• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

characters devlopment

Status
Not open for further replies.

narutoo

dragon trainer
up til now there has been 5 seasons of pokemon, in which ash is the main character ,but it has been observed that there is not much improvement in the ash's character.
in future we will like see an improvement in ash,plus other main charecters like team rockets,ash's companians .

blob

By 5 seasons do you mean 5 Sagas? If so, then there's actually been more than that: OS, AG, DP, BW, BW Season 2, BW Season 2 N and BW Season 2 Da.

blob

So BW Season 2, Season 2 N and Season 2 Da don't count?

You do know that OS took place during first and second gen, right? So far it's 4 sagas (OS, AG, DP and BW), excluding BW Season 2 sagas.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
After 16 seasons of nothing but the same-old thing, you're now wanting character development? As much as I would like to see character development with Ash and company, with the current writing team we have and for how long the series has been on, I'm failing to see the logic here.

diakyu

So BW Season 2, Season 2 N and Season 2 Da don't count?

You do know that OS took place during first and second gen, right? So far it's 4 sagas (OS, AG, DP and BW), excluding BW Season 2 sagas.
Episode N and DA! are both Best Wishes 2.

blob

Where are you guys even getting the 5 sagas bit from? If by Sagas you mean Generations, say that, as there are only 4 sagas in Japan excluding BW Season 2.

OS is Kanto and Johto (Gens 1 and 2)
AG is Hoenn and Kanto Battle Frontier (Gen 3)
DP is Sinnoh (Gen 4)
BW is Unova (Gen 5)

How many does that make?

Last edited:

Haunter ゴースト

Where are you guys even getting the 5 sagas bit from? If by Sagas you mean Generations, say that, as there are only 4 sagas in Japan excluding BW Season 2.

DP is Sinnoh (Gen 4)
BW is Unova (Gen 5)

How many does that make?

There are 5 saga's.

OS, AG, DP, BW, BW2.

Episode N and DA! are a part of BW2.

Janovy

Banned
There are 5 saga's.

OS, AG, DP, BW, BW2.

Episode N and DA! are a part of BW2.
Personally I wouldn't really call season 2 a separate saga. I mean, if you look at it, even if we put BW and BW2 together, DP has more episodes. XD

Imo, season 2 is just a part of Best Wishes.

Haunter ゴースト

Personally I wouldn't really call season 2 a separate saga. I mean, if you look at it, even if we put BW and BW2 together, DP has more episodes. XD

Imo, season 2 is just a part of Best Wishes.

I don't like to class it as a separate saga either, but unfortunately it is.

Obviously it would have made sense for Unova to all be one saga, but the writers must have felt that the sudden transition of older Pokemon finally appearing, blatant references to Ash's past finally being mentioned and a separate arc from the 8 Gym Badges focusing on the other unmentioned half of Unova was enough to become a new saga alongside the release of B2/W2 - games that were the first official sequels to the main series.

vespiqueen

DP is Sinnoh (Gen 4)
BW is Unova (Gen 5)

How many does that make?

What about the Orange Islands?

On topic: The thing is, Ash WAS getting some good character development and Ash WAS improving. But then Best Wishes happened...

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
up til now there has been 5 seasons of pokemon, in which ash is the main character ,but it has been observed that there is not much improvement in the ash's character.
in future we will like see an improvement in ash,plus other main charecters like team rockets,ash's companians .

Team Rocket got character development in BW.

Some people didn't like it so it was taken away.

Status
Not open for further replies.