• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Characters Speculation/Discussion Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regality

Digital King
I think a lot of people either want..

- At least the leader being female.
- A family member being the big boss.
- I have heard some say about the professor being evil.
- The champion of the region being the leader.
- There being two rival teams and you can choose to help one or none.

Another person had a good, well-explained idea about how the gym leaders/pokemon league begin to take control of the region through enforcing laws on trainers and a rebel team begins to oppose them.

nuzamaki90

I just hope our rival, who I want to be as mean and jerkish as Gary and Silver will end up joining the evil team near the climax of the game. I loved how N revealed himself to be the leader of Team Plasma because it was such a surprise and such a change to what your regular rivals do since all past rivals (besides 3rd gen rivals) ended up helping you fight off the evil teams.

Your rival being persuaded into joining an evil faction in order to bring out his/her's full potential is a riveting plot twist and a definite change to the Pokeregular.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
What do you guys think the evil team will be like?

Evil.

Perhaps maybe instead of trying to destroy the world, why not removing all living things, while keeping the world in one piece?
Too dark? Man...

SoulsOfSilver

I was a bit let down with Team Plasma in BW- I liked N a lot, but the regular grunts were just like any other generation- unsympathetic, dirty cowards with Dark and Poison type Pokemon, and other "We're totally evil and not doing what we say we are" signs posted all over them.

I kind of wanted a team portrayed as more misguided, but not evil- I wanted them to have all kinds of Pokemon and I wanted more backstory... N was the only team member I really liked. Ghetsis was a predictable character and I didn't find him as interesting as Cyrus or even Silver.

I guess I just want a story that has more twists... and I also don't want every last Dark and Poison type to be labled as weak and evil.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Another person had a good, well-explained idea about how the gym leaders/pokemon league begin to take control of the region through enforcing laws on trainers and a rebel team begins to oppose them.

So is the rebel team good or bad? I'm just wondering if the Pokemon league were to create certain clauses on battles like Smogon does, then I'd consider the rebel team good.

RoySceptile

Bakaner
What if there are two teams, and each worship one of the mascots?
I could see that happening, especially if Xerneas & Yveltal represent opposites.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
For once, I want the grunts to have mostly other types that aren't Dark or Poison-types almost all the time.

The games discriminate those types all the time.

Yeah, how about Fire, Ground, Flying, Grass, Electric and such. I would've been screwed had some plasm grunts had more Ground types since my team in W2 had Magnezone, Electabuzz and Arcanine. And I'm sure that this gen's evil org. will be able to find a variety of Pokemon since the dex is split into three. There shouldn't be any excuse this time around.

I could see that happening, especially if Xerneas & Yveltal represent opposites.

Didn't we already have this in Ruby and Sapphire? Sounds a bit redundant.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive

as long as neither of them are like team magma or aqua, and neither of them use dark and/or poison types excessively, I wouldn't mind that. perhaps if they used pokemon including but not limited to the respective types of xerneas and yveltal?

SoulsOfSilver

I was thinking that maybe Xerneas and Yveltal represent order and chaos. Maybe one team that wants to force the world to conform to their ways and make all Pokemon alike? Maybe kill off weaker species, even? Or create perfect Pokemon (IV and EV wise) and try and eradicate natural ones. And the other would cause destruction and chaos just to leave an impression on the world, just to be noticed.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I was thinking that maybe Xerneas and Yveltal represent order and chaos. Maybe one team that wants to force the world to conform to their ways and make all Pokemon alike? Maybe kill off weaker species, even? Or create perfect Pokemon (IV and EV wise) and try and eradicate natural ones. And the other would cause destruction and chaos just to leave an impression on the world, just to be noticed.

This is so Shin Megami Tensei stuff. Let's go with it.

adamfitz

poké-lover
Although I get the whole poison and dark
Type pokemon fitting in with the grunts
But I'd like them to get a more diverse team so there a little more difficult, but I'm not really fussed

gpt11

similar to Ruby/Sapphire and DP? (though the DP one was cosmetic to which version you chose being the legendary they needed)

Last edited:

Ib4

Xenlon Cavalier
I just hope our rival, who I want to be as mean and jerkish as Gary and Silver will end up joining the evil team near the climax of the game. I loved how N revealed himself to be the leader of Team Plasma because it was such a surprise and such a change to what your regular rivals do since all past rivals (besides 3rd gen rivals) ended up helping you fight off the evil teams.

I definitely agree that I want to dislike my rival because he's a jerk instead of because he's a complete fool. But can I just ask how you could possibly NOT realize that N was with Plasma? Wasn't it obvious from the beginning?

And secondly I would absolutely love it if the evil team were ACTUALLY evil. Okay so Ghetsis was a bit messed up in the head, but pretty much every "evil" team leader eventually realized that they were causing problems and woe is them yadayadayada. I want to see BLOOD! Kill something for crying out loud. When you beat the grunts do they try to stop you because you're a random kid? No! Of course they run off. Obviously let's not have them pull out a gun and kill our character or his/her Pokemon, but a little evidence of more than petty theft would be nice. The first Team Rocket was the best team in my opinion because they actually did something violent and evil-gangish by killing the Marowak in Lavender Town. Sorry if people think I'm morbid, but I'm not the little kid I was when I started playing these games and the friendly storyline irritates me now.

SoulsOfSilver

I definitely agree that I want to dislike my rival because he's a jerk instead of because he's a complete fool. But can I just ask how you could possibly NOT realize that N was with Plasma? Wasn't it obvious from the beginning?

And secondly I would absolutely love it if the evil team were ACTUALLY evil. Okay so Ghetsis was a bit messed up in the head, but pretty much every "evil" team leader eventually realized that they were causing problems and woe is them yadayadayada. I want to see BLOOD! Kill something for crying out loud. When you beat the grunts do they try to stop you because you're a random kid? No! Of course they run off. Obviously let's not have them pull out a gun and kill our character or his/her Pokemon, but a little evidence of more than petty theft would be nice. The first Team Rocket was the best team in my opinion because they actually did something violent and evil-gangish by killing the Marowak in Lavender Town. Sorry if people think I'm morbid, but I'm not the little kid I was when I started playing these games and the friendly storyline irritates me now.

As much as I would enjoy this, it would have to be metaphorical. Pokemon will never ever be anything more than E-rated. E-10+ if Tepigs are flying that day.

Last edited:

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
As much as I would enjoy this, it would have to be metaphorical. Pokemon will never ever be anything more than E-rated. E-10+ if Tepigs are flying that day.

Tepigs flying? What if GF made a flying pig pokemon? JK, but yeah, pokemon will always be rated E for everyone. It's aimed for a bigger audience, which means more money for them. I'm happy that gen 5 had a deep storyline (compared to the previous ones). But I do want an intimidating rival like Blue and Silver. I could never take the rivals after them seriously.

SoulsOfSilver

Tepigs flying? What if GF made a flying pig pokemon? JK, but yeah, pokemon will always be rated E for everyone. It's aimed for a bigger audience, which means more money for them. I'm happy that gen 5 had a deep storyline (compared to the previous ones). But I do want an intimidating rival like Blue and Silver. I could never take the rivals after them seriously.

May/Brendan had no soul, Barry was annoying, Bianca and Cheren were walking moralities and N was... weird.

I was surprised when I found out that N is the leader, I was playing the Japanese version, I expected him as Ghetsis's son but not a Plasma member.

Ghetsis tries to kill you using Kyurem, however in the english version he says that he want to freeze you...

Status
Not open for further replies.