• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Characters Speculation/Discussion Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystal Power

AWESOME!! We finally get some new characters revealed. This is what I wanted.

Do we know the name of Sana's friends? Also isn't it cool that there's a new chubby character. I think the only ones are Chuck and Crasher Wake. And Sana looks to be Hispanic. Good to see some diversity in characters. I DON'T think there will be any Black character this time. Which is actually very unfortunate. So can we just please say Iris, Lenora and Marshall are Black? Pretty please??? lol. Also do we know what type of Pokemon Viola will have? And what is Pansy's purpose in the games? Sorry I have so many questions. ^^;;

gpt11

AWESOME!! We finally get some new characters revealed. This is what I wanted.

Do we know the name of Sana's friends? Also isn't it cool that there's a new chubby character. I think the only ones are Chuck and Crasher Wake. And Sana looks to be Hispanic. Good to see some diversity in characters. I DON'T think there will be any Black character this time. Which is actually very unfortunate. So can we just please say Iris, Lenora and Marshall are Black? Pretty please??? lol. Also do we know what type of Pokemon Viola will have? And what is Pansy's purpose in the games? Sorry I have so many questions. ^^;;

Tieruno and Toroba are the other 2 and Pansy is a photographer from Luminos city she will be in the anime in a months time that's all we know so far

you can be your own coloured character in this game character customization

Crystal Power

Tieruno and Toroba are the other 2 and Pansy is a photographer from Luminos city she will be in the anime in a months time that's all we know so far

you can be your own coloured character in this game character customization

Thank you so much for the information! Pansy is brunette though so why is Viola holding the camera? o_O

Also Pansy and Viloa looks like sisters.

Yea I seen that, but they only have tan skin you can choose, can't even be as dark as Iris and she wasn't very dark to begin with. ^^;;

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite
I have a feeling that Sana and his freinds are going to be the rivals in the game which is a good thing..

ShadowMarauder

Dark Pokémon Master
BMjyIKNCEAELJKU.jpg:large

All looking very young!

Gotta say, I'm not thrilled at all that my adventure ''friends'' look SO young, besides I was expecting some cool looking older rivals not some petty-looking fatty, nerdy and girly kids :/
I am loving every single detail about these new games and feel satisfied with almost every pokemon they have showed us so far, it is clear GF have put a lot of effort designing them.
But regarding the characters.. I am very disappointed this time even with the protagonist so glad they included customization n.n

Crystal Power

Gotta say, I'm not thrilled at all that my adventure ''friends'' look SO young, besides I was expecting some cool looking older rivals not some petty-looking fatty, nerdy and girly kids :/
I am loving every single detail about these new games and feel satisfied with almost every pokemon they have showed us so far, it is clear GF have put a lot of effort designing them.
But regarding the characters.. I am very disappointed this time even with the protagonist so glad they included customization n.n
Hey! That was a mean thing to say toward fat, nerdy, girly girl kids. >.<

Regality

Digital King

I am hoping they each join the evil team and become executives..

Like, for the fat guy they could tell him that they could make him thin. Then, for the nerd they could tell them that they could give them friends/take away the ginger. And finally for the girly girl they could say they will make her popular/pretty.

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master
I am hoping they each join the evil team and become executives..

Like, for the fat guy they could tell him that they could make him thin. Then, for the nerd they could tell them that they could give them friends/take away the ginger. And finally for the girly girl they could say they will make her popular/pretty.

those are quite ridiculous reasons to turn evil. Extremely ridiculous.

ShadowMarauder

Dark Pokémon Master
Even Viola the ''bug-type'' gym leader, I have always liked how GL's clothes reflect the type they use, but she doesn't look buggish at all if you get me, she does look very nice but too generic for being a memorable GL :/

Pokemon~Master

Why does no one like Gingers? ;_; I'm a light auburn-head and content with myself.

They NPC characters/friends/allies/rivals look sort of generic, but so long as they give them some good personality and character development like they did Silver, Wally, Bianca and Cheren, I'm good.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Even Viola the ''bug-type'' gym leader, I have always liked how GL's clothes reflect the type they use, but she doesn't look buggish at all if you get me, she does look very nice but too generic for being a memorable GL :/

I'm glad she looks generic compared to other Bug-type Gym Leaders. I mean Bugsy looked too dressy in his HG/SS artwork, and Burgh looked too flashy. It's nice to get a tame Bug-type Gym Leader. I'm impressed with the new character designs overall.

ShadowMarauder

Dark Pokémon Master
I like gingers n.n but that ambiguous-gender kid haircut is just awful it looks like a helmet xD

TheTorterra6

Pro Trainer
Also am I the only one wishing and hoping for more Black characters this Gen? Seeing as Gen V was the first to introduce Black characters. If you are what kind of designs are you hoping for? I want a girl, dark skin, and pink hair. Or what kind of gym leaders are you hoping for in general (Not just Black character). A dark type Gym would be perfect!

So You Are Saying Nikki Manaj should be a Gym Leader? That would be hilarious! Nikki wants to battle: Nikki sends out jinx. LOL

Regality

Digital King
those are quite ridiculous reasons to turn evil. Extremely ridiculous.

..almost as ridiculous as a water mouse being fairy type ;)

But they do look very young, maybe 10? Its not like they would be that smart and they would be easily influenced.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So You Are Saying Nikki Manaj should be a Gym Leader? That would be hilarious! Nikki wants to battle: Nikki sends out jinx. LOL

It's Nicki Minaj, not Nikki Manaj.

Anyway, I kind of see why some people don't like the orange-haired kid. I honestly thought he/she was wearing a helmet at first until I noticed that it was actually hair. But I think the chubby character is hilarious; his Vanillite t-shirt is ridiculous yet it seems to imply that he's fat because he eats a lot of ice cream lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.