• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Characters Speculation/Discussion Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falconx03

Legendary
If you would lose, you would have no Pokemon to continue with. S you can just get thrugh the route by losing?

I don't think they would ever do that.

Maybe after the player loses, the rival can heal the players Pokemon. It's not too far fetched considering Cheren would heal our Pokemon every so often throughout Black and White.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
It'd be interesting if we got multiple rivals, if they have us meet one of them like after the first or before the second gym. Also, like everyone else said, having them be more strategic in battle would always be a nice addition. Unless of course they aren't that interested in it, like Bianca was.

Ib4

Xenlon Cavalier
I actually drafted a pretty extensive game following Gen 5 that features a large number of rivals. Actually one for every starter Chikorita-Oshawott (I had the Kanto trio as the main character's choices). They each had different backstories and paths. One joined the evil team, one became a research assistant, one became a Pokemon League Champion (although since I actually had two leagues-one after badge 5, one after badge 8, technically he wasn't that powerful), some simply abandoned their journeys for other tasks. While I think that might be a bit much for the much shorter games made by Nintendo, two or three rivals might be good, just better than Bianca and Cheren. Man I wish I had the technical skill to actually create games.

R_N

It doesn't make sense in the English version, Glaciate doesn't cause freeze.

It's implied that's what he used to freeze those areas of Unova. Just look at it as separation of game mechanics and something that would make sense for the plot (That a move called "Glaciate"/"Frozen World" described and shown as icicles & frozen air might freeze things)

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Back to newer characters that we don't know of yet…
I think GameFreak shouldn't return to the plot of the actual evil team leader using a separate character to play the evil leader. N and Colress didn't seem to portray that role and both seemed to want to help the main protagonist. I think GameFreak should return to the Major Grunts like Proton and Petrel and Admin's like Ariana and Archer, but still have the evil leader appear without an event.

BurningWhiteKyurem

I think GameFreak shouldn't return to the plot of the actual evil team leader using a separate character to play the evil leader. N and Colress didn't seem to portray that role and both seemed to want to help the main protagonist. I think GameFreak should return to the Major Grunts like Proton and Petrel and Admin's like Ariana and Archer, but still have the evil leader appear without an event.

Evil Team using Separate Character to play the evil character gets too boring and predictable if GameFreak keeps on revisiting it. As for BW2, that's because Colress never really gave a damn whose side he was on. He basically joined anyone as long as it had positive influence on his research on unleashing the latent powers of Pokemon, and as such, he was a neutral character (you even see Ghetsis getting pissed off in some sequences when Colress doesn't follow orders).

Cerex

What's left for an evil organization to do that hasn't already been done I wonder? Rocket just wanted to make money. Aqua/Magma were environmentalist extremist. Galactic were cult. And Plazma was an extreme left wing Pokemon liberation organization.

I would also like to see a female lead of the villainous organization. It's about time. We've had two female champions already. It's about time women break the glass ceiling when it comes to villainy.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Evil Team using Separate Character to play the evil character gets too boring and predictable if GameFreak keeps on revisiting it. As for BW2, that's because Colress never really gave a damn whose side he was on. He basically joined anyone as long as it had positive influence on his research on unleashing the latent powers of Pokemon, and as such, he was a neutral character (you even see Ghetsis getting pissed off in some sequences when Colress doesn't follow orders).

No more neutral organization members. He didn't really look evil fom the start, the release made him look too much like a new Professor than a Plasma member.

The new leader should disguise him or herself, but still try to push you to stop interfering with his/her team. A female leader would really change things up for the team and may add more substance to the story. Maybe even go with the saying that "Hell hath no wrath like a woman scorned."
She could be a former Champion who was crushed by a challenger or have been rejected for her gender if Kalos had that kind of attitude towards women in the past (but this backstory would push for a team predominantly feminine which would be a good plot for X version).

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
What's left for an evil organization to do that hasn't already been done I wonder? Rocket just wanted to make money. Aqua/Magma were environmentalist extremist. Galactic were cult. And Plazma was an extreme left wing Pokemon liberation organization.

I would also like to see a female lead of the villainous organization. It's about time. We've had two female champions already. It's about time women break the glass ceiling when it comes to villainy.

With the DNA theme, I think they might go with Bioterrorism this time. Just please, no zombies.

But Cyberterrorism is also a possibility. Disabling security systems, disrupting telecommunications and networks, hacking into PC storages, etc.

Mind control and brainwash is possible too.

RinseWash

If you would lose, you would have no Pokemon to continue with. S you can just get thrugh the route by losing?

I don't think they would ever do that.

No you would teleport go to the pokemon center like normal after he taunts you and runs off but you just wouldn't get a second chance to battle him right after.

I think it would actually be cool if they actually stole your pokemon like I said on the last page during part of the game and you were given a new poekmon by the professor and had to use that one to go get all your pokemon back that they stole.

And I think a terrorist or maybe people who are bent on cloning people/pokemon to form a world of one mind and opinion or something like that.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
With the DNA theme, I think they might go with Bioterrorism this time. Just please, no zombies.

But Cyberterrorism is also a possibility. Disabling security systems, disrupting telecommunications and networks, hacking into PC storages...

Bioterrorism: I was thinking altering Pokémon DNA or actually giving Humans Pokemon DNA and abilities (like in my fanfic here). But if it's just infecting or poisoning people and Pokemon, that's just guaranteeing 100% of the grunts Pokemon will be Poison type.

Cyberterrorism: Like Revolution (an American show) basically, but to a lesser scale? I see Cyberterrorism as a more plausible cause for a more modern and current evil team since kids nowadays hate it when their Wi-Fi or phone networks go down for a small amount of time (as a 90's kid, I tried it on my younger cousins by shutting off the Wi-Fi for a bit, and it was fun to watch the reaction :D)

BurningWhiteKyurem

No more neutral organization members. He didn't really look evil fom the start, the release made him look too much like a new Professor than a Plasma member.

The new leader should disguise him or herself, but still try to push you to stop interfering with his/her team. A female leader would really change things up for the team and may add more substance to the story. Maybe even go with the saying that "Hell hath no wrath like a woman scorned."
She could be a former Champion who was crushed by a challenger or have been rejected for her gender if Kalos had that kind of attitude towards women in the past (but this backstory would push for a team predominantly feminine which would be a good plot for X version).

I agree, he didn't really look like a Plasma member, so you tell he wasn't fully committed to them.

That would be pretty interesting, to see an evil leader support you until you realize that something is wrong and spark that climactic battle.

Regality

Digital King

But Cyberterrorism is also a possibility. Disabling security systems, disrupting telecommunications and networks, hacking into PC storages, etc.

Mind control and brainwash is possible too.

But... zombies make everything better!

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
I agree, he didn't really look like a Plasma member, so you tell he wasn't fully committed to them.

That would be pretty interesting, to see an evil leader support you until you realize that something is wrong and spark that climactic battle.

Just to add to that idea, what if the Champion started of like the previous ones where she shows up early in the game to help you (like Adler and Cynthia) and seems friendly enough. She even tag battles with you. However, in the end, she back stabs you and it turns out she was aiding the villain team (being promised that it would make her team stronger out of her fear of losing to a trainer one day). All of things the Champion did to help you was actually to further the villain team's goals and you were a chess piece to their plan. It would be interesting if the previous battles with the evil team were actually decoys to distract you and the gym leaders from the actual target.

Red G

Not a Magikarp
A Cyberterrorist evil team would be neat. Imagine their big stunt: hacking into every PC throughout the region and stealing everyone's pokemon! They could also interfere with pokemon centers, causing you to return to your professor to heal.

Bioterrorism makes the most sense from what we've seen of Mewtwo, though. The only problem is that bioterrorism has been stepped on by Rocket, Galactic, and Plasma already (Mewtwo, Porygon, Rotom, Genesect). A pokemon virus would be interesting; perhaps the evil team can weaponize pokerus and cause sickness to be spread, making you find the legendary who can end the suffering.

Falconx03

Legendary
A Cyberterrorist evil team would be neat. Imagine their big stunt: hacking into every PC throughout the region and stealing everyone's pokemon!

If i remember correctly, somewhere in one of the Pokemon games someone said they were trying to do exactly this but were stopped by something. It might have been a guy in N's castle.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
If i remember correctly, somewhere in one of the Pokemon games someone said they were trying to do exactly this but were stopped by something. It might have been a guy in N's castle.

It was a random guy in N's Castle, and he wasn't stopped by anything. Had the protagonist not defeated Ghetsis when they did, it's likely that guy would've hacked into the region's PC network.

Maybe Gen VI could bring him back...

Status
Not open for further replies.