• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Characters Speculation/Discussion Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
I would seriously LOL if they made the main villain look like Marie Antoinette

Flame Mistress

Would be really cool if your 'rival' was a sibling, like a twin brother/sister or something. Then there's a reason for the rivalry and the friendship also!

But that would kinda destroy the sibling relationship, wouldn't it? Unless they're supposed to magically reconcile after some heartwarming speech at the end.

A female villain with a completely ridiculous and logic-defying hairdo would be nice.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Clothing customization makes sense for this game. With the European influence, it makes sense there'd be some focus on fashion.

I don't like this.. Europe =/= Fashion! Freaking annoying.. But apparently, most girls on here want character customization for some reason.. It's not as if it really matters at all.. I haven't once thought during the 15 odd years I've been playing these games: "Well.. I wish my character in red didn't wore a cap, but a bandana, because that's all so hot in fashion right now"

Get it out of the system people.. If customization enters the fold it will add nothing.. Even more worthless then musicals and contests.. But oh well, those were added for girls as well..

But that would kinda destroy the sibling relationship, wouldn't it? Unless they're supposed to magically reconcile after some heartwarming speech at the end.

Not really, I have 3 brothers and I could imagine nothing more cool than both going our separate ways on our individual Pokémon adventures and crossing paths every now and then and battling to show each other how far we've come, who's doing better and pushing myself to get better. I think it would be a great concept for the 'rival' personally!

SilverFox

So sly
I don't like this.. Europe =/= Fashion! Freaking annoying.. But apparently, most girls on here want character customization for some reason.. It's not as if it really matters at all.. I haven't once thought during the 15 odd years I've been playing these games: "Well.. I wish my character in red didn't wore a cap, but a bandana, because that's all so hot in fashion right now"

Get it out of the system people.. If customization enters the fold it will add nothing.. Even more worthless then musicals and contests.. But oh well, those were added for girls as well..

Three of the Four major fashion cities are in Europe. Paris, being one of them, so why wouldn' it have a little fashion element to it? We had a fashionable supermodel as a gym leader in Unova. I'm sure we will get something along the same lines here.

Flame Mistress

Not really, I have 3 brothers and I could imagine nothing more cool than both going our separate ways on our individual Pokémon adventures and crossing paths every now and then and battling to show each other how far we've come, who's doing better and pushing myself to get better. I think it would be a great concept for the 'rival' personally!
Well, I don't have any siblings myself, so I wouldn't know, but I suppose that could work.

Three of the Four major fashion cities are in Europe. Paris, being one of them, so why wouldn' it have a little fashion element to it? We had a fashionable supermodel as a gym leader in Unova. I'm sure we will get something along the same lines here.
Exactly. It'll fit in with the region's theme. Not to mention, character customisation adds some uniqueness to your character, too, which is always nice.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Hmm...Elesa returns as an Elite Four with hairy armpits^^

ryanthehuman

I am totally for a female villain/rival this gen. Since the region seems to based on France I'd like to see Fantina make an appearance similar to how Jasmine did in Sinnoh.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Fantina might be from this region XD. Customization would be pretty awesome. I just want a dark gym this region.

gliscor&yanmega

Pretty sure it's not a gender thing. I'm male and I certainly would like some freedom on what I look like. Pokemon is a game about freedom and playing the game as you like, being able to look how you want(Within reason and limitations) is perfectly reasonable. It's not like you have to customize your character if you don't want to, just like you don't have to do Musicals or Contests if you don't want to. It's there for those who want to do more and have some extra freedom in the game, not just for females of the franchise.

EDIT: And I don't even care for fashion and that, I just want to be bald for once. Plus the male character looks too much like Hilbert for me.

Jazz™

Not exactly Orthodox
That and the fact that he was wearing glasses. Seems like we could have some accessories to choose from.
This would make the game much more varied, and I really hope that this translates to actual physical features, like hair. BLONDE PROTAGONISTS FTW!

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

Yes, and Elesa was enough in my opinion.. Three out of four.. Good lord.. :| Just the thought alone all gives me shudders.. Because of that you think that fashion NEEDS to be incorporated into Pokemon?? This is spiralling out of control people.. Pokemon is not about clothes!

Status
Not open for further replies.