• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Characters Speculation/Discussion Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Discuss the known characters of Pokemon X and Y here!

All posts, speculation or not, should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. Also, one-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered SPAM, deleted and you will be possibly infracted.

Let's promote a worthwhile discussion!

So far, all that are known (besides NPC overworld sprites) are the two protagonists.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
The protagonists seem to be of the older variant again. This didn't really add much for me in BW, other then Cheren being a gymleader two years later being a reasonable decision. Aside from this, I'm just wondering how that guy's wardrobe will translate to Ash in the animé..

Ver-mont

I liked the girl protagonist better.

The boy looks just like a blander version of Hilbert.

Axel.

The protagonists seem to be of the older variant again. This didn't really add much for me in BW, other then Cheren being a gymleader two years later being a reasonable decision. Aside from this, I'm just wondering how that guy's wardrobe will translate to Ash in the animé..

The main protagonist's clothes were way too similar to Hilbert's. Maybe I'm thinking too much into this but I guess that was their way of saying that we'll be able to customize our character's clothes.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
The main protagonist's clothes were way too similar to Hilbert's. Maybe I'm thinking too much into this but I guess that was their way of saying that we'll be able to customize our character's clothes.
Aha, I was just thinking the same thing, only difference I can spot are the glasses on his head. Couldn't take a good look into the female character though.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Yeah,maybe they showed the default version of the characters and we can customize them^^

Phoopes

There it is.
Yeah, I immediately thought character customization because the male protagonist was standing in front of a mirror in the trailer. Wonder what that will entail, if it does happen?

Axel.

Yeah, I immediately thought character customization because the male protagonist was standing in front of a mirror in the trailer. Wonder what that will entail, if it does happen?

That and the fact that he was wearing glasses. Seems like we could have some accessories to choose from.

Shadow_Zorua

Triple Cherry Bomb!!
Yeah,maybe they showed the default version of the characters and we can customize them^^
Now that would be cool. It does make sense though, because like Phoopes just said, the male character was standing in front of a mirror.

For me, the male character looks like Hilbert except with glasses on his hat. I actually like the female more this time, which is good 'cause I am a girl. Lovin' the hair and dress.

Undivide

I don't like the playable characters all that much. They seem pretty childlike, even moreso than the PreDS games.
I'm kind of hoping that Gamefreak edits them a bit to look older, but that's just my personal preference.
I would love a character customization system though.

Manene!

Clothing customization makes sense for this game. With the European influence, it makes sense there'd be some focus on fashion.

gliscor&yanmega

The characters are probably the thing I like least about the games(Besides it not being released right now and me playing it right now), I don't hate them or anything though, it's overall something I just have to get used to since it's pretty different for me.

I do find the Male player character to be kind of disappointing though, as others have mentioned about him looking like Hilbert or whatever, I think that bag is the exact same too. I wont care in the end. I do hope there is some level of customizing at least...so I can finally be bald in the games.

Interested to see how the Gym Leaders and non-clones look like.

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
I just hope that everyone doesn't look the same. coz in 3d that would look really bad. They should maybe have a different face or something.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
In the shot with the tower,it looks like the male character is skating...I think we'll have rollerblades^^

ludiloco

Too soon to talk about the characters, but if we can customize I gonna try to make them similar to previous protagonists xD

Flame Mistress

Maybe you'll be able to buy clothes and accessories for your character in a department store or something similar? That would be interesting. I can't see any other reason why a mirror would be present in the game, other than to enable customisation.

Crystal Power

I couldn't really see how he looks but from what I could. I like the male playable character design and clothes. Couldn't see the female that well. Does anyone have screenshots of the two? I hope we get official artwork of them soon.

Also am I the only one wishing and hoping for more Black characters this Gen? Seeing as Gen V was the first to introduce Black characters. If you are what kind of designs are you hoping for? I want a girl, dark skin, and pink hair. Or what kind of gym leaders are you hoping for in general (Not just Black character). A dark type Gym would be perfect!

Manene!

Too soon to talk about the characters, but if we can customize I gonna try to make them similar to previous protagonists xD
They'd probablly make a lot of money selling skins that are based on previous characters. Easy payed DLC.

Maybe you'll be able to buy clothes and accessories for your character in a department store or something similar? That would be interesting. I can't see any other reason why a mirror would be present in the game, other than to enable customisation.
That would be cool. Like a little boutique in Paris? Pokemon Fashion Week where you can buy clothes?

I just hope that everyone doesn't look the same. coz in 3d that would look really bad. They should maybe have a different face or something.
Hopefully the include a few version of each character. Instead of one Youngster, there's three or four. All looking somewhat different. Different color shorts, shirts, shoes, hates, eyes, and hair. Different skin tones as well?

Flame Mistress

Also am I the only one wishing and hoping for more Black characters this Gen? Seeing as Gen V was the first to introduce Black characters. If you are what kind of designs are you hoping for? I want a girl, dark skin, and pink hair. Or what kind of gym leaders are you hoping for in general (Not just Black character). A dark type Gym would be perfect!

Seeing as this is France and not Japan, I think we'll be able to see a variety of ethnic groups here, too. Since Fire, Bug, and Ghost/Psychic-Type Gyms seem to be confirmed, a Dark-Type Gym would be nice for once. I'm glad that they're putting in a proper Fire-Type Gym - Chili isn't really the same, since he's grouped together with two other people.

I'd like some actually good-looking villains (real ones, not people like N) this generation, too. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.