• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Characters Speculation/Discussion Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKMN KING

Ozymandias
I think the boss of the evil team will look like Napoleon, that should be cool.
The end battle with this Napoleon should be in PokéBelgium in Waterloo ;)

kesha140

The Little Monster
Just wanted to point out that in the new player character art, both players have identical bracelets. I think this might be 6th generations poketch\pokegear.

Blaquaza

Elite Spritist
Just wanted to point out that in the new player character art, both players have identical bracelets. I think this might be 6th generations poketch\pokegear.
That's a good bet to make. It does seem a bit bulky for a watch that is worn at almost all times, though. XD

Aegon

The male character's design irritates me. It's uninspired and far too similar to what we've had before. I don't understand it, since the female PC's appearance features much variety.

Blaquaza

Elite Spritist
The male character's design irritates me. It's uninspired and far too similar to what we've had before. I don't understand it, since the female PC's appearance features much variety.
I'll agree with you on this; even though I'm a boy this will be the third time that I've picked a female character on my first playthrough (Emerald, White 2 and now X).

e9310103838

I think the male character's jeans is too general, even is the history of the most simple design.

I really think GF should be a good design of the male character, as they design rival and gym leader, and do not always wear long and tight.

And we need a short hair female character even we only have May. ;488;

Yea, in the original trailer i didnt really like the male PC either, i just thought he looked a bit too boring but after seeing the sugimori art for him i like him a little more. His haircut is the bit i really dislike and wish that was customisable but im okay with him. I must admit i do prefer the female player on the occasion.

Poetry

Dancing Mad

He just looks like a really generic mash of every single male PC in the series. Loving the boots, though.

diakyu

I think GF just found a male design scheme that they think works. It's why Hilbert, Nate, and the new guy all have similarities. I like the new dude more than the girl to be honest. But I always like the boys better.

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Yea, in the original trailer i didnt really like the male PC either, i just thought he looked a bit too boring but after seeing the sugimori art for him i like him a little more. His haircut is the bit i really dislike and wish that was customisable but im okay with him. I must admit i do prefer the female player on the occasion.

While I find the boy alright, the female looked better for me, even during the first trailer where the boy was focused on more. The girls just get more depth to their design, I'm sure we all know why. Still, I don't feel any shame when I do a Pokemon playthrough playing as the girl. They tend to look better for me, so I pick whichever looks more appealing regardless of gender and if they are equal I flip a coin.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
He just looks like a really generic mash of every single male PC in the series. Loving the boots, though.

Them boots look boss, maybe they're hiking boots for a mountain? Or just simply a choice of which shoes to wear? Still good either way.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Those bracelets are very interesting.
Since I saw how futuristic and technological the new Pokédex was, I had an idea. I think those bracelets, like the Xtransceiver, will have the ability to talk to other people, but also to see other informations about the region, the map and maybe on certain Pokémon. If you look closely to the bracelets, you can see that there's a circle, or a little ball in the middle. I think it would be cool if that "ball" could show some holographical pictures, a little bit like that. By this way, the player would be able to have a discussion with another person (or maybe more than one at the same time) with this technological display and identify some places in the region. If you guys have seen Star Wars IV : A New Hope, you could easily remember how Princess Leia was giving a message to Ben Kenobi (even if she recorded it and wasn't able to talk directly) and those bracelets could make the same thing in a very great concept.

Last edited:

adamfitz

poké-lover
I live the guys boots yeah
Im stuck between not liking and been fan of his design, abit too plain for me I don't know I like him but the girl is abit better I think
Maybe my opinion will change as I see more of them in game
But I know I really like the blonde hair option
The girls design is very well done, original from all our previous playing characters
And she looks very fashionable

-----

As for the bracelets
Yes I see them been holographic projectors
This gen seems to have very high tech stuff

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
As for the bracelets
Yes I see them been holographic projectors
This gen seems to have very high tech stuff

That's what I think too.
Not only the bracelet, but the Dex looks so modern too. It could be holographic or is probably a glass Dex.

Who knows? Maybe the PC is holographic too.

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
That's what I think too.
Not only the bracelet, but the Dex looks so modern too. It could be holographic or is probably a glass Dex.

The bracelet reminds me a lot of the Poketch actually. Is it possible that we might see it return?

adamfitz

poké-lover
That's what I think too.

I'm hoping that the PC isn't holographic
Just because it'll be too much
I don't mind the Dex but it looks like either a tablet or holographic touch screen

Everlasting

Everything stays.
So, looking at the wildly sketchy rumours that WPM put up today since he needed something to make his site look less crappy... "Patrice" is one proposed name for the new professor.
First black professor, anyone?

I would like to see a black professor, it would be cool and different. Is Patrice a tree name ? All the professors have a name based on a tree. I would like to see Professor Sekoya, Professor Cedar, Priofessor Willow or Professor Damson.

fubufubu

customization....just......ugh.......word to the wise gamefreak......players want to go in and get to playing the game.....not waste 5 minutes customizing

Status
Not open for further replies.