• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Characters Speculation/Discussion Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flame Mistress

Yes. One that's a serious rival. One that gives you a run for your PokeDollars.
I think I'd like a childhood friend rival who's a quiet, calm, and very intelligent sort of girl who's always having to teach you things will be interesting, too. Serious, but not a total jerk.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
I think I'd like a childhood friend rival who's a quiet, calm, and very intelligent sort of girl who's always having to teach you things will be interesting, too. Serious, but not a total jerk.

Like a female Cheren?I want one who seems nice[not weak] but who turns up to be this evil,creepy girl

GalladeofSpades

Imaginative 24/7
Maybe the rival[female] is this evil genious who wants to destroy all humanity...

I SECOND THIS WHOLEHEARTEDLY.

... Well... either the rival turns out to be the villain or the professor who gives you the pokémon does. I wonder what tree they'll be using this time.

Flame Mistress

Like a female Cheren?I want one who seems nice[not weak] but who turns up to be this evil,creepy girl

Well, uh, looks like my description ended up that way... =/

Maybe a Genki Girl who turns out to be the daughter of the leader of the evil team, and was monitoring you for whatever information they needed? Now that would be interesting.

Skycross

It would be cool to see a rival/ or professor that shows up nice and such at first, but for whatever reasons in game, they turn out to be one of the main antagonist(s).

Manene!

I feel like we've had too many rivals like that. We've had two jerk rivals: Blue and Silver. We've had tons of friendly/helpful rivals. Brendan/May, Wally, Barry, Cheren, Belle, Hugh. Not to mention characters like Ethan/Lyla and Lucas/Dawn who helpf you along the way. I wouldn't mind a secondary rival who's helpful/friendly, but I want the main one to be a girl with a powerful team that will drag you all across the region.

Zecaomes

Hey Scotty,Jesus Man
I want a female rival. And not like it was in Gen 3 in which your rival is the other playable, I want a rival, like Bianca, but meaner

Manene!

Well, uh, looks like my description ended up that way... =/

Maybe a Genki Girl who turns out to be the daughter of the leader of the evil team, and was monitoring you for whatever information they needed? Now that would be interesting.
I think having the nice/friendly rival be the son/daughter of the leader of the evil team would be an interesting twist. Even if they're not aware of it. Or if they are and it turns out that they're not so nice. Or maybe they have a change of heart in the end and help you? It add some cool depth to not only the rival character, but also to the evil team leader.

Flame Mistress

I feel like we've had too many rivals like that. We've had two jerk rivals: Blue and Silver. We've had tons of friendly/helpful rivals. Brendan/May, Wally, Barry, Cheren, Belle, Hugh. Not to mention characters like Ethan/Lyla and Lucas/Dawn who helpf you along the way. I wouldn't mind a secondary rival who's helpful/friendly, but I want the main one to be a girl with a powerful team that will drag you all across the region.

What do you mean by "drag you all across the region"? I don't understand the personality you're going for here.

Flame Mistress

The rival shall be your very fabulous friend who lives in a big mansion next to your small one. He is friendly, yet his ego is big.

Also, the new evil team shall be Team Croissant.

Maybe he could be a very feminine-looking boy, too. And be ambiguously gay.

Team Croissant would try to... uh... destroy all source of food except for croissants? =/

I really hope with the 3D model format that the mirror appearing in the trailer was a hint at customization. Pokémon is a global game and I think it would be cool for everyone to finally have their gameplay characters representative of the person they are. Even if it's as simple as hair colour and skin tone I'm happy!

I myself have always played with my Pokémon character 'Jo' a female. Jo has never been blonde and I would like it if I could change that, I don't mind if I can't the designs seem pretty cool. I do NOT like the sunglasses though! So corny!

Really looking forward to official art being released :D

Pasque

It's hard to tell what the protagonists are gonna be like just from those few rapid clips.

I'm hoping for a straightforward rival, one who's just a jerk or a bully even. A childhood bully!
It'll make curb-stomping them more enjoyable.

Flame Mistress

It's hard to tell what the protagonists are gonna be like just from those few rapid clips.

I'm hoping for a straightforward rival, one who's just a jerk or a bully even. A childhood bully!
It'll make curb-stomping them more enjoyable.

Meh, I don't like bullies as rivals. Makes them more of an enemy than a true rival.

How about a rival who's really rich, has generally posh-themed Pokemon, and is proud and slightly arrogant, but is also a bit of a ditz as well as pretty sheltered due to his pampered background, and genuinely cares for their Pokemon?

Would be really cool if your 'rival' was a sibling, like a twin brother/sister or something. Then there's a reason for the rivalry and the friendship also!

Pasque

Meh, I don't like bullies as rivals. Makes them more of an enemy than a true rival.

How about a rival who's really rich, has generally posh-themed Pokemon, and is proud and slightly arrogant, but is also a bit of a ditz as well as pretty sheltered due to his pampered background, and genuinely cares for their Pokemon?

Oooh I do actually like that idea. And judging by some of the scenery in the trailer there appears to be some rich/high class buildings, so the rival would fit in with that setting.

And interestingly enough I said I'd like a childhood bully cause I'm tired of "friendly" rivals, but I'd still like there to be a personal background between the characters. Different tastes huh?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.

I know. They might go so far as to strip your clothes off while in public! Luckily, this never happened before!

...Wait.

Would be really cool if your 'rival' was a sibling, like a twin brother/sister or something. Then there's a reason for the rivalry and the friendship also!

I second this idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.