• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Character One Shots

jacobii

Third Wheel in J#+IB
This an idea I had for a character development exercise. The idea is to create a series of one shots for the main characters of you fan-fics. They are One chaptered fics that are told from the characters point of view. They could either be an event that happens to the specific character before the story happens or a serious diary entries or other documents written by the character. I am planning on releasing three character one shots during the Summer before I make the entire Fan fic. Hear is a rough draft of the first paragraph of a character one shot that I plan to release this Saturday June 25th called the Fan Boy (a comedy).

"My name is Greg Sanchez. First let me say this: I am not a hispanic like most of the racist white supremacist in this abomination of a country would think. I mean god seriously grow up people it's the 21st century you think the world would grow up by the time it's 2011 years old. Now that is taken care of I hope you people on Serebii remember me because I am going to be the one to finally make Pokemon good again. You see, other Pokemon fans who are just blindly and ignorantly happy with the little kitty adventure that Pokemon is which is why Halo and Call of Duty sell more copies. We as fans need to say to Nintendo we have had enough. So the Pokemon community will stop being made fun of by those stupid Microsoft, XBox360 Master Chief wanna-be's. I mean god seriously Pokemon is becoming lame to a degree and we need to stop it. Please reply to my thread and mods if you banned my thread again I swear you are going to have one less member of your precious life's work."

In order to write a character one shot you need to be able to think like the character and it gives an opportunity to focus on one specific character and really get to know them.

Please submit paragraphs for your own character one shots and review each others.

Last edited:

Antithesis

Not exactly a revolutionary idea, to be honest, it's a fairly common exercise as far as I know. Are you looking for a review of the paragraph you wrote? Or do you want us to post our own here? Not completely sure what you're looking for from this thread.

jacobii

Third Wheel in J#+IB
I wasn't entirely sure what I was looking for either when I wrote this but I guess it would be fun for people to post their own paragraphs and review them here.