• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Characters Speculation/Discussion Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ditto24

I just watched it again and I think it the symbol for the Kalos dex- as in, the hexagon... is that what you mean?

Yeah, I thought it was the badge and got excited, but its the Pentagon from the dex. :(

Kuraikarasu

Isn't that Dandy?
I think Serena/Calem and the player are the main rivals of the game, and since Shauna likes to know how's doing the player in its journey, I think she'll be more recurrent than the other two. And since Tierno wants to improve his dance skills and Trevor wants to complete the Pokédex, they can't follow the same road unless they want to mess up the other's dream. But yes, I think Shauna's gonna more be on the player's side (look at her cheerful attitude toward the player, even giving it a sweet nickname) and the counterpart, since they will basically be rivals.

OH MY ARCEUS! I just realized, if GF wants this to be about connections with other people, what better way then with a love interest. Think about, Shauna is very cheerful around the player (but then again this could mean nothing since i'm cheerful around my bros all the time, but i digress) and she seems to have more of a connection with them, and with serena in the mix, LOVE TRIANGLE GALORE.

Shauna gets jealous, thinking that YOU are more attracted to Serena because look at her she's pretty, confident, and a better battler than she. Shauna in a desperate attempt to gain your affections joins team_______, with the promise of more power. Serena ends up helping you to slowly dismantle the team on your travels, causing you both to grow ever closer, driving Shauna further and further over the brink as she realizes her "love" is drifting away from her. So, as you both battle the team for the last time, she reveals to have been your evil twin sister Juandisimo working for the evil team this whole time and confesses her love to you.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
It seems rather random to just show Alexa, I'm sure she has some important role. I can see her appearing in various locations, but she looks rather tame to be the Champion. She might be an Elite Four member, or possibly help you with the evil team.

She's going to be in the animé as the first X and Y character, thats why she's being revealed early. I think she might pop up on your journey documenting the news about the evil team or something.

storm12

Weather Bearer
Viola is a family of butterflies. I looked it up on Wikipedia.

Ah right, thanks :)

though I also did a bit of Wiki digging and Viola is also a genus of plants that contains the violets and PANSIES :D so their names make sense in Japanese, as the plant theme thing- though Alexa is a little more different; there is a genus of legumes called Alexa- though why would she be named for beans?

Viola is likely a pun on the butterfly genus too though- her being a bug Leader :)

I think we got it :p

Kuraikarasu

Isn't that Dandy?
Yeah, this is still a kid's game.

Also people can play as chicks.
if you play as a female it turn into shauna trying to come to terms with her identity, and this drives her to join the evil team since she knows you could never feel the same for her, same ending different road

Nockturne

if you play as a female it turn into shauna trying to come to terms with her identity, and this drives her to join the evil team since she knows you could never feel the same for her, same ending different road

Still Pokémon. Still never going to happen.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I still hope we get to Triple Battle with your friends at some point, maybe against the evil team generals, if the regional team does have generals. I'm still very excited for the new characters of Pokemon. At this point I care more about new characters then the new Pokemon. I don't know why, but I do. New characters are fun, and the Kalos Kids despite only being around for like a day, have really grown on me.

Kuraikarasu

Isn't that Dandy?
Still Pokémon. Still never going to happen.

would still be fun though :D
none the less i'm wondering about why it has taken them so long to reveal the pokemon professor? shouldnt they have been shown by now? why the big secret?

gpt11

would still be fun though :D
none the less i'm wondering about why it has taken them so long to reveal the pokemon professor? shouldnt they have been shown by now? why the big secret?

I am starting to think there is no professor in this game as you get your Pokedex of the Ginger Kid which doesn't make sense to me

Also the Starter Selection Screen doesn't look like its in a Lab its all white so im thinking you just choose your starter when you choose your gender, skin colour and name

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I think the clues to which starters Tierno, Shauna, & Trevor get (if they get any) are in their hair:
  • The front swish in Trevor's hair looks similar to the red tufts of fur that come out of Fennekin's hair
  • The two buns on Shauna look about the same shape as Froakie's eyes
  • Tierno's hair has three tips just as Chespin's head has three spikes

As for Serena/Calem, he'd/she'd just get the one that's strong against the one you picked

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I love how Serena has automatically be given the rival role instead of a possible player on this Serebi forum XD it must be strange to call Calem a possible rival, huh? Does this make her the first official full time girl rival then?

skittlepup

Braixen is MINE ;)
Four rivals in one game - this really shakes things up. I'm more excited now since I saw the video earlier today.

I only wonder one thing, though - if there are five friends/rivals, and only three starters, does that mean two won't get official Grass-Fire-Water starters? Maybe the two left over will get the two starters from Yellow - Eevee and Pikachu! <---- I claim that theory.

Colton S

Beware Bewear
I do wonder about how the whole group of friends thing will work out. I think it is weird how Trevor just has 4 PokeDexes on hand. He could be like the Professor's son.
But who knows who will get the 3 starters.

skittlepup

Braixen is MINE ;)
I do wonder about how the whole group of friends thing will work out. I think it is weird how Trevor just has 4 PokeDexes on hand. He could be like the Professor's son.
But who knows who will get the 3 starters.
I'm assuming that your neighbor (the opposite gender player character) and Shauna will get the leftover starters - your counterpart will get the strong one and Shauna will get the weaker one.

Shauna asks to call you by a nickname.... that is awesome.

burdenedatlas

Does anyone else think that it is odd that when Serena/Calem play the role of one of your rivals, they don't have a hat? I guess it isn't a huge deal, but it does bother me just a little. I have become so accustomed to their official artwork, which includes their hats, that it just throws me off. I realize that with character customization, I should have more of an open mind. I'm sure I will get over it. The games look awesome regardless. Most excited I have been about Pokemon game in years!

Tickle Me Cooper

A Black Protagonist
I honestly don't think that anyone besides the player and Serena/Calem will get a started. Tierno, Shauna, and Trevor seem to be three equally important trainers who's interests aren't strictly battling, so I don't think Gamefreak would choose a "favorite" to get a starter. That being said, it makes even less sense for them to ALL have a starter. Firstly, one starter will be left out anyway, and secondly there are two duplicates. Also, starters are supposed to be rare. In theory, you're supposed to be LUCKY to have gotten one. They aren't this plentiful bunch, rich in supply. Having multiple in one game owned by characters this important ruins the individuality of both the Pokemon AND the trainer.

No, I think Tierno, Shauna, and Trevor will have their own Pokemon that aren't starters. Notice how Tierno is wearing a shirt with a Vanillite and Shauna bears a resemblance to a Gothorita. I wouldn't be surprised if those two got Pokemon from that line and Trevor got a Pokemon from Kalos that he was designed to have traits of. Or maybe he get's a Porygon. Maybe a Ralts. (Which is sort of resembles, though wally had one) Maybe even Fletchling.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Maybe the professor doesn't play as big a role in this game. Kind of like in BW2 how we didn't see much of Prof. Juniper until we reached Mistralton City.

Look like I was right about this. Trevor seems to take the "professor" role in this game.

Also, I have a feeling that Alexa is probably a more significant character later in the game. Possibly even the Champion?

Tickle Me Cooper

A Black Protagonist
Look like I was right about this. Trevor seems to take the "professor" role in this game.

Also, I have a feeling that Alexa is probably a more significant character later in the game. Possibly even the Champion?

I don't think so. In the anime, she has a Helioptile. Not very intimidating. Plus why reveal the champion in the anime before they've even traveled to a new region? I think she'll just be an NPC like Fennel or Looker. Just someone there for plot or to introduce a new feature, like mounting Pokemon.

She's from Lumious. She owns a Gogoat. You ride a Gogoat. The Gogoat supposedly isn't yours. Math.

skittlepup

Braixen is MINE ;)
Does anyone else think that it is odd that when Serena/Calem play the role of one of your rivals, they don't have a hat? I guess it isn't a huge deal, but it does bother me just a little. I have become so accustomed to their official artwork, which includes their hats, that it just throws me off. I realize that with character customization, I should have more of an open mind. I'm sure I will get over it. The games look awesome regardless. Most excited I have been about Pokemon game in years!
I noticed that the first or second time I viewed the video. I guess the "hat" is possibly like Ash's hat in the way that he is the main character of the Anime... so the main character of X & Y wears a hat and the opposite-gender counterpart doesn't to show their role as a supporting character?

Status
Not open for further replies.