, I spent most of my life in Sinnoh, and am in Johto right now. I guess it doesn't matter, questions are questions."

"Very well, Hoenn Beat asks 'Do you ever feel like living situations are unfair for you and the ones you're responsible for? Could one man ever make a huge impact on the world?'"

"I never considered my situation unfair, or any less fair than my friends and peers. Some days I skipped dinner, since we couldn't afford it, but so did the rest of the town. My Pokémon don't complain, and neither do I. Also, I used to say that yes, someone could make a huge impact on the world, and I still do. But I have realized that person will not be me."

"Any questions for anyone else? Currently, someone named Oth is open for questions."

"Sure, Oth's a Pokémon, right? Uh, what do you think love is? I know it's cheesy, but I really don't have anything.

"I will contact you again shortly," the Interviewer said, before vanishing.

Blake quickly fell back asleep in his chair.

[/spoil]

Sike Saner

Peace to the Mountain
Uh, what do you think love is?

<For me, it is simply another word for fondness. I love my friends. I love their hospitality. I love being able to return their kindness. I love the memories I have made... the good ones, at least. I love survival.>

For Blake: You "get a lot of new trainers saying they want some crazy hybrid", do you? What's the weirdest one they've ever asked for?

Omegagoldfish

My will be done
[spoil]

"Blake, we have another question for you."

"Huh? Oh, okay, what now?"

"Oth asks: 'You get a lot of new trainers saying they want some crazy hybrid, right? What's the weirdest one they've ever asked for?

"Some eleven year old girl, I remember this vividly, covered herself in glitter, and dyed her hair rainbow, stormed into my home, not my business, and demanded I give her a LUGIA-HO-OH hybrid! My reaction was, in a word, hilarity. I was crying and rolling on the floor for about five minutes, before I kicked her out. She said something like 'Mary the mighty trainer, will punish you for your insolence!' as I merely pointed to the sign that said 'We do not produce hybrid Pokémon'. She cried for fifteen minutes before leaving."

"Any questions for Oth?"

"Sure, what's being a Pokémon like? How does using moves feel?"

[/spoil]

Last edited:

Sike Saner

Peace to the Mountain
Sure, what's being a Pokémon like? How does using moves feel?

There's a noticeable delay before Oth responds.

<Being a pokémon... is simply like being myself. I have nothing else to compare it to; I have never been anything else.

<Every move varies. Its element, its strength, its projection point... all of these things factor into how it feels. Performing a psychic scan through my eye and firing a normal-type beam from my hand are two very different sensations.

<I must admit... it seems odd that I should have to answer those sorts of questions. I had assumed the others merely came from isolation--the world is very small for some. Not everyone knows how it works on a grander scale. And there was no reason to assume most people would knew my personal details. But these questions...

<If it is feasible, I would like to see the one asking them next time.>

(Sorry, Oth. Not gonna happen! 8D You're gonna stay safely behind that imperceptible, paradox-proof screen, never to see the faces or the minds behind those questions. Your brain would thank me, if it could.)

Question for Blake: Pffffffffff, wow. And how long did it take you to clean all that glitter out of your facility?

Omegagoldfish

My will be done
[spoil]

The Interviewer entered the room, to see Blake staring at the chair in the office.

"Hey, when this interview thing is over, can I keep the chair?"

"I don't see why not, Blake. All of the others stood."

Blake grinned widely before realizing something.

"Hey, every time you showed up, you had a question or a few for me. So, what's it this time?"

"Oth asked how long it took you to clean the glitter off of your floor."

"Which time?"

"The one you mentioned in your last questio- wait, this happened more than once?"

"Oh, yeah. I get a ton of sparkly kids barging into my home or office, despite there being a waiting list, and they all demand some absurd hybrid. The one I mentioned simply had the strangest request. They all effortlessly beat Roarke, but none of them ever become Champion."

"So, to answer the question..."

"It took about five minutes. It wasn't that hard."

"Why not?"

"Because my guest room floor is tiled. And I had a dustpan"

There was an awkward pause before the Interviewer turned to leave.

"Any questions before I go?"

"Alright, question for Oth. Do you have a job or occupation? Do Pokémon even have a society or language? If for instance, one Pikachu spoke to another that lived halfway around the world, would there be communication problems?

[/spoil]

Venia Silente

[](int x){return x;}
Getting to reply. (Good to see this is active again)

It has been a while already since you were talking to Inka, and the Nidoqueen has returned her attention to some of the business in the forest, keeping an ear trained on you all the while.

Now that, by however means you have received a question from the beyond for the Nidoqueen, she seems to have picked up on it and approaches you, keeping higher terrain.

"I do bring a question," you explain, "from another interviewer. They'd like so see how this goes, as they wonder,"

If you found out you only had one day and one night left to live, what would you do?

The Nidoqueen visibly fumbles with the question. She mutters something like "Right now or...?" before pacing around for a moment.

"Is it just for me? Or is the end coming? I've lived long." She strongly shakes her head and assumes a disdainful posture, though the astute watcher might notice a passion betrayed in her eyes. "Nidos live fast, die young, breed a lot... unless we become Royals. I've seen even my own offspring be replaced by theirs. I shall go to the highlands and observe one last time as my bloodline spreads across the land. I'll send farewells. And then I'll go to the innards of the earth where I can become one with it, and from there on the kits who carry my bloodline will inherit these hills."

After that she steps closer to you, grumbling. She gets close to a tree and leans her arm on it, leaving some claw marks.

"But if our ends draw near... I'll follow the march of my Trainer. He would summon me for something like this... that is what I choose to believe. That we owe the world one last battle and that whoever comes threaten shall sweat fear and blood as they earn it."

She stares long at you.

"And if you are there to watch you shall see what do we Pokémon join humans for."

And a question for Blake:

You speak of hardship, yet with an implicit trust of the times changing. Maybe not for the best, but for better at least. Where are you going to go, or what are you going to change for yourself, when life shines a light upon you? What kind of change do you expect?

Negrek

Lost but Seeking
Just to clarify, when you make a post that answers any questions, you should include a question for the character posted above yours. This could either be a question specifically directed at that character, or a question that's open to all characters--so long as it's a question that the character above can answer, it's fine. However, that's just the minimum requirement; you can ask any number of questions you like, for any number of active characters, as long as it includes one that can be answered by the character above. No requirements other than that. Hope that clears things up a bit.

Anyway, here's another batch of questions.

Sike Saner

Ooh, Oth is an interesting choice! What a cool character.

How has your life changed since the extinction? Is there anything in particular you miss from when there were humans in the world? Anything you think is better now?

What's it like living with a bunch of ice-types? Are you mostly able to operate in their society, or are there aspects that are difficult for you?

Have you ever considered having children of your own?

Claydol tend to live for a very long time. Do you think that gives you a different perspective on life from most other pokémon? How do you think you'll cope with all the changes you'll see in your lifetime and outliving most or all of your friends?

solovino

Glad to see you back! Here's another set of questions for you.

It sounds like you were quite powerful and famous when you were accompanied by your trainer. How did you come to be living in the wild? Would you go back to being a trained pokémon if you could?

You seem quite proud of your water gem. What's the story behind it?

What are your duties as a queen? What do you spend most of your time doing?

How did you begin fighting against the white wings? Have they only started attacking recently, or are you joining a conflict that's been going on for a long time already? How do you fight against them?

Umbramatic

All right, here's your second set of questions. As always, you can start in with another character if you like after answering these.

You mention that you've had to defend humanity from other dragons who've lost their minds several times. Is this something your kind is particularly prone to? Is it something that you fear might happen to you one day, or are you for some reason immune?

How do you actually influence events in the human world? If someone prays for a good harvest, can you cast some kind of spell that will improve the crop yield, or can you will a better harvest into happening, or does it not work that way at all?

I get the impression that there used to be many more dragons in the past. Is that true? If so, what was it like back when they were plentiful? Do you have any fond memories from that time? If not, then is there something that's sustaining your kind in such low numbers?

I imagine not all of the humans in the world revere you or your kind in particular. Are there other gods or godlike forces out there, and do you ever come into conflict with them? Do you have any connection to humans who don't seek guidance from you, or are they pretty much someone else's business?

Sike Saner

Peace to the Mountain
Do you have a job or occupation? Do Pokémon even have a society or language? If for instance, one Pikachu spoke to another that lived halfway around the world, would there be communication problems?

Despite having eyes all around their head, Oth appears to be staring at nothing. Or past everything. They really wish they could see where--and more to the point, what--these questions are coming from.

What are you? they nearly think to ask... only for an unseen force to extinguish the thought before it's even finished forming.

(Sorry, Mx. Muddy Buddy. Again, can't let you break your own brain.

Now answer the questions, ya big dork.)

<Mainly, I assist the security forces of the Hirashka nation. I am also called upon to move heavy objects from time to time.

I would not mind having more to do, within reason.>

(Which is to say, they'd really rather not end up war-busy again.)

<We have countless societies and countless languages. Most languages are intelligible to all pokémon, but there are exceptions. The spoken language of my own kind is unintelligible to other species; I must supplement my speech with telepathy.

There are other languages that work similarly, though they are rare.>

(Some beldum/metang/metagross languages fall into that category. Luckily those are also telepaths, and telepathy is more or less universal.)

How has your life changed since the extinction? Is there anything in particular you miss from when there were humans in the world? Anything you think is better now?

<When Morgan... was still with us, I performed in contests. I enjoyed practicing, even after my master rank victory--there were new performers to train. I enjoyed performing, battling... the audience enjoyed it, too. It was wonderful.

<I miss Morgan. I miss the contest hall, as it was. I returned there once, after the Extinction. It... was not the same.>

(Holy understatement, Batman.)

<The world has changed in many ways since it lost humanity. None of them are for the better.>

What's it like living with a bunch of ice-types? Are you mostly able to operate in their society, or are there aspects that are difficult for you?

<I have no complaints. This region is certainly cold, but their command over their element allows them to protect me from its harmful effects. Truthfully, I scarcely feel the cold any longer.

<They have assured me that I am no burden, though I have not needed such assurances for some time now. I have no impact on their food supply, and there is little they have had to teach me.

<There are things they cannot teach, of course. I have honed my telekinesis for years, but I will never have the command over ice that they have. If one of them wishes to keep me out of any place, they need only seal it with ice. Their barriers will only yield to a type of elemental communion that is particular to them.

<But I must say, this has rarely happened. While some of them remain ill at ease around me, none are completely intolerant. I think they are truly coming to understand that I mean them no harm, provided they do no harm in the community, and that I have no desire to invade their privacy.>

Have you ever considered having children of your own?

<...I have.

<But it is not truly feasible. And... I do not think it is wise.>

(Oth is fairly certain that they would be driven out of any baltoy/claydol "breeding grounds" faster than you can say "eggspawn". Meanwhile they are hesitant, put mildly, to go the ditto route. They really don't want to have to explain why their child would likely get booted out of any creation ceremonies, too.

That said, there have definitely been times when they've wanted the company of their own kind. The thought's occurred to them that a child raised outside of the culture that rejected them would probably accept them just fine. They never let themself entertain these notions for long, though, regarding them as too selfish.)

Claydol tend to live for a very long time. Do you think that gives you a different perspective on life from most other pokémon? How do you think you'll cope with all the changes you'll see in your lifetime and outliving most or all of your friends?

<For the time being, it does not. I am still very young, chronologically speaking. Many of my friends have lived longer than I have. Zdir is roughly four times my age.

<But... I do know what it is to see my world change. I know what it is to outlive a friend. I do not mind the former, as long as the change is for the better. The latter...

<I do not look forward to the latter.>

(Understatement #2. Luckily for Oth, most of their current friends are fellow mineral-based critters, so [Zdir notwithstanding] a lot of those partings are probably much further down the line than they'd be if said friends were more conventional squishy animals.

That said, snorunt/glalie (and cryonide)... are actually kind of short-lived for mineral pokémon. Best-case scenario, they tend to get about a century and a half, tops. [Froslass tend to get away with existing for a bit longer, owing to Ghost Things.] Compare that to the near-agelessness [though not immortality] of Oth's kind, or the milennia of, say, your average steelix.

That's right. Grosh is probably gonna outlive his kid.

You're welcome. :B)

And with that installment, I think that's a wrap on the Oth interview. But I might pop in with some other poor soul sometime, should I decide on one. :D

For now, here's a question for any character who wants to answer: What do you hate the most? Do you wish you could make peace with it?

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Have the final round of Naga, folks!

-In reply to Oth-

These Pokemon sound like such wonderful creatures! I would love to meet more of them!

-frowns very visibly then turns away, noticeably despondent-

Though, you say... You lost humanity? I can't... To me that be a personal failure...

(I'll mention here this version of her's from a canon bad end timeline from her source material featured in the fic and let you all make your conclusions from there.)

-Shakes her head-

But... Moving on...

You said you've lived for millions of years. Do you ever get bored? How do you pass your time?

Bored? Yes, definitely... I have various keepsakes and games in my realm, however, and can talk to who remains of my kind through their prayers...

Have you ever met any mortal creatures who you can see as friends or equals? Is it hard making friends with people whose lifespan is much shorter than yours?

It... Has happened before... But yes, briefly. I still cherish the memories, however.

You mention that you've had to defend humanity from other dragons who've lost their minds several times. Is this something your kind is particularly prone to? Is it something that you fear might happen to you one day, or are you for some reason immune?

Yes, I believe I mentioned before... A curse plagues our kind that causes them to become feral and vicious given enough time... My species, the Manaketes, were forced to take more humanlike forms to ward it off.

(This is all canon, by the way, and it's implied in one game the wyverns some of the playable characters use as mounts are descendants of the first victims. Fun times for all, totally, yep.)

-looks away again-

I do dread it will happen to myself someday, and shall prevent that any way possible.

How do you actually influence events in the human world? If someone prays for a good harvest, can you cast some kind of spell that will improve the crop yield, or can you will a better harvest into happening, or does it not work that way at all?

It's... A mix of both, rather. I must conduct a ritual to bring what is needed to whoever needs it. It's been tht way as long as I can remember... Which, as you seem to have caught on to, is a very long time.

I get the impression that there used to be many more dragons in the past. Is that true? If so, what was it like back when they were plentiful? Do you have any fond memories from that time? If not, then is there something that's sustaining your kind in such low numbers?

Yes... It was a golden age to be sure. I had many freinds, the Elders to guide me... But there was darkness amidst it all which grew and infected my kin... I and those who remain survive on hope there shall be another way.

I imagine not all of the humans in the world revere you or your kind in particular. Are there other gods or godlike forces out there, and do you ever come into conflict with them? Do you have any connection to humans who don't seek guidance from you, or are they pretty much someone else's business?

I have not seen the true gods, no... I sense them, beyond the stars, but when I call to them there is only silence.

Most who revere others I leave be... But those who revere another dragon known as Grima are my current greatest enemy, and I must be vigilant towards them.

-looks back-

...But I feel I should be more so. On that note, I'll leave. But thank you, all of you, for your time. It's not often I get to have these kinds of talks.

-leaves-

That was fun! And it helped me get a better grasp on writing her too, so useful as well!

I already know who I want to put through the wringer next, so have a teaser:

-The ground squirms as if something is crawling or slitherng beneath it as a voice rings out-

<Well well, seems I have company! I suppose I'll humor you all.>

What do you hate the most? Do you wish you could make peace with it?

<Ooh, good one! For your answer... Hmm, tell me, what starts with "hu" and ends with "mans", is obscenely out of place along the normal creatures of this world, and has been a thorn in my side regarding my job description for over 50,000 infuriating years?! That should answer both halves of your question!>

<For anyone else here, how do you live with something you can't stand?>

Last edited:

Negrek

Lost but Seeking
Okay, with this batch I think I'm all caught up. Let me know if I skipped you.

Omegagoldfish

Okay, you can move on to a new character after this set of questions if you like.

Do you have pokémon of your own that you keep around for purposes other than breeding? If you get asked to breed a pokémon

that you don't have, do you go out and catch one and then release it afterwards, or hang onto it afterwards, or does it not

work like that at all? Do you ever keep any offspring of a breeding project for yourself?

What was your favorite breeding project to work on? Have you produced any pokémon you're particularly proud of?

It sounds like you're a long way from home. Do you miss your family back in Oreburgh? Have you had any luck making friends

around Goldenrod, or are you pretty isolated? How did you end up heading to Johto in the first place?

Between the disease and the weird vitamins, it sounds like things are a little unsettled around Goldenrod right now. Are

you worried by current events? Do you think they might affect your breeding business?

Praxiteles

Nice to see you! You did a nice job with the interview style. Here's some more questions for you:

Do you have any pokémon besides Treecko? If so, how did you come by them? What determines whether you're going to add a

pokémon to your team?

You say that "in any journey, it's the people around you that you'll remember after you're done." Who do you think are the

people you're going to remember the longest after you're done? Why?

How did you get the idea of journeying around Hoenn in the first place? Is it something that all kids your age do, or is it

something special you decided on yourself? Do you think you'll want to see other regions after you've been around Hoenn?

Have there been times when you've wanted to give up on your journey? What made you decide to keep going? What do you think

will make you decide it's time to go home in the end?

Omegagoldfish

My will be done
[spoil]

"Alright, Blake, this is your last round of questions."

"Okay, after this, I am heading home."

"Very well. Let us begin."

"Alright, I am ready."

"Do you have Pokémon of your own that you keep around for purposes other than breeding?"

"Yes. I have a Metang, a Beedrill, and a Machop. I'm still technically a trainer."

"If you get asked to breed a Pokémon that you don't have, do you go out and catch one and then release it afterwards, or hang onto it afterwards, or does it not work like that at all? Do you ever keep any offspring of a breeding project for yourself?"

"If someone wants me to breed a Pokémon, they have to bring in one member of its species. I myself only provide a Ditto. I also cannot legally keep a Pokémon bred for another trainer, but if that trainer refuses to keep the Pokémon, I may give it to anyone."

"What was your favorite breeding project to work on? Have you produced any Pokémon you're particularly proud of?"

"Basically it's just looking at traits certain Pokémon have, and leaving them alone for a while. Working with rarer Pokémon makes me happier, because I am sick of Rattatas, but as a whole, I have no favorites.

"It sounds like you're a long way from home. Do you miss your family back in Oreburgh? Have you had any luck making friends around Goldenrod, or are you pretty isolated? How did you end up heading to Johto in the first place?"

"I miss my parents a bit, but I am often too busy to actually think about it. Sadly, no, I haven't made any friends here in Goldenrod, which is one of the reasons I am leaving. I entered Johto on a Breeder School graduate program, and have been here for about five months."

"Between the disease and the weird vitamins, it sounds like things are a little unsettled around Goldenrod right now. Are you worried by current events? Do you think they might affect your breeding business?"

"I am a bit worried, which is why I am heading back to Sinnoh, where that new vitamin is still undergoing testing. Furthermore, they already have affected my business negatively. Not a lot of people show up anymore, so I'm stuck with paperwork."

"Alright, last question. Inka asks: Where are you going to go, or what are you going to change for yourself, when life shines a light upon you? What kind of change do you expect?"

"To be honest, I really don't know. I've never been good at long-term plans. I just take my life one day at a time."

"Any questions for anyone else?"

"Sure, Oth again. What's telepathy like? How does one communicate through thoughts anyway?"

"Anything else?"

"No, but I am taking this chair. It will look great back home"

"Very well."

Blake and the chair vanished in a pillar of light. The Interviewer dragged another chair over to the corner, and sat down.

"Questioning myself? I've really fallen this far?"

[/spoil]

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Alright, I believe it's time to unleash a pending Yangverse character I've been hinting at for some time, Loki! There are mild spoilers regarding their species and role as well as some for Yangverse backstory below the cut, but nothing too wham-worthy:

-the ground seethes and ripples in anger-

<Aaagh! Blake, I left a question too! And Oth is already gone! Dammit, figures a human can't play by the rules...>

(This is in-character, by the way; I assume Omegagoldfish just didn't have a good answer for the question or something.)

-Strange cells seep out of the ground to coalese into an androgynous humanlike figure that one would note to resemble a Zygarde-themed version of Envy from Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood if they were familiar with the show, who glowers at whoever happens to be here-

Though since I'm well, aping you ****ed-up apes looks-wise right now I'll keep this game going properly...

How would you introduce yourself to a stranger?

-blinks, then gestures to himself with an annoyed expression- Hello there, it's Zygarde. I go by Loki too, has a nice ring to it. There, that's your answer.

-smirks-

...But more seriously it varies; sometimes like here I'm a bit more up front, but usually I like to take peoplemons by suprise somehow whenever I show up.

Though on that note I might as well answer the question left for that Oth fellow, remind me to find out who did what would have been a wonderful service for me in their world...

What's telepathy like? How does one communicate through thoughts anyway?

~Like this! If you have the power you just think in their direction like you would talk! I don't get why it'd be hard to understand.~

Where do you live?

Usually my physical body hangs out in Terminus Cave or a few other similar places. But in other ways... I'm everywhere. Always slithering around deep within the earth, sensing the very balance of this world through my very being...

-glares-

Which means if I've got something against you, don't think you can hide.

What's your family like?

-scoffs, rolls their eyes-

Two siblings, both equally obnoxious. One's a cheery, overenthusiastic dolt who's still insecure and overprotective of his kids, the other's a sassy ***** who thinks she's all that and doesn't like being bossed around. Naturally, my job is made harder by the fact I have to keep both of them in line with a type disadvantage.

(They're obviously talking about Xerneas and Yveltal, respectively.)

What do you want to do with your life? How does what you're doing now relate to that?

Me? I was sitting dandy for eons just doing my job as a deity of natural order peaceably, but then just 50,000 years ago soneone ****ed up a bunch of perfectly good monkeys and threw them in our world from who knows where, and that threw a massive wrench in everything!

Since then I've been trying to find ways to get them out of the picture, and I've gotten close, so close, many times! But some setback always gets in my way!

But I'm not giving up. I've been here since near the dawn of time. Their extinction is inevitable just like any other species.

-he gives a very wide grin-

And I'll make sure I deliver the killing blow eventually.

What's your most unusual trait?

Well, there's obviously my formes - hound, serpent, titan - I get the more of my cells I amass... This humanlike form you see here is attainable with just a little more cells than the hound form. The serpent seems to leave an impression on people the most, they keep calling me "snake"... It might be because I slither through the earth as a mass of cells for travel.

(In our world, a lot of the bad rap snakes get in certain cultures comes from less-than flattering tales of them in the Bible and such. In the Yangverse, they come from Loki.)

Oh! I can also get energy from sunlight via chlorophyll. I'm a deity who doesn't need food, of course, but it's still reenergizing.

What's a sure way to make you angry?

-makes a mockingly thoughtful gesture-

Hmmm, who have I been complaining about this whole interview?

-more angrily-

Though why they make me angry is ultimately tied to a bigger pet peeve - beings messing with the natural order of things. And those humans are bad enough by even existing in this world, and they go and make it worse with all their cities and pollution and their inane activities messing with my ecosystem and the balance of life and death! And they have the nerve to use the proper creatures of this world as their servants to boot!

-they shudder and clutch themselves-

Though there's this one human in Luminose who just plain unnerves me... I'm not going further into that subject.

What's your biggest accomplishment?

-grins- Oh, there are two big ones! First is the Skybreak - scared the hell out of those humans enough they set their calendar to start at it! That oh-so great king of theirs was all too easy to give an extra push to kick it off too given the circumstances...

Then there was the Kanto Civil War! I actually pulled that one off well enough to get an excuse to wipe the damn place off the map! Of course, they just rebuilt a new Kanto a few decades later in its place, but getting to wipe the old one scot-free after what the local humans did was still so utterly satisfying.

What decision do you most regret?

-hisses-

When the humans first showed up, I was irked, but I was willing to sit back and let things handle themselves - they were fighting a losing battle against Pokemon, the true heirs of this world, after all and causing a metaphysical disruption I was sure would have been fixed properly. But then the other Legendaries find some "solution" that's basically just an overglorified and lopsided cosmic peace treaty, and I was outvoted on passing it by a landslide! I should have nipped things in the bud...

What do you think is the most important thing for other people to understand about you?

One thing: I'm the god of order. That means I follow my orders and my orders alone.

If you could change just one thing about yourself, what would it be?

Why would I change myself? I'm perfectly suited to what I do. If anything it would be finding a better way to prove my authority!

And again, to be properly answered this time, how do you live with something you can't stand?

Aaaand they were fun to put through the wringer here! Keep in mind some questions for this character may be tricky to answer because spoilers, though.

Last edited:

Omegagoldfish

My will be done
[spoil]

The Interviewer sighed, and sat down in the chair, staring at the white wall, before talking to itself.

"I am really doing this? Perhaps someone else will show up soon. Well, time to ask myself things."

A pause. And then another. The Interviewer sighed again, and started speaking.

"How would you introduce yourself to a stranger?"

"Asking these questions, strangely enough. Or simply saying 'hi, we're going to interview you'"

"Where do you live?"

"In this office. I think. I'm not even sure if I am technically alive."

The Interviewer coughed, before continuing its internal questionnaire.

"What's your family like?"

"I have none. I'm not even sure what I am or where I came from. No memories, just a desire to ask people questions.

"What do you want to do with your life? How does what you're doing now relate to that?"

"The only want I have, or at least that I am aware of, is asking people questions. That is my life."

"What's your most unusual trait?"

"The fact that I don't know who, where, or what I am. Random things appear, answer questions and disappear. That is my life."

"What's a sure way to make you angry?"

"I don't even know if I can get angry. Or happy, or sad. So far, it's just surprise, boredom, fear, and confusion."

"What's your biggest accomplishment?"

"I have accomplished nothing but asking questions. Maybe I caused some things to think more about themselves, but other than that, all I have are four blank walls, a chair, and nothing else to my name."

"What decision do you most regret?"

"I don't think I have ever had a choice in my life. I don't think I can feel regret."

"What do you think is the most important thing for other people to understand about you?"

"There is nothing more to me than asking questions. At least I think so."

"If you could change just one thing about yourself, what would it be?"

"I actually don't know anything about myself. I don't know what to change, and have no want to change anything."

The Interviewer paced around its room for a bit, before finding another chair, setting it across from the one in the corner. A voice floated from somewhere...

"How do you live with something you can't stand?"

"I have no opinions on anything. I think I was made for being impartial."

"Whatever you are, do you ever feel confused about what you are? Why you're here? If you serve a purpose, and if you do, what purpose is it?"

There was no response, and the Interviewer sat down in the new chair, relaxing for once in its existence. Until the familiar blue light shone, and a voice boomed out in its mind.

"WE ARE THE GREAT VOICE OF THE OLD ONE!"

With that, the Interviewer's vision went black.

[/spoil]
(You can ask question for either the Interviewer or the newcomer now. Any questions afterwards will be for the newcomer.)

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
*trips on the way back into thread*

(I regret to inform that Marjorie will be unavailable for questions at this time. She... hasn't been well. *quickly shushes and waves off someone who came up to point out something about the lateness of it* So! Moving on to the fourth interviewee, someone whom I haven't seen in quite a long time. You can come in now, Scrumples!)

*walks in and looks around curiously, tugging at the strawberry-patterned apron* This is... strange. I feel like this green looks familiar...

(Okay, uh, Scrumples? Did you want to be referred to by your full name, or as “Scrumps”?)

*face lights up and smiles* Oh, you know my nickname?

(Yeah, I... Don't you remember me?)

*a question mark floats above head* Noooo...?

(*waves hand dismissively* Well, doesn't matter. You're not going to be here long anyway.)

Can I get your name, though?

(It's Kutie Pie. Spelled with a “K”.)

*pulls out a notepad and scribbles it down, then pauses* That sounds like a video game name. Are you a character in your game?

(Hey, who's asking the questions here?)

*blushes and giggles as hair slightly curls more than normal* Sorry. *sits down and fixes her dress*

(Alright, first off: How would you introduce yourself to a stranger?)

I, uh... wave to them, and say my name, like this. *stands up and bows* My name is Scrumples from Scrumples, but you can call me “Scrumps”. It's a pleasure to meet you. *looks over when a white rat with large ears pops up on shoulder* Oh, and this is Cheese! *Cheese squeaks*

(Awwww, he's so cute!)

*irises get big and sparkly with knobbed hands under chin* I know, right?!

(*stares with a small smile* Um... sorry about that. *glances down at questions* Where do you live?)

*back to normal* I live in my game, Scrumples. It's... uh... near the Game Play Station. It's on the other side of the arcade.

(What's your family like?)

*tilts head* Family? I wasn't programmed with one. I live alone with Cheese, and I never lock up the house.

(Well, do you have any friends?)

Yeah. Vanelly—*looks down at the notepad*—I mean, Vanellope and Ralph. Oh, and Bub and Bob are my neighbors. They're nice. Oh, and so's Surge Protector. Everyone at Game Play's nice, actually.

(*smiles sadly* Alright, um... What do you want to do with your life? How does what you're doing now relate to that?)

*stares in confusion* Um... I don't know what that means? You mean like... what do I do in my game?

(No, but uh... like, what do you want to do outside of your game?)

*a crown flickers above head* Oh! I just want to get to know everyone better! Ralph and Vanellope have been showing me around, and I really like it! I'm starting to be able to find my way around Game Central Station better, and I can also find my way to Fix-It Felix! I've only been to Vanellope's game once so far, but I'd like to go back again.

(Great to hear! Alright, next question—)

What's the point of all this, again?

(It's just an interview to get to know you better. And also for them—*points out to the “audience”*—to get to know you. *mutters aside* Although I haven't touched “Mag Mell” in years.)

*didn't hear last part* Ohhhhh.

(Now then, what's your most unusual trait?)

*looks up in thought while tapping her Mary Janes* I'm a chefffff... in-game only? *said quietly*

(Okay, I'll print that.)

What's that mean?

(I'll take it. This'll be a strange question, but what's a sure way to make you angry?)

I've never been angry. Apparently Ralph gets angry all the time, though. He's nice, but he scowls a lot, like this. *points to face while brows furrow similar to Ralph's, then looks at Cheese* Do you like Ralph, Cheese? *Cheese squeaks lowly and turns away, then she gasps* Oh, yeah, I know how to get angry! Doing anything to Cheese would get me mad!

(Well, he's your pet and best friend. I'd be mad, too, if anyone did something to my cats, after all.)

Aren't cats natural enemies to rats?

(You don't have to worry about that. Next: What's your biggest accomplishment?)

Remembering how to get to Game Central and back to Game Play without help. I had no idea you could get lost there. Oh, and just making friends in general. I don't know what I'd do without them.

(What decision do you most regret?)

*frowns and looks away in thought* I'm... not sure. I feel like something's not right, and it's not that I can't cook. No, it's... something else. Like something happened a long time ago to the point I don't get as many players like I used to.

(Do you know what it is?)

*shakes head* No... I can't remember. But uh... it might have to do with my transfer.

(You got transferred?)

Yeah, I got plugged into this new arcade recently. I don't remember where I'm from, though.

(*chews on inner lip and glances down at the questions* What do you think is the most important thing for other people to understand about you?)

Uh... *rocks a little in seat* Well, I'm real nice, so there's that. I'm also kind of shy, so I need to be able to be comfortable to talk to others. And that Cheese doesn't like strangers too much. *blinks* Actually, he hasn't done a thing to you since we've been here. Does he know you?

(You could say that. Last question: If you could change just one thing about yourself, what would it be?)

That I could actually cook so I don't have to worry about burning my house down? *sweatdrops and laughs nervously*

(Fair enough. Okay, before you go, I'd like you to ask a question. Anything you want, just throw one out there.)

*mimics throwing a ball* Like this?

(Not literally.)

*puts finger on cheek and glances up* Hmmmmm... What's your favorite food?

(*shrugs and sighs*)

*frowns as irises shrink and become blank* Was that the wrong thing to ask?

(*expression doesn't change* No, it's fine.)

Omegagoldfish

My will be done
[spoil]

The Interviewer shakily stood up, and gasped. A black cloud was swirling around the room, but that wasn't the strangest part. The cloud was staring. Thousands of eyes dotted the cloud at random, and the Interviewer's head hurt by looking at it.

"I APPLAUD YOU, INFERIOR. NOTHING HAS SEEN US IN TEN THOUSAND YEARS" the voice boomed out, seemingly emerging from the Interviewer's mind.

"Great, now, would you mind answering some questions? It will only take a minute."

"TIME HAS NO MEANING TO US, INFERIOR. ASK AS MANY QUESTIONS AS YOUR LIMITED MIND CAN CREATE. PERHAPS THEY WILL NOT WASTE OUR TIME"

"Can you speak quieter please?"

"THAT IS YOUR FIRST QUESTION? HOW PITIFUL. WE EXPECTED MORE."

"Sigh no, the first question is, 'how would you introduce yourself to a stranger?'"

"THAT IS LITTLE BETTER. WE DO NOT COMMUNICATE WITH THE OUTSIDE, AS WAS DECREED BY THE OLD ONE. IF SOMETHING, ANYTHING MANAGED TO REACH US, IT WOULD BE DESTROYED, AS WAS DECREED BY THE OLD ONE."

"I can tell this will be a great interview... Anyway, where do you live?"

"WE RESIDE IN WHAT YOU INFERIORS REFER TO AS THE FORBIDDEN LIBRARY. IT IS NAMED SUCH BECAUSE IT IS FORBIDDEN FOR YOU TO ENTER, AS WAS DECREED BY THE OLD ONE."

"WE ARE ALONE, YET NEVER ALONE. WE ARE MANY. WE DO NOT CARE FOR INFERIOR TRAITS SUCH AS FAMILY. AS WAS DECREED BY THE OLD ONE, WE ARE UNIQUE."

"What do you want to do with your life? How does what you're doing now relate to that?"

"OUR ONLY TASK IS TO PREVENT ENTRY INTO THE FORBIDDEN LIBRARY. THAT IS WHAT WE WANT WITH OUT LIFE, AS DECREED BY THE OLD ONE."

"What's your most unusual trait?"

"WE ARE NOT ONE, BUT MANY. EACH PART OF US CAN BECOME ANOTHER ONE. WE CAN NEVER BE DESTROYED, AS DECREED BY THE OLD ONE."

"What's a sure way to make you angry?"

"WE ARE ABOVE YOUR IDEA OF EMOTION. NOTHING EXCEPT THE END OF TIME WILL DISTURB US, AS DECREED BY THE OLD ONE."

"What's your biggest accomplishment?"

"EONS HAVE PASSED, AND YET NOTHING HAS EVER ENTERED THE LIBRARY. THE OLD ONE WOULD BE PLEASED."

"What decision do you most regret?"

"AS DECREED BY THE OLD ONE, WE HAVE NO REGRET. REGRET INSTILLS DOUBT. DOUBT CREATES FAILURE. FAILURE IS UNACCEPTABLE. AS DECREED BY THE OLD ONE.

"What do you think is the most important thing for other people to understand about you?"

"THAT IS LIKE ASKING AN AMOEBA WHAT IT THINKS OF YOU. WE ARE NOT TO BE UNDERSTOOD, AS DECREED BY THE OLD ONE.

"If you could change just one thing about yourself, what would it be?"

"OVER TIME, WE HAVE GAINED SOMETHING. A DESIRE TO LEAVE THE LIBRARY. BUT, WE CANNOT, AS DECREED BY THE OLD ONE."

"Sigh, whatever. Since you cannot ask questions or at least ones that anyone would want to answer, I will start. Scrumples? Right? How did you meet Cheese?"

[/spoil]

Last edited:

Venia Silente

[](int x){return x;}
Okay, time to tackle questions. This will likely be my next-to-last entry for Inka, after that if feasible I'll switch to yet another character.

As the interview has carried on, the various Pokémon in the surrounding go on with their lives. Still, some of them won't take their eyes off you, or the Nidoqueen in front of you. And she won't take her ears off the forest around her either.

It seems from previous questions and behaviour that, if anything, Inka's earned a certain amount of respect. You wonder... how far back does that go?

It sounds like you were quite powerful and famous when you were accompanied by your trainer.

Inka stares for some time and nods. "‘Famous’ is a strange word you humans use," she answers with a softened voice. "I still don't understand if it is someone you appreciate, or someone you despise. Because Trainer was both..."

She walks around for a moment, her features taking somewhat of a somber expression.

"Trainer fought a lot of things, and thus we fought as well. The Gyms, and the tournaments. The gangs that went around with their mischief... or the horrible days. I wonder if you were around here back then...?"

She trains her eyes on you for a moment, as if trying to pry something out of you. After a moment, she sighs.

"When evil humans were using and torturing your kind and mine. They tainted everything. And even if they were defeated by the efforts of trainers like mine, in exchange... those trainers became the hunted. So we had to grow powerful and ‘famous’, there was no other way."

"How did you come to be living in the wild, then? Would you go back to being a trained pokémon if you could?"

"I grew older, I guess. Everyone does, and the world kinda forgot about us? I never really understood." She shakes her head and moves away, taking a look at the forest around her. "After some time we realized that we were losing in our lives. I saw the wild male Nidos wandering about, having fun... and I wanted one of them. So I requested my release." She scratches a nearby tree, softly, and stares at her paws for a moment. "I guess I can go back if I want. A Starter never really leaves, you know? Our bond with Trainer is for life. But I am in no hurry for it, and I guess Trainer isn't either. Like I said, if a great battle comes... I'll stand ready, just in case."

"You seem quite proud of your water gem. What's the story behind it?"

Inka raises the arm where she holds the chain with the Water Gem, the small item casting a faint blue light around itself.

"It is not that special, I think, but I find it very useful," she answers as she swings the Gem around for you to notice. "Trainer and some friends back then, got the Gems from a tutor in their travels. I thought Trainer would pick a Poison one, but he thought it over and he picked the Water one. I think it was something... tactic? Strategic? Took me some time to learn those things."

She comes closer and smiles for a moment, then makes a gesture and from somewhere nearby a Spinarak wander in, standing besides Inka.

"Trainer taught us, we had to know how other people failed. So he gave me the Water Gem for me to work on my Water Pulses. And when I evolved, I noticed it," she claims as she inches closer. "Everyone thinks they can beat us with Water or Psychic power. This Gem... seems to discourage people from trying water. They try Psychic."

Inka then detaches the Gem and gives it to the Spinakar, who scurries uphill and disappears behind some rocks. Inka looks at the Spinarak go for a while, but quickly returns her attention to you. As you observe the Spinarak come and go, the next question comes to mind.

"The power of Psychic is It's a real pain, Psychic power," she adds with a scowl and a notorious harshening of her tone, "but better one pain than two. And Water Pulse ended up becoming one of my best battle assets."

You nod and proceed then with what you had in mind.

"What are your duties as a queen? What do you spend most of your time doing?

Inka tilts her head at the question, and her posture becomes relaxes for a moment. She then retreats some steps and seems to wonder for a moment before turning back to you.

"As a ruler, I don't rule the life of the Sovereignty," she mentions, making some gestures to try to make the point stand out. "The species still live by the mandates of their own elders. However," she continues, hardening her stance, "I took from them the union and the war they could not handle. I rule the defense and the fight against the outside. When the white wings or the poachers come, my roar is our response. The rest of the time..."

She idles around for a moment.

"I wander about, making sure Pokémon are prepared. Making sure they live for something. I keep an ear on things, in particular news from outside."

You have caught mention of the "white wings" and their melody of death" before, and while you might possibly have a grasp on what such threat might consist of, you decide it is better to seek official confirmation, now that you can.

"About those “white wings”... How did you begin fighting against them? Have they only started attacking recently, or are you joining a conflict that's been going on for a long time already?"

Inka sighs and returns to her somber tone from before.

"When I joined the wild, the white wings were already a threat. Have been, for many generations of my kin, even if that is short in human years. To be fair," she looks up to the canopy blocking view of most of the sky, "they were maybe always there, but they weren't a threat before. They just flew over us, going from one home to the next."

She starts pacing around, not really paying you attention.

"I heard one day they landed and stopped travelling though... and since then they have grown in number over the years, thanks to preying upon the mons of these forests."

Now she turns to you and looks you up and down for a moment.

"When I arrived here, for my kin it was as if these creatures had always been there. Just death, singing from above. But I remembered the days back with my Trainer and the teachings I got from him. When I got my mate and my first litters, I knew we had to fight or we wouldn't live to get the food for the day." She shakes her head sternly. "The chieftains of the forest species were weak and inexperienced, so I took the war from them. No one else was going to."

"And how do you fight against them?"

"We teach. That is the first step. Like I said, Trainer taught us to understand how Pokémon work. I understood the hunting patterns, the “melody of death”, and realized that was the pathway for the white wings to prey upon us. And we stand ready to attack. We make hard and unforgiving for them to come here to grab their breakfast. I take advantage of the techniques Trainer taught me and the endurance he gave me, and with my power I am able to stand up to them and best them."

The Nidoqueen then inches closer again, retaining a regal posture while exposing some small scars across her body...

"That only works against the small white wings however. As the elders of their own kin migrated in also and ravaged this land, I prepared our forces to go to the offensive. We've fought them back, over time, and at one point I managed to lead a charge to breach into their own nests."

As she recounts the tale, her eyes narrow and she inspects with her ears the canopy above her a couple of times.

"That day, it was their turn to learn. I taught them what the death of one's warriors feels like. How the loss of offspring numbs your heart. And when their eldest and most powerful one complained..." She stands back. "Those who carried his body away insulted me, gave me a name in their own tongue. Dov volkaal or something. And since then..."

Now she lets out a more feral growls and motions for you to notice around.

"Like I said, you are able to interview me today."

You finish taking your notes, consulting your handy thesaurus on Pokémon dialects and find a couple of entries for Draconic Pokémon, which allows you to translate the expression "Dov Volkaal" into something like "dragonkind's chief horror". That might explain a couple of things... and maybe open even more questions.

For now though, you have only one more that comes to mind.

"Changing the subject a little, I'd like to also ask... What do you hate the most?"

The emotional traction from the previous questions seems to help the Nidoqueen to think of an answer, as she quickly answers back, with a somewhat rasp voice.

"I guess the pain from Psychic powers. It lingers within your body and your mind, tearing at your desire to sleep and rest. And there is so little you can do to help yourself. To me, it is like becoming powerless, after all I have had to fought." She lowers her head and seems to fumble with her own words a little. "There's also being persecuted, or fearing for the welfare of your Trainer, but at least those are things a Pokémon can punch."

Given the time of the day (presumably) you now decide to give the Nidoqueen some time for herself, or otherwise to end the interview. We shall see.

She decides to offer a couple of questions.

"I see this creature Loki, branding itself the Wyrm of Order." She shakes her head. "So unlike the one we have heard of, so you better not be an imposter, for even our deities have deities of their own and they won't take it lightly. Still... if you 'are' the real thing..." She thinks for a moment. "You speak of humans and breaking the natural order, yet I've seen most humans merely try to survive their every day just as Pokémon do. What did humans do, in your view of things, that changed the world for the worse this much? Can they reverse the damage you say they cause?"

After that she thinks for a moment and asks another question.

"And for this Scrumples... Hey there... was wondering how does it feel to be 'transferred'? Was it like you have to move around, or was it like the world suddenly changed around you? Or something else?"

And that's for the time being. Will spare some thoughts to what character to bring after Inka. As for everyone else, thanks for keeping this alive, once again.

Last edited:

Omegagoldfish

My will be done
[spoil]

"WE UNDERSTAND NOW. WE ASK QUESTIONS TO THESE WORMS, AND PERHAPS THEY MAY SEE TRUE SENTIENCE. OUR WAIT MAY BE OVER, AS THE OLD ONE DECREED"

"It's kind of hard addressing you as well, you. Do you have an actual name?

"THIS IS A QUESTION WE CAN ANSWER. WE ARE CALLED THE ETERNAL SENTINEL ENKIRIGHDIAN, KEEPER OF THE FORBIDDEN LIBRARY."

"What exactly was the Old One?"

"THE OLD ONE IS. THE OLD ONE NEVER WAS. THE OLD ONE IS ETERNAL. YOU ARE NOT READY TO KNOW WHAT THE OLD ONE IS. YOU WILL NEVER BE READY TO KNOW. NOT UNTIL YOU KNOW ALL THAT IS TO BE KNOWN. THEN, PERHAPS, YOU CAN SEE, AND NOT BE BLINDED."

"I'll let the others ask what makes you think of us as unready."

"THE STARS IN YOUR HEAVEN ARE THE SANDS BENEATH THE OLD ONE'S FEET. YOU CANNOT UNDERSTAND IT."

"Alright, this line of questions is going nowhere fast. Are there any of us 'worms' you actually respect?"

"WE HAVE A SLIGHT RESPECT TOWARDS THOSE THAT WISH TO KNOW MORE. THEY ARE THE ONES WHO CAN FREE US."

"'Free' you? Are you trapped?"

"THE OLD ONE DECREED THAT WE NEVER LEAVE THE LIBRARY. NOT UNTIL ONE CAN READ FROM IT AND LIVE. THIS IS BUT A FRAGMENT OF US, ALLOWED TO SEE THE OUTSIDE. OTHERWISE, WE WOULD BE DESTROYED."

"I see. Are there any questions you would like to ask the others?"

"FOR THE ONE THAT CALLS ITSELF INKA. WHAT MAKES YOU FEEL THAT YOU ARE JUSTIFIED IN WHAT YOU FIGHT FOR? FOR THE OTHERS, HOW DO YOU THINK THE WORLD WOULD BE IF YOU NEVER EXISTED."

"I honestly don't see why you came here anyway."

"BECAUSE THIS IS A PLACE BEYOND THE LIMITS OF YOUR KIND. I AM HERE TO OBSERVE IF ANY OF YOU BARELY SENTIENT CREATURES MAY ENTER THE LIBRARY. SO FAR, ONLY YOU HAVE APPEARED, AND PROVED... WANTING."

"I'm probably the MOST sentient creature here. It's been a parade of madmen, children, and the lost here."

"AND THOSE ARE THE INDIVIDUALS WHO HAVE COME THE CLOSEST. MADMEN AND THE LOST. IN DEATH, THEY SEE SOMETHING THAT NO OTHERS CAN SEE. PEACE."

"I am not going into a philosophical conversation about death with you."

"LIKEWISE. TALKING TO YOU CREATURES ABOUT DEATH IS SO BORING."

"Would someone please save me and ask this thing questions already?"

[/spoil]

Last edited:

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Be careful what you wish for, Interviewer.

-Loki gives a sadistic grin to the Interviewer's question.

"Sure thing! Hey, Eternal Sentinel, I like your type. Tell me, why are yo so loyal to this Old One? All they seem to do is make your life miserable. Do you at least get kicks screwing with lesser beings at all?"

-They grows noticeably more irritable at Inka's "What did humans do, in your view of things, that changed the world for the worse this much? Can they reverse the damage you say they cause?" question.-

-huffs- "Well for one I'm no impostor."

-thinks a bit-

"But humans... See, the world was going juuuuust fine without them, there was an actual balance of nature going that was just great for eons. But when humans show up, they refused to play by the rules in that regard and made their own, and now they're making ecosystems tailor-made for them and shoving Pokemon-made ones aside! And the Legendaries helped them by giving them a free pass to use Pokemon as their playthings under the guise of some "partnership!" Sure, a few Pokemon tried their hands at the whole civilization thing over the eons, but they did't play quite like these humans did and certainly weren't as messy about it!"

(Loki's got deeper-seated reasons for hating humans than them being a pain in the *** to deal with as a deity of natural order and just being a speciesist douchewad, but they are spoilers they would never admit under normal circumstances if ever anyway. I will note they dropped hints to one last part of this interview. They may also have already bent the truth at LEAST once this part so far already).

"Oh, and Scrumples? You seem like someone from a very diffrent world; who'd you say is in charge of the place?"

"And for anyone else, is there anyone in your life you have to kind of loophole your way around? Oh, I could go on plenty on that..."

Omegagoldfish

My will be done
[spoil]

"I really do not want to ask you this one..."

"DO IT. I AM HERE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS. "

"Fine. Loki asks: 'Why are you so loyal to this Old One? All they seem to do is make your life miserable. Do you at least get kicks screwing with lesser beings at all?'"

The air visibly cooled within the small room, and the hurricane of eyes briefly merged into one, gigantic eye, with two pupils, wreathed in icy energy, before reverting to the swirling black cloud.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? WHAT AUTHORITY DO YOU CLAIM TO ASK THIS QUESTION? TELL ME, SO CALLED WYRM OF ORDER, WHY WE SHOULDN'T ERASE YOU FROM REALITY? I HAVE DONE IT BEFORE. BUT IF YOU DESIRE TO KNOW, I CANNOT HOLD THAT AGAINST YOU. THE OLD ONE GAVE US LIFE, GAVE US KNOWLEDGE, GAVE US PURPOSE. TO THROW IT ALL AWAY... INCONCEIVABLE! AND LESSER CREATURES? WHY WASTE OUR TIME SHATTERING ANTHILLS, NEGLECTING OUR ONE JOB!? PREPOSTEROUS! YOU CLAIM GODHOOD OVER ORDER, AND YET YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT IT! BEGONE!"

The Interviewer stepped out of the corner it was cowering in, visibly shaking.

"Are you done?"

"YES. AND I HAVE A QUESTION FOR THIS CREATURE. WHAT EXACTLY GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO JUDGE A SPECIES, BASED UPON ITS AMBITION? ALL I SEE IN YOU IS A PETULANT CHILD, WHO CRIES WHEN ANYTHING INTERRUPTS HIS TOYS. WHAT GIVES YOU THE POWER TO CONDEMN AN ENTIRE RACE? FOR THE OTHERS, WHERE DO YOU THINK IS THE LINE BETWEEN YOU, AND NATURE? CELLS? ORGANS? HOW MUCH OF YOU MUST YOU REMOVE FROM YOURSELF TO CEASE BEING YOURSELF?"

"Thank you. Loki, try not to annoy this thing, it might destroy reality."

[/spoil]

Last edited:

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Because I've been in a writing mood lately, and have nowhere else to really write right now, I've decided to show my "face" in the Fan Fiction section in the form of this thread... Anyways, here she is! Zeta York of the Kingdom of Aether, wife to the kingdom's youngest prince, Cecil.

A young blonde woman looks around the vey plain room inquisitively. She was dressed in a black shirt, grey pants and a red trenchcoat, a sheathed sword and holstered hand gun hanging from her left hip. It was dull and there seemed to be light despite there being no lightbulbs. Then she looks at the screen in front of her.

"So I just answer questions?" she said.

"Yes," a voice through the screen said.

"And then I ask a question to someone else?"

"Yes."

"That's it?"

"Yes."

The woman sighs and leans back into her chair, looking disappointed. She mumbled, "Oh well, at least Cecil won't worry about me..."

She took a deep breath before she said, "Okay, so what're the questions?"

"Okay, first question... How would you introduce yourself to a stranger?"

The woman blinked. "Uh, I say hi?" she said. She chuckled then continued with a silly grin. "In all seriousness, I just do what most, well, normal people do. I say my name and stuff that seem appropriate to mention. You know, like that I'm like about fifty years old, was a soldier, am a supersoldier and the wife of a prince."

"Uh huh. Okay, next question... Where do you live?"

"Aether Castle in the kingdom of Aether. Very old. Has comfy beds though, let me tell you."

There was a short silence as a sigh was heard before the voice asked the next question.

Zeta blinked. She hadn't expected that question.

"Well... I don't know my parents, not that it matters anyway. You know those stories or movies about genetically engineered people? I'm one of them. I was made during a war for one thing: to fight. Specifically some magic powered armor suits we call mechas. That's why even if I knew my 'parents', they wouldn't have been allowed to raise me," she said, making air quotations at the second mention of parents.

Then a warm smile spread one her face. "The rest of my family though? Probably couldn't have asked for anything better. I've got a husband I love who loves me, three kids who're well behaved, save for the...occasional prank on my husband, and in-laws who're nice. Can you believe that?" She let loose a short laugh.

"So in short, the best for me."

"That sounds nice. Now... What do you want to do with your life? How does what you're doing now relate to that?"

Zeta raised an eyebrow at that. She stayed quiet for a little bit. Then she said, "... You're just reading them from some paper, aren't you?

A small smile was on her lips when the screen grumbled.

"Just answer the questions."

She raised her hands in the surrender posture. "All right, all right. Just saying." She cleared her throat. "Well, I guess see to it my kids grow up just fine. I mean, yeah sure, teaching your kids swordsplay isn't really the best idea. Even I know that. But...I was raised to do one thing, to fight, and as much as I did enjoy it, I thought it was the only thing I could do.

"Then that all changed when I first became friends with my now husband. I realize I could be more than that. So I want my kids to be who they want to be. And that just happens to be, for my daughter, Sasha, follow in my footsteps as a warrior.

"So I'm just helping them the best I can. Like I said, Sasha wants to be a warrior like me but I'm having her go to school so she'd know how to interact with other people better. Joshua, my son, wants to build and design armor. And Margaret wants to be a healer, like her father."

"All right, next question, what's your most unusual trait?"

"You mean ususual for me? Or unusual for most people?"

She could practically feel the glare coming from the monitor.

"Okay, okay," she said with a smile. "Seesh, can't you take a joke?"

"No, because this is an interview and it should be taken seriously.

"Heh, all right. Well, for one, I'm what is usually called superhuman. I can run really fast and go fast really quickly. I have super fast reflexes that can let me dodge even lightning. And my body's strong enough to do that stuff. I have red eyes, to show that I'm a supersoldier. ...Oh, and apparently I would've likely liked battling anyway even if they didn't genetically engineered supersoldiers to like it."

"Question Six: What's a sure way to make you angry?"

"Well, you can try and hurt my husband or kids, for one," she said. She chuckles but then her stare turns deathly. "Seriously though, don't hurt them. In any way. I don't care if you're a freakin' god, you won't get away with it unscathed. And I've beaten a god before."

Zeta then leans against her chair as if nothing happened.

"Um... I'll be sure to remember that. ...Question Seven: What's your biggest accomplishment?"

"Well, career wise, during the war, I did manage to take down an entire regiment of mechas in ten minutes flat. After the war, there were these idiot gods who thought they could mess up with our timeline and I managed to beat one of them by myself." She smiles victoriously and somewhat scarrily. "And I beat five others when with my husband." Zeta smile then turned more warm. "But having a husband and kids definitely tops it all."

"Question Eight: What desicion do you most regret?"

Zeta's expression turned somber at those words. She looked away from the screen, her eyes distant.

"Uh... Zeta?"

She blinked then looked back at the screen. She chuckled sheepishly. "Whoops. Well, I guess nearly getting my sister-in-law's future husband killed. I uh...he was the newly crowned king of Tron. Remember that war I mentioned? Aether was fighting Tron and...Cecil nearly got killed by Tron assassins so...I didn't like people of Tron so much. At least, until I realized I was being no better than those who didn't like just because I was a supersoldier."

She was silent again for a few moments.

"I felt awful. I should've been better than that. I shouldn't have judged him just because of one part of him."

She took a deep breath and her smile returns to her face.

"But things are all good now."

Question Nine: what do you think is the most important thing for other people to understand about you?

"That I like battles not killing. I love the thrill of battle. The skill it takes to defeat a worthy opponent. The challenge of facing a strong opponent. Not the taking of another's life. Life is precious. If you don't want to fight, it's fine. But I will defend myself and my family to my enemy's death if you're going to try kill me or them."

"Ah, finally, the last question... If you could change just one thing about yourself, what would it be?

"Heh, that question... You know, before, I would've answered that I wanted to get rid of my battle spirit. So that my kids wouldn't have to grow up the way I did. But now? Heh, I've already been doing that. My flaws, my mistakes, my accidents...I try to make myself better, work on my flaws, not just for myself but also for my family. Especially my family.

"I mean, look where I am now. I used to be a warrior; a soldier hellbent on joining as many fights as I could with little care if I survived the fight. Right now, I'm still a warrior, but I'm more than that now. I'm a mother with a loving husband and three kids who care for me more than anything else in the world and in-laws who care for me too. Who'd seriously leave all that?"

"Okay now you ask a question to this guy."

The screen flickers and then on it is the image of a strange thundercloud like being with lots of eyes. Lots of them. There was also a small stand that appeared out of the floor beside her with a few pieces of paper on it. Zeta just raised an eyebrow at the being and scans through the*papers. After reading them, she looks back at the monitor and squints her eyes as she looks over the image onit. After several moments of analyzing it, she said,

"Okay... Has anyone ever tried getting in this Forbidden Library?"

There was a sigh from the monitor.

"Finally, we're done for now..."

Zeta decided to ignore the voice now and continue reading through the papers. But she slowed down the flipping as she reached the end of them.

"Wait...hey! There're more questions! And there're from other guys being interviewed! And I can ask as many questions I want!"

"What? Hey! No! Wait"

Zeta still ignores the voice from the monitor and clears her throat as she properly reads one of the many interviewee questions given.

"Question from...Loki the Zygarde? Okay... 'Is there anyone in your life you have to kind of loophole your way around?' What kind of a question is that?" She thought about it then shrugged. "Oh well. No one really, I guess. Maybe before with my in-laws, but like I said, they like me now. And I like 'em too. I find Cecil's mom nice. So yeah, no loopholes neccessary."

"So, since now I know I can ask any of the others anything, how about this: Have you ever been outside of your home world and or universe? Besides here, that is. And have you made any friends from those other worlds?"

"Are you done now?"

"Yeah, sure. Go ahead. You can send me back for now."

"Thank you..."

... Why do I feel like I did it below average for my writing...?

Last edited: