• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Character Interviews

Omegagoldfish

My will be done
[spoil]
The Interviewer turned to Enkirighdian, and sighed.

"I guess I am stuck with you for now. Well, a new question from a, 'Zeta York'."

"TIME HAS NO MEANING FOR US. ASK ME WHATEVER QUESTION YOU DESIRE."

"Zeta York asks: 'has anyone ever tried getting in this Forbidden Library'?

"IF NOBODY WANTED TO ENTER, WE WOULDN'T EXIST" Enkiridian spoke, seeming mildly amused.

"But has anyone tried getting inside?"

"YES, MILLIONS HAVE TRIED. ALL OF THEM FAILED. AS DECREED BY THE OLD ONE IT IS FORBIDDEN"

"Zeta York also asks if you have been outside your home universe. Whatever that means"

"YES AND NO. THE LIBRARY EXISTS IN ALMOST ALL PLANES OF GREATER REALITY. WE CANNOT SAY MORE THAN THAT."

"Interesting, interesting."

"THE LIBRARY CONTAINS MANY THINGS. AS GUARDIAN OF IT FOR EONS, WE HAVE SEEN ALL WITHIN IT."

"Why is it forbidden anyway?"

"THERE ARE THINGS NOT MEANT TO BE KNOWN. NOT UNTIL YOUR KIND, OR ANY SPECIES IS READY. AND YOU ARE NOT."

"Do you have any questions for Zeta York?"

"YES. OTHER THAN PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES, ARE YOU DIFFERENT FROM A NORMAL HUMAN IN ANY OTHER WAY?"

[/spoil]

Last edited:

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Zeta nodded at the answers the multi-eyed cloud gave. She hummed as she gave the words some thought. All of sudden, there was the distinct sound of someone choking on their drinkfrom the monitor. Zeta raised an eyebrow at that and stopped humming. Steps sounded until a familiar voice spoke,

"How'd you get in here?!"

Zet just blinked, confused. Then she pointed her thumb to behind her, showing a door slightly ajar with light coming from its opening. There was unintelligble speech from the voice.

"You really need to work on locking the door next time."

The voice grumbled. "Why are you here?"

Zeta kept up her confused look.

"Uh...listening to answers and answering questions, like you wanted me to?"

A beat.

"You know what, never mind..."

Zeta smiles mischievously before clapping her hands in satisfaction.

"Okay then," she said as she listened to the cloud's question.

She hummed again. "Eh, not much really. I was born from a giant tube in some sort of liquid and artificially made but not much else." She paused, her smile becoming amused. "And my sense of humor, according to my husband."

"So...since you've been guarding the library...have you read any of the stuff in it?"

Last edited:

Omegagoldfish

My will be done
[spoil]
"Zeta asks, 'Have you ever read anything in the Library?'"

"YES. WE HAVE READ ALL WITHIN THE LIBRARY. BILLIONS OF YEARS GAVE US TIME TO READ."

The Interviewer tensed for a second, wondering what question to ask next.

"WE ASSUME YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT OUR LITTLE OUTBURST, YES?"

"I have no other questions, so yes."

"WE DID NOT FEEL ACTUAL ANGER. THAT WAS SIMPLY US TAKING A LITTLE MORE POWER. WE ARE A FRAGMENT OF OUR ACTUAL SELF. SOMETIMES, WE CAN TAKE MORE, BUT IT MUST RETURN TO THE LIBRARY."

"So, you basically dragged more of yourself in here?"

"IN A SENSE. THAT IS A SIMPLIFIED VERSION OF WHAT HAPPENED, BUT YES. MORE POWER CAN CAUSE US TO BECOME LESS DOCILE, WHICH IS WHY OUR FRAGMENT IS SO SMALL."

"Small? You're the largest thing I have ever interviewed."

"THIS IS LESS THAN A TRILLIONTH OF OUR ACTUAL POWER."

"Alright, any questions for Zeta York?"

"IN A SENSE. TELL ME ABOUT YOUR HUSBAND."

"Alright, that's great. I think you're learning about this sort of thing."

[/spoil]

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
"Huh, I see," she said at the cloud's answer.

It made sense. They were probably as old or nearly as old as time itself. Of course they would have time to read them. Besides, they must have been bored. She wasn't all that surprised eitner of it mentioning it was only a very small part of itself talking to them right now. Though she was surprised it was trillionth. She thought it'd be a bigger number. She pulled out of her mulling when the cloud asked his question. She blinked, not expecting that. But then she smiled warmly and leaned into her chair.

She chuckled. "My husband? Well, for starters, his name's Cecil York, youngest child and second prince to the king of Aether."

She closed her eyes as memories came about her mind. "He's the most stubborn person I know, and the kindest and most compassionate I've met too. We met during the war, when I was still practically a berserker who didn't care about amything about fighting. People, even my fellow supersoldiers, didn't want to do much with me but like I said, I didn't care. Then I met him."

She took a deep breath and leaned against her chair. "He didn't really want to fight, but he wanted the war over as soon as possible so not many lives would be taken. So he helped by being a medic. And since I was reckless, I ended up getting healed by him a lot. He would tell me I shouldn't be doing that even though that's what I was literally born to do. But he still cared."

Her smile got a bit wider. "Then he started coming along with us since he could use barrier magic. We got a lot closer over the war."

Her expression wavered just the tiniest bit. "By the end of it, we're keeping each other alive, literally. I got shot in the heart after I saved him from an assassination and then, I guess, he brought me back by connecting his own life force with mine. Now we if either one of us died, the other would die too. We also ended being able to feel each other's pain and tell when the other's close by." She chuckled. "It also meant I couldn't sneak up on him. And though he doesn't seem like it, I know he finds my jokes funny sometimes."

She opened her eyes then looked at the screen again. "So, anyways, I have a question for you, is your library infinite? If that's the case, how in the world were you able to read everything if it's infinite?"

Omegagoldfish

My will be done
[spoil]

"So, Enkirighdian, you have more questions to answer."

"OF COURSE. WE CAN RECOGNIZE PATTERNS QUITE WELL, INTERVIEWER. ASK."

"Zeta York asks: "Is the Library infinite? If so, how could you read all within it?"

"IF THE LIBRARY WERE INFINITE, THERE WOULD BE AN INFINITE CHANCE OF SIMPLY FINDING GARBLED LETTERS, AS WELL AS A BOOK OF INFINITE PAGES. THIS CRISIS DOES NOT BOTHER US, BECAUSE THE LIBRARY IS FINITE. THEREFORE, IT WOULD TAKE A FINITE AMOUNT OF TIME TO READ ALL WITHIN IT."

"So, what exactly is in the Library? You implied it held all knowledge, but what does that even mean?"

"THE INNER WORKINGS OF THE UNIVERSE ITSELF. NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS. YOU ARE NOT GOING TO LEARN MORE FROM US. THIS IS ALREADY MORE THAN WE HAVE SAID IN TRILLIONS OF YEARS"

"Speaking of which, do you or the Old One age at all?"

"NO. OR AT LEAST, NOT IN THE TIME WE HAVE EXISTED."

"Okay, another one. What's with all of the eyes, and do some of them have two pupils? Is your complete form an eye like that? If so, why?"

"THE OLD ONE ENJOYS SYMBOLISM. THE EYES SIGNIFY WATCHFULNESS, AS THEY ALSO ALLOW US TO SEE. OUR COMPLETE FORM IS IN FACT AN EYE WITH TWO PUPILS. WE THINK IT SIGNIFIES THAT WE ARE MULTIPLE, YET BOUND TOGETHER. THE OLD ONE WANTED US TO BE ART."

"Anything else?"

"TWO THINGS. ONE, ZETA YORK, THE LIBRARY IS NOT OURS. NO MORE THAN THE EARTH IS YOURS. IT IS THE OLD ONE'S AND WE SIMPLY GUARD IT. SECOND, WHY DID YOU EVEN ENTER THIS PLACE TO ASK QUESTIONS? THIS FRAGMENT OF US SEEKS INFORMATION FROM THE OUTSIDE, BUT YOU HAVE NO SUCH MOTIVE."

"You're really improving here."

"INDEED, WE NOW KNOW WE CAN FEEL ANGER. INSULTING THE OLD ONE APPARENTLY DOES THAT. WE NEVER KNEW THIS UNTIL NOW. PROBABLY BECAUSE NOTHING INSULTS THE OLD ONE."

[/spoil]

Last edited:

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Sorry this is so late, I've been busy. Have some more Loki.

-The Zygarde in a human suit is still here, except a bit more coherently. He shooshes the cloud-

"Woah, woah, there Ashcloud, I get it, you owe this Old One a ton and respect them, I understand that! Though don't think about trying to erase me - for one, it'd destabilize my reality there and the guys upstairs wouldn't like that. One that note I've met entities that could literally eat you for breakfast."

(One of them might have tried to eat him for breakfast but again he'd never admit it.)

-He fowns at the cloud's question-

"Well, first off, as I said, they don't belong here. Pokemon do. All humans amount to in this universe are a waste of time and energy, no matter how much my fellow Legendaries and all those mundane mons try to convince themselves otherwise with that damn Vow."

-smirks-

"As for what gives me the right to judge? Oh, I don't know, several billion years of experience? You should be able to relate. By the way, do you know others like you besides The Old One?"

-To Zeta York, scowling-

"Humans breed fast enough, and you're saying they're still growing more in tubes? What would drive them to do such a thing anyway?"

"As for your questions... For the first, I've taken my peeks into a few, my reactions have varied quite considerably."

-They gives a frown more deeply disgruntled than their usual purely disdainful scowls-

"As for the second question... Well, there's one alternate timeline incident I'd rather forget and that's all I'll give you the dignity of."

That's all for now.

Last edited:

Omegagoldfish

My will be done
[spoil]
Enkirighdian floated in the center of the room, making a light humming noise.

"SEVERAL BILLION YEARS OF LIFE, AND YET STILL WHINING ABOUT WHAT IT CANNOT CONTROL. ALL LIFE HAS POTENTIAL, AS THE OLD ONCE SAID. WE HAVE NOT SEEN ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY YET. ALTHOUGH, LOKI, WE ARE INTERESTED. WHAT MAKES YOU THINK WE FEAR DESTABILIZING REALITIES OR SUCH A MINOR THING AS DEATH? WHAT ENTITIES THAT YOU KNOW OF CAN HARM US? YOU TREAT US AS AN INFERIOR, YET YOU DO NOT KNOW YOUR LIMITS.

HOW OLD DO YOU THINK WE ARE? WE WERE ALIVE WHEN THE WORLD WAS BUT DUST AND WE SHALL REMAIN WHEN THAT LEGACY FADES. INDEED, WE HAVE DONE SO ALREADY. OUR WATCH HAS LASTED UNCOUNTABLE AGES. YET, WE SHOULD GET BACK TO THE POINT, AND ANSWER YOUR QUESTION. THERE IS NOTHING LIKE THE OLD ONE, BUT IT HOPES THAT ONE DAY, THERE WILL BE.
"

"Sorry, what exactly are you muttering to this time?"

"THE BEING THAT INSULTED US, QUESTIONING OUR LOYALTY. ANYWAY, LOKI, WHAT EVIDENCE YOU HAVE AGAINST HUMANITY?"

"You're becoming closer to a rambling old man than an unknowable guard beyond time."

"ETERNITIES OF SILENCE DOES THAT. YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW REFRESHING TALKING IS."

"Well, I guess this can be called 'Interviews and rehabilitation from eternities of solitude' or something."

"WE SOMETIMES WONDER WHY WE ARE SEPARATE FROM THE REST OF US. BUT THE OLD ONE KNOWS BEST."

"Seriously, you're less like a hive-mind of unfailing loyalty than you think you are."

"WE HAVE NEVER DISOBEYED THE OLD ONE. OUR LOYALTY REMAINS ABSOLUTE."

[/spoil]