• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Characters Speculation/Discussion Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

absolfusion

Soon.......
Hopefully we won't be forced to care about our rival's (or his sister's) stolen Pokemon from many years ago. It's something I couldn't have cared less about in BW2.

Those pokemon weren't stolen though. They were wild pokemon that N caught just for a little while then released

Edit: Woops misread that XD

Underachiever007

So, assuming Gen VI carries on the Gen V tradition of giving each Gym Leader their own profession/job, what do you think would be some cool jobs for these Gym Leaders to have? I think it'll be pretty neat if we get a GL who is also a cop, or a detective. Maybe the head of a police department, I dunno.

Ditto24

So, assuming Gen VI carries on the Gen V tradition of giving each Gym Leader their own profession/job, what do you think would be some cool jobs for these Gym Leaders to have? I think it'll be pretty neat if we get a GL who is also a cop, or a detective. Maybe the head of a police department, I dunno.

Police Officer would be cool, what type would they have?? Fire??

I'd like a classic farmer for a Grass leader :D

lavanda

Really feeling it
Happy for having a female bug-type leader, sad for it being the first gym. I was hoping for a late bug-type gym this time.
As for the player's friends, I hope the opposite-gender character is the only actual rival, and that we only get to battle the others once or twice.
But what I want more than anyting is a female evil team leader.

Ditto24

Happy for having a female bug-type leader, sad for it being the first gym. I was hoping for a late bug-type gym this time.
As for the player's friends, I hope the opposite-gender character is the only actual rival, and that we only get to battle the others once or twice.
But what I want more than anyting is a female evil team leader.

I think Calem/Serena will be the only one we fight, or we'll only battle the other 3 once or twice.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Wouldn't a cop/detective Gym Leader be inconvenient to trainers? I mean they'd probably be so busy that they wouldn't have much time to be at their Gym. I don't particularly care about the professions that Kalos Gym Leaders may have. If I had my way though, they wouldn't all have extra jobs. Being a Gym Leader is already a big responsibility and I hope they focus more on that than on other things.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
Well the one we already got seems to do something with video-recording, so there's that. I think they'll give each Gym leader something to do with art or something along the lines. The Unova Gym Leaders had jobs because it was a symbol to the working class in the USA, which is why a lot of them had generic jobs (Mayor, cook, construction manager, Piolet, teacher).

Underachiever007

Wouldn't a cop/detective Gym Leader be inconvenient to trainers? I mean they'd probably be so busy that they wouldn't have much time to be at their Gym. I don't particularly care about the professions that Kalos Gym Leaders may have. If I had my way though, they wouldn't all have extra jobs. Being a Gym Leader is already a big responsibility and I hope they focus more on that than on other things.

Well, you'd think the mayor of a city would be too busy to be available as a gym leader a lot of the time, and yet we have Drayden. Also, Giovanni seems to be pretty busy with his whole 'running an evil organization' thing and he's still a gym leader. In the Pokemon world, people always seem to have time for a Pokemon battle. Besides, this hypothetical cop gym leader could be the police commissioner in a small town that doesn't see much crime.

Kuraikarasu

Isn't that Dandy?
Well, you'd think the mayor of a city would be too busy to be available as a gym leader a lot of the time, and yet we have Drayden. Also, Giovanni seems to be pretty busy with his whole 'running an evil organization' thing and he's still a gym leader. In the Pokemon world, people always seem to have time for a Pokemon battle. Besides, this hypothetical cop gym leader could be the police commissioner in a small town that doesn't see much crime.

and then team ___________ goes on a crime spree in said town

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
I'm wondering why Tierno seems to have what appears to be a Poketech, and Sena looks like she has a Vs. Seeker on her purse.

SoulsOfSilver

Does anyone have any ideas for what Pokemon that Tierno, Trevor and Shauna could have? I mean, I assume that Callum/Serena will pick the starter that has an advantage to yours, but we still have three rivals left and only one more starter.

Do you think that maybe they have early-game Pokemon with three evolution stages? (ie- something like Pidgey or Shinx)

Or maybe something completely different?

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Does anyone have any ideas for what Pokemon that Tierno, Trevor and Shauna could have? I mean, I assume that Callum/Serena will pick the starter that has an advantage to yours, but we still have three rivals left and only one more starter.

Do you think that maybe they have early-game Pokemon with three evolution stages? (ie- something like Pidgey or Shinx)

No nothing of that sort was revealed, I'm going to assume at some point Tierno will want to have a Vanilittle if he can capture one since he seems to be a fan, otherwise no idea.

I think with the big dex split into 3 parts they can all get good diferent teams, they will probably give two to each at the start to get them started and then only later start completing their teams after having access to more pokemon.

lavanda

Really feeling it

I think Shauna is gonna get the other starter, while Tierno and Trevor will already have Pokémon before the game's beginning (Trevor looks more experienced, while it seems reasonable for Tierno to already have something since he is into that dance stuff).

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I found this on /vp/. Does it seem reasonable at all to you guys?

>Tierno, the fat rival, intends to create a dance team with his Pokemon
>Tierno is picked on by his friends because of his weight. He is from the Unova region, and they say it is typical of people from there.
>They pick on him even more when they find out he is more interested in forming a dance team then being a serious trainer
>Since there are only three starters, one of his friends receives a normal type Pokemon while he received a Lotad. Tierno loses horribly because the only move his Lotad knows is Astonish.
>As he travels Kalos Tierno is mocked for his dream of dancing with Pokemon and everyone laughs at his weight.
>Tierno nonetheless continues to try to train to become a great dancer
>Though he battles on the side, Tierno's main goal is still dancing. He finds some more Lotad like his own, and decides to make a team of dancing Lotad with them. His friends laugh at him because it is not a balanced team for a good trainer, but Tierno doesn't care because battling isn't important to him.
>When the player has battled Tierno a few times, it becomes apparent that he has great talent and could become a seriously skilled trainer were that his goal.
>Every time the player meets Tierno, he has progressed in his goal to become a star dancer with his Pokemon. He has worked out, each time becoming slimmer and more stylish.
>Regardless, Tierno's friends and the people of Kalos won't let him forget the weight problems he used to have and still laugh at his goals
>Tierno tries to act friendly and exuberant still, but becomes bitter towards the people of Kalos and has begun hanging out with criminals.
>As he spends more time with criminals, Tierno has to become a better trainer, and his natural talent at battling shows, allowing him to become a high-ranking member of the evil team
>Tierno has finally been able to balance pokemon battling with his dancing dream, becoming an incredible powerful trainer and a star dancer
>When the player last meets Tierno, he has become skinny and incredibly stylish, even sporting a large afro.
>Once the evil team is disbanded, Tierno has no real sincere friends in Kalos and moves back to America, but rather than Unova he goes to Orre.
>Already having criminal experience with the Kalos evil team, he joins a criminal syndicate in Orre, and becomes one of the admins
>He continues to dance, and his status as a star dancer makes a popular public identity for his organization to use to gain the people's trust. He leaves his past behind and goes by his stage name.
>Like all the XY rivals, Tierno has his own battle music
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAHHFc-gIeI

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor

>Tierno, the fat rival, intends to create a dance team with his Pokemon
>Tierno is picked on by his friends because of his weight. He is from the Unova region, and they say it is typical of people from there.
>They pick on him even more when they find out he is more interested in forming a dance team then being a serious trainer
>Since there are only three starters, one of his friends receives a normal type Pokemon while he received a Lotad. Tierno loses horribly because the only move his Lotad knows is Astonish.
>As he travels Kalos Tierno is mocked for his dream of dancing with Pokemon and everyone laughs at his weight.
>Tierno nonetheless continues to try to train to become a great dancer
>Though he battles on the side, Tierno's main goal is still dancing. He finds some more Lotad like his own, and decides to make a team of dancing Lotad with them. His friends laugh at him because it is not a balanced team for a good trainer, but Tierno doesn't care because battling isn't important to him.
>When the player has battled Tierno a few times, it becomes apparent that he has great talent and could become a seriously skilled trainer were that his goal.
>Every time the player meets Tierno, he has progressed in his goal to become a star dancer with his Pokemon. He has worked out, each time becoming slimmer and more stylish.
>Regardless, Tierno's friends and the people of Kalos won't let him forget the weight problems he used to have and still laugh at his goals
>Tierno tries to act friendly and exuberant still, but becomes bitter towards the people of Kalos and has begun hanging out with criminals.
>As he spends more time with criminals, Tierno has to become a better trainer, and his natural talent at battling shows, allowing him to become a high-ranking member of the evil team
>Tierno has finally been able to balance pokemon battling with his dancing dream, becoming an incredible powerful trainer and a star dancer
>When the player last meets Tierno, he has become skinny and incredibly stylish, even sporting a large afro.
>Once the evil team is disbanded, Tierno has no real sincere friends in Kalos and moves back to America, but rather than Unova he goes to Orre.
>Already having criminal experience with the Kalos evil team, he joins a criminal syndicate in Orre, and becomes one of the admins
>He continues to dance, and his status as a star dancer makes a popular public identity for his organization to use to gain the people's trust. He leaves his past behind and goes by his stage name.
>Like all the XY rivals, Tierno has his own battle music
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAHHFc-gIeI

I dunno, guys. It seems like it could be pretty good character development for him. Giving Tierno a story like that could prove to be a valuable aesop in terms of the harmful effects of stereotyping and bullying, and it could help show that even fat people have hopes and dreams just like the rest of us.

Besides, I'd love for the Lotad line to be confirmed for the Kalos Regional Dex. Water/Grass is a pretty unique type combo, and it's a shame they didn't come back for Sinnoh. Kalos definitely looks like it's got the geography to contain it.

Last edited:

confuser987

I dunno, guys. It seems like it could be pretty good character development for him. Giving Tierno a story like that could prove to be a valuable aesop in terms of the harmful effects of stereotyping and bullying, and it could help show that even fat people have hopes and dreams just like the rest of us.

Besides, I'd love for the Lotad line to be confirmed for the Kalos Regional Dex. Water/Grass is a pretty unique type combo, and it's a shame they didn't come back for Sinnoh. Kalos definitely looks like it's got the geography to contain it.

Although this post is trolling, I do feel that another game of Orre would be great. We already have Hidden Abilities through Dream World and Hidden Grottos. GF can earn 'lots of money if they release a side-game that makes some HA pokemon available like starter ones.

SkittySkitty

Team Cutie's leader
Hopefully we won't be forced to care about our rival's (or his sister's) stolen Pokemon from many years ago. It's something I couldn't have cared less about in BW2.

If someone stole something that someone closed to you loved, how would you react? o: i loved the story in B2W2

Last edited:

lavanda

Really feeling it
If someone stole something someone closed to you loved how would you react? o: i loved the story in B2W2
Can't say B2W2 story was great, especially compared to BW. But I like Hugh's story, don't have anything against it too.

StarSurgeX

☆ I'm The Captain
I love the idea of having a group of friends instead of one or 2 rivals and the other playable character also being included

Status
Not open for further replies.