1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Characters Speculation/Discussion Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by bobandbill, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arcticwolf10

Arcticwolf10 Well-Known Member

Does Valerie remind anyone else of Yukiko from Persona 4?

2. Odious

Odious あなたは馬鹿

Dear god I knew she looked like someone a little bit, maybe just maybe...she uses a Persona during the battle..

3. Arcticwolf10

Arcticwolf10 Well-Known Member

Shame we don't have any Fire/Fairy types lol I blame the hair and wing sleeves

4. applemania

applemania Well-Known Member

Since Clemont (Citron) and Grant (Zakuro) both have fruit names in the Japanese version (Citron means Lemon in French, Zakuro is Japanese for Pomegranate) I hope some of the other gym leaders follow suit. Maybe one of them is on this list I compiled (no idea if any are used as names, but apparently Zakuro is an old Japanese name)
    Fruit- Japanese/ French
    Apple- Ringo/ Pomme
    Apricot- Anzu/......
    Blueberry- ......./ Myrtille
    Cherry - Sakurando/ Cerise
    Mandarin- Mikan/.......
    Peach - Momo/ Peche
    Pear - Nashi/ Poire
    Persimmon- Kaki/........
    Plum - Ume/ Prune
    Raspberry - Kiichigo/ Framboise
    Strawberry - Ichigo/ Fraise
    Watermelon- Suika/ Pasteque

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  5. 725roy

725roy ambivolent

I knew she reminded me of someone!

6. SilverFox

SilverFox So sly

Jasmine is Mikan.
    Janine is Anzu

7. hydrosharp_98

hydrosharp_98 27/02/96

I know it's farfetch'd (pun intended), but after watching Pokemon Origins I could really see Red making an appearance. And so glad that Fuji'n mess (again, pun intended) was cleared up. Professor Fuji gave Red, in a Gen 1 timeline, Charizardite X! If that's not reason enough to appear, I don't know what is for Fuji...
    And Red having MegaCharizard X and the whole thing being aired so close to XY release seems great, I know it won't happen but heck, we can wish can't we?

8. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I just realized that we don't have all the Japanese Gym Leader names. It's so weird because we usually get them first, but now the exact opposite has happened since the English names were leaked before those. If I remember correctly the Japanese Gym Leader names are based on plants so it's very possible that the fruit trend will continue.

9. Räven Velish

Räven Velish black lives matter

Who are all the gym leaders? And is the romance thing real?

10. ianflowforever

ianflowforever Coordinator Plus

Wow, our male gym leaders are varied.
    Gotta say Wulfric is kinda just bearishly cute!

So now we have Sycamore and Wulfric, major cuties!

11. diakyu

diakyu Well-Known Member

Kinda....
    It is Shauna. But it's nothing serious, she just says things that alludes to it (things like "I've never watched fireworks with a boy before"). It's unknown if it's still her for the female protag.

12. jonnyc

jonnyc Well-Known Member

Burgh is definitely at least metrosexual. I just dislike how he plays off of the gay artist stereotype. And how he's too fabulous. Too much jazz hands.

Anyway it'd be pretty awkward if the game asked "What's you're gender. Oh and by the way, are you gay?" It's not quite necessary to please all the minorities, I guess GF is keeping everything simpler for now. It'd be a hassle to represent every mixed-race skin tone and albinism and sexuality. It's a stretch just to release straight relationships.

13. Charninja

Charninja New Member

Hey...

Fantina from gen IV is Frenchy...

Kalos basically is France...

I'm looking at Olympia here... And Fantina...

Hmmm... Sisters?

14. Blazios

Blazios Well-Known Member

Fantina speaks English in the Japanese version, not French.

15. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Aside from the fact that Fantina originally spoke English in the Japanese versions of D/P/Pt, I just realized who Olympia reminded me of. I kept thinking she looked like Argenta and while I still see some similarities between their designs, she really does resemble Fantina more. I suppose it's possible that they just look alike without being related kind of like Agatha and Bertha (I don't think it was ever confirmed that they were related).

16. FicKel

FicKel Active Member

Like 1 person said, the player character could either be paired with Serena or Shauna if they're a guy or Calem or Trevor/Tierno if they're a girl depending on their interactions.

17. Underachiever007

Underachiever007 Well-Known Member

Here you go, all the gym leaders: http://imgur.com/a/zGGUL#0

18. Wulava

Wulava Gotta catch some of 'em! Staff Member Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.