• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Characters hated for odd reasons?

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
How tf is Misty a tomboy? Shes not a tomboy at all. Misty loves shopping, finds bug types "gross, creepy, disgusting" hid behind Ash and Brock lots of times, gladly skipped out on doing guys work, wanted dolls, wanted cute Pokémon, interested in romance, jewelry, fortune telling & liked dressing up. Her mermaid costume is extremely feminine too.
Because for some ungodly reason, people think Hot Tempered = Tomboy

These same people think Sakura from Naruto is a Tomboy despite Pink, Romance, and Shopping being some of her favorite interests lmao

She literally calls herself the tomboy mermaid.

Bendicion

Water Master

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I think she got that title maybe because of social standards in Japan’s culture at the time.
She called herself that as late as SM. So even by now she‘s still considered and identifies as one.

It being how the japanese culture define it and not how western people fo doesn’t really matter when their main target audience is the japanese themselves first.

Bendicion

Water Master
Because for some ungodly reason, people think Hot Tempered = Tomboy

These same people think Sakura from Naruto is a Tomboy despite Pink, Romance, and Shopping being some of her favorite interests lmao
Its ridiculous. People need to know what an actual tomboy is and means.

Sonnas

I haven’t seen somebody this but I do think a small sect of the fandom hates Lillie for no reason. I’m not saying a huge portion but there are people out there.

This specific subset of people believe that just because she was brought up in privilege that she automatically is being a brat whenever she discusses something that Lusamine does that makes her upset. First of all that should be normal. A child should feel comfortable expressing to their parent their feelings. Also it’s possible that a person meets your needs finically but not emotionally and Lusamine did that. Lillie isn’t a brat because she expressed that.

Lusamine was neglectful just not in the vindictive rude way she was in the games.
I slightly don't like her for different reasons, namely how she seems to get stuff and win by doing nothing or by others helping her instead of her doing them herself.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
1. Serena for having a crush although it’s just one part of her deep and wonderful character
2. Max for expressing his opinions and having actual characteristics unlike some characters in previous series that just smile all the time
3. Cilan for having his counsaour time, which I actually really liked. And he is very handsome too

Heekful

Serena, most of her haters hate her because she would be the number one reason why their little fictional shipping from 10-20 years ago would have less chance of happening, as if it will suddenly happen 10-20 years later if she didn't exist.

Oh, I guess some people also hate her because she has a crush on someone that helped her snap out of her insecurity ? Yeah I guess people hate realistic character, what a shame to have a crush on someone when you're 10-13 years old. For some reason when it's Brock having a crush on every girls people love it but when it's a bit more realistic like Serena people hate it.

Psajdak

In the context of original series, Misty was definitely tomboy, or at least tomboyish.

That was the whole thing about her, and her 3 sisters who were in contrast far more feminine.
And when she would act girly, talking about romance, or cute things, it was kinda out of character for her.

Which is why episodes when she has her hair down, or is wearing kimono, or mermaid suit, have so much impact when everyone realize that she is truly a girl as well.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Characters getting mad for catching Pokémon they have designated for Ash. I’m a petty jerk myself and even I have my limits