• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Characters Speculation/Discussion Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverFox

So sly
Yes, and Elesa was enough in my opinion.. Three out of four.. Good lord.. :| Just the thought alone all gives me shudders.. Because of that you think that fashion NEEDS to be incorporated into Pokemon?? This is spiralling out of control people.. Pokemon is not about clothes!

I didn't say we needed it. I said that it's more than likely we will get it. But I will say that I wouldn't mind it if we did have customization. In fact, I would love it. I love creating my own characters.

Flame Mistress

Yes, and Elesa was enough in my opinion.. Three out of four.. Good lord.. :| Just the thought alone all gives me shudders.. Because of that you think that fashion NEEDS to be incorporated into Pokemon?? This is spiralling out of control people.. Pokemon is not about clothes!

It's still a fun, creative, harmless, and completely optional feature that could easily be incorporated into the games.

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
Not sure what to think of the new player character(s?). I do think they might go with the 'customize your own character' thing people seem to be suggesting. Part of me likes and dislikes that. I liked most of the player character designs in the past and the boy here seems underwhelming. I'm also not liking how the female character was downplayed in the trailer. But oh well.

Personally i feel..that the male trainer is a bit too similar to the previous male lead but still..the charcters look really cool :D

Zorgaz

Veteran
I can't say i care much about character personalization but i do think it is time for them to incorporate it after 5 generations, just make it optional.

Manene!

I don't like this.. Europe =/= Fashion! Freaking annoying.. But apparently, most girls on here want character customization for some reason.. It's not as if it really matters at all.. I haven't once thought during the 15 odd years I've been playing these games: "Well.. I wish my character in red didn't wore a cap, but a bandana, because that's all so hot in fashion right now"

Get it out of the system people.. If customization enters the fold it will add nothing.. Even more worthless then musicals and contests.. But oh well, those were added for girls as well..
Wow, between this and saying "Pokemon: Turning queerer by the generation.. " in another thread... you can stop at any time now. You really need to educate yourself because you sound super ignorant.

I hope they introduce a flamboyant, male fashion designer as the Champion. Wouldn't that be cool?

Aegon

I can't say I'm a fan of the player characters' designs. The male looks like a less interesting Hillbert or Nate. Was a clear shot of the female shown?

SilverFox

So sly
I hope they introduce a flamboyant, male fashion designer as the Champion. Wouldn't that be cool?

Well there was Wallace. ;)

He'd fit in well in this new region. Wallace and Fantina need to show up together.

Manene!

I can't say I'm a fan of the player characters' designs. The male looks like a less interesting Hillbert or Nate. Was a clear shot of the female shown?
Not really. She's shown running and she's wearing a red skirt, red, jacket/vest, with some white sleeves and a red hat. Then another time she was waring the red skirt and hat with what looked like a black sweater. Hopefully the official art for them pops up soon.

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer

Kinda, she reminded me of Blue/Leaf for some reason.

misunderstoodhero

The rival shall be your very fabulous friend who lives in a big mansion next to your small one. He is friendly, yet his ego is big.

Also, the new evil team shall be Team Croissant.

This kinda matches the rival idea I was working on for Pokemon Games I was designing for fun and to use in my artwork portfolio.

Nobody cares, but I'm going to ramble on about the idea now :D

Essentially the rival was a girl who's "default" name is Oregon. She lives in a mansion on the outskirts of town. Her father owns the regions equivalent to the Department Store, and her mother is a very well known contest judge. She also has very well-off relatives such as her uncle being a member of the Elite Four.

Due her upbringing and family history, she feels the need to prove herself, and wishes to do so by becoming a Dex holder and taking the Pokemon Challenge. She's not overtly mean or nasty to you, but she quite obviously looks down her nose at you and is very "entitled" and expects her journey to be easy, like it's written in the stars for her to be the best trainer ever. She doesn't even catch her Pokemon, they're all gifts from rich relatives.

Depending on the results of your battles with her, she will come to respect you more and learn that she needs to improve as a trainer solely on her own efforts, not by the resources of others. As such, the last Pokemon to enter her team is caught by herself (Also, it's the only Pokemon that changes depending on your starter, other then her own starter of course)

Obviously as I was working that idea, it's something I'd like to see, and I think it could fit what appears to be a French based Region quite well.

Regardless of personality though i think the next rival needs to be
- Female, regardless of player gender
- To be respectively tough opponent. Not enough that they wipe the floor with you, but assuming that some players will be very young she needs to pose around a threat to players of average skill who haven't overleveled their pokemon.
- Scaling difficulty based on your Won/Loss ratio against her, and her Pokemons levels slightly scale to match your own (No more then five levels though)
- Finally, a Loss should be a loss. If you lose against her, you don't get that battle again, and the story acknowledges that she won.

Oh and like everyone else seems to be mentioning, a female villain would be nice.

725roy

ambivolent
I think this is the first time we've had a blonde female protagonist!

As for Characters... the evil team will most likely have something to do with the DNA of pokemon due to the logos and names of the game. X and Y are both chromosomes that determine almost everything in DNA... they shall be called "Team Colleuse" (French for Splicer, y'know like DNA splicers).

Sonicmfc

With the focus appearing to be Fashion, I have a feeling we'll get to see Elesa in all her 3d glory XD
Along with customisation, It's a no brainer that they'll be releasing dlc costumes based on previous characters, easy easy money for them.

Manna

Rockin' the Suburbs
With the focus appearing to be Fashion, I have a feeling we'll get to see Elesa in all her 3d glory XD
Along with customisation, It's a no brainer that they'll be releasing dlc costumes based on previous characters, easy easy money for them.

I believe they said they wouldn't do that with this series.

SilverFox

So sly
Looking at the picture in Sonicmfc's sig line...look at the height difference between the two trainers waiting for the mc to come. That is awesome!!! Also look at how the had doesn't really fit on the MC head like it was placed there, which adds more evidence to customization.

Argon Wartortle

Farewell, SPPF...
That and the fact that he was wearing glasses. Seems like we could have some accessories to choose from.

I like that idea. I hope they give you the option of changing hair colour, height and hairstyle so that I can make my character an ingame version of ME!!!!

misunderstoodhero

Would like character customization too.

If I had to take a wild stab in the dark, I'd guess the league trainers were something like this.

Pokemon Gyms
1. Poison
2. Bug
3. Fight
4. Fire
5. Grass
6. Ice
7. Dark
8. Psychic

Elite Four
1. Water
2. Electric
3. Flying
4. Steel

Also, Elite Four need to be battle-able in any order again. One of the best decisions about B/W in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.