• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Characters Speculation/Discussion Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladlebug

Nop, the majority does want to waste 5 minutes customizing. This feature was highly anticipated from the beginning.

This.
And from what we're seeing right now, it may not be '5 minutes' of customization. More like 30 seconds of changing your skin color.
Of course they could always reveal more about the customization later on, but for right now it doesn't look like we are able to change clothing. Even if they did give us that option, I doubt it would be forced upon you, and could easily be ignored.

Estellise

peachy
Also, the male's color scheme is SO BORING. What happened to protagonists like Ethan or Brendan?

Yea! I don't understand why the male protags have to be dressed down in blue all the time (at least after the 3rd gen)... Why can't they wear different colours?

Hadeel

This.
And from what we're seeing right now, it may not be '5 minutes' of customization. More like 30 seconds of changing your skin color.
Of course they could always reveal more about the customization later on, but for right now it doesn't look like we are able to change clothing. Even if they did give us that option, I doubt it would be forced upon you, and could easily be ignored.

Lol indeed, it won't take more than seconds, though I wish if I could customise my own character, it would be more interesting.

Volcer

Shur'tugal
This is the first pokemon main game on the 3DS.
I also really want it but maybe we'll get it next time(not on a Hoenn remake)

So what? Why can't they do it on DS?

I hope the player's family plays a bigger role: e.g. sidequest to find the player's missing father, mom gives player items, etc.

~Deadly

The player's mom gave some Berries in HGSS if you chose to save money, but yeah, this.

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Don't look here.
I agree about the Male protagonist being such a bore in terms of coulours. I miss Brendan, Ethan and such. I love the Female because she looks much better imo. I think she is my fav since Kris(Crystal)

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I don't understand why people are complaining. Of course, Ethan and Brendan had awesome looks, wich I agree, but what can we do ? We've got our customisation we were all looking for and I think they can still make some modifications on the game, if they want add some stuff. Stop saying that customisation should have been made this way or that way, it's better than nothing. If you're not happy, then just don't buy it. I am happy to have at least a customisation and I think it's better than having no choices.

Daimona

Hero of Truth
customization....just......ugh.......word to the wise gamefreak......players want to go in and get to playing the game.....not waste 5 minutes customizing
5 minutes?! Bah, amateurs. When I play the Elder Scrolls or the Sims I spend hours creating my characters >: P

Aurath8

5 minutes?! Bah, amateurs. When I play the Elder Scrolls or the Sims I spend hours creating my characters >: P

Same here. I always spend far too much time customising characters, simply because you probably can't change their appearance afterwards.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Yea! I don't understand why the male protags have to be dressed down in blue all the time (at least after the 3rd gen)... Why can't they wear different colours?

Because apparently blue is a masculine color. :p

Anyway, I think the female protagonist looks completely out of place in these games. Like, she's way too pretty to be a Pokemon character imo. The boy looks like every other male protagonist and since I've decided to play as the female anyway, I really couldn't care less about him. But you gotta admit that the girl looks like a freaking model compared to the boy.

Aurath8

Because apparently blue is a masculine color. :p

Anyway, I think the female protagonist looks completely out of place in these games. Like, she's way too pretty to be a Pokemon character imo. The boy looks like every other male protagonist and since I've decided to play as the female anyway, I really couldn't care less about him. But you gotta admit that the girl looks like a freaking model compared to the boy.

That said, has anyone else realised that the female characters waist is the same width as her thigh?

OceanWaterOtter

Well, this region is based on France, the world's fashion Mecca! It only makes sense that the girl would look like a model. Long blonde hair, a cool red skirt, with black stockings. The only thing she's missing is high heals! I honestly think they messed up the male's design. He should look like a model too.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well, this region is based on France, the world's fashion Mecca! It only makes sense that the girl would look like a model. Long blonde hair, a cool red skirt, with black stockings. The only thing she's missing is high heals! I honestly think they messed up the male's design. He should look like a model too.

Now I really hope that the customization feature is a lot more advanced than it looked on the Coro Coro scans. I really want to give my character individuality and I don't think simply changing her hair color would be enough. I want full access to a wardrobe and no less than a dozen different colored weaves. I want my character to strut around Miare City with a Chanel handbag and a Minccino fur coat looking like she just stepped off a fashion runway.

Last edited:

LusterPurge

Victory Star
i'd like eye color customization as well. Hopefully we can customize clothing, if not by changing the clothing themselves, at least by changing the color. But i fear GF is withholding the goodies until later games.

EDIT: @ Ciccone

LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.