• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Characters Speculation/Discussion Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ditto24

Both set un Unova... Both had the same Starters... Both had Plasma.... Same Game

just a different Player Character, a few more pokemon which they add into third instalments as well and some new towns... Same Game

lol its all the same just a few minor differences... like I said

I think this is a bit harsh, you're right but it's more than minor differences. 5 brand new cities was pretty awesome. It's a new plasma, its a very different game to BW. Same region yes but it had waaaaay more differences than the other 3rd versions.

Flygon Master54

Ahh I'm back baby
I see Team Flare's Leader being a Stuck Up Snob who is the Leader of the Fire Gym which doubles as Team Flare's Hideout,in the Large Castle in Coastal Kalos with its own Island,it is the place with the Fire Pillars,it even goes as far as having Grunts as Gym Trainers.He only created Team Flare to make money for Himself and doesn't even give out Gym badges,which are shaped like Team Flare's Logo.After you beat him in his Gym Battle,he refuses to give the Badge and escapes.You obtain the Badge after dispanding Team Flare,and he drops it as he is Arrested.

Gym Battle:

Talonflame-Lv 28
Houndoom-Lv 29
Pyroar(Litleo's 1st Evo)-Lv 30

1st Team Flare Battle:

Simisear-Lv 34
Talonflame-Lv 34
Houndoom-Lv 35
Mantiroar(Pyroar's Evo)-Lv 36

Final Battle:

Simisear-Lv 42
Talonflame-Lv 42
Houndoom-Lv 43
Charizard-Lv 44
Mantiroar-Lv 45

haha great idea but please no pans or simis. Also Talonflame and Charizard? maybe replace Charizard with unreleased fire type.

Honestly loving that idea and it would be interesting.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
So we're doing Team Flare Boss Teams now?

Ok.

After 3rd Gym:

Houndour Lv. 33
Grass Lv. 32
Fire Sig Lv. 35

After 6th Gym:

Houndoom Lv. 42
Grass Lv. 43
Steel Lv. 41
Fire Sig Lv. 45

Hideout Battle:

Houndoom Lv. 47
Grass Lv. 48
Steel Lv. 48
Electric Lv. 46
Fire Lv. 50

Final Thing:

Houndoom Lv. 51
Grass Lv. 52
Electric Lv. 52
Poison Lv. 53
Steel Lv. 53
Fire Lv. 55

So, yeah, only done Levels and Area of Battle due to limited Pokémon.

Ditto24

I'm personally against the idea of having the Team boss as a gym leader coz it kind of gets rid of the possibilities for rematches which would upset me. :(

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
I'm personally against the idea of having the Team boss as a gym leader coz it kind of gets rid of the possibilities for rematches which would upset me. :(

unless somebody takes over the gym after (doesn't shauna need a dream to follow)

Coller23

Aggron Extraordinair
Both set un Unova... Both had the same Starters... Both had Plasma.... Same Game

just a different Player Character, a few more pokemon which they add into third instalments as well and some new towns... Same Game

lol its all the same just a few minor differences... like I said

Yes a completely different story and change of character is a minor difference. Your logic is dumb, I guess any sequel that takes place within the same area as the last game is the same game.

Flygon Master54

Ahh I'm back baby
So we're doing Team Flare Boss Teams now?

Ok.

After 3rd Gym:

Houndour Lv. 33
Grass Lv. 32
Fire Sig Lv. 35

After 6th Gym:

Houndoom Lv. 42
Grass Lv. 43
Steel Lv. 41
Fire Sig Lv. 45

Hideout Battle:

Houndoom Lv. 47
Grass Lv. 48
Steel Lv. 48
Electric Lv. 46
Fire Lv. 50

Final Thing:

Houndoom Lv. 51
Grass Lv. 52
Electric Lv. 52
Poison Lv. 53
Steel Lv. 53
Fire Lv. 55

So, yeah, only done Levels and Area of Battle due to limited Pokémon.

Maybe 3 fires in one team. Just thinking now and Magmortar would be perfect. It has good stats and can learn thunderbolt, focus blast and solarbeam

They could always get someone new to take over after E4.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
unless somebody takes over the gym after (doesn't shauna need a dream to follow)

._. I thought Shauna had like, no goal or dream at all She needs to get some Dream Mist.

But really, I'd rather the Rivals (except Tierno who'se mad that his Vannilite might melt with all the hotsauceness of Team Flare) and Team Flare stay apart this time,e xcept for some sort of Rivalry, I don't want them overly involved with everything.

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
Yes a completely different story and change of character is a minor difference. Your logic is dumb, I guess any sequel that takes place within the same area as the last game is the same game.

well that's your opinion... but I pretty much considered it nothing special apart from the PWT for me that was the saving grace for BW2 and the fact they added in Move Tutors as some Pokemons move pools were pretty poor without them

Flygon Master54

Ahh I'm back baby
._. I thought Shauna had like, no goal or dream at all She needs to get some Dream Mist.

But really, I'd rather the Rivals (except Tierno who'se mad that his Vannilite might melt with all the hotsauceness of Team Flare) and Team Flare stay apart this time,e xcept for some sort of Rivalry, I don't want them overly involved with everything.

haha maybe we can look with her lol

I hope they make a little contribution sort of like what the GL did in BW.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
well that's your opinion... but I pretty much considered it nothing special apart from the PWT for me that was the saving grace for BW2 and the fact they added in Move Tutors as some Pokemons move pools were pretty poor without them

Really, sorry, but by your logic the Kanto and Johto games were identical as they both had Team Rocket and took place in the same areas, exceot some areas were added.

Ditto24

Getting someone new kinda defeats the point though, I know someone could take over but I just don't like mixing 'job/rival' roles for one character. It worked with Giovanni but now I don't think it would so much. Keep the GLs as GLs, rivals as rivals etc.

Flygon Master54

Ahh I'm back baby
Getting someone new kinda defeats the point though, I know someone could take over but I just don't like mixing 'job/rival' roles for one character. It worked with Giovanni but now I don't think it would so much. Keep the GLs as GLs, rivals as rivals etc.

I see what you mean. It was a neat idea though...

Ditto24

I see what you mean. It was a neat idea though...

There's nothing wrong with plot twists and stuff, I'm all for that. But I feel like we're missing a character if we only had 7 gym leaders and then the 8th is also the team boss, or the professor is also a gym leader etc etc.

Flygon Master54

Ahh I'm back baby
There's nothing wrong with plot twists and stuff, I'm all for that. But I feel like we're missing a character if we only had 7 gym leaders and then the 8th is also the team boss, or the professor is also a gym leader etc etc.

yeah I get what you mean, your being realistic. yeah would feel weird with only 7 GL and if there was a replacement then they feel cheated out. Would be good if they took over the gym, you beat them and the admin is an imposter gym leader. Then the GL tahnks you then you can have your gym battle and defeat team flare later. Could be an interesting storyline.

Ditto24

yeah I get what you mean, your being realistic. yeah would feel weird with only 7 GL and if there was a replacement then they feel cheated out. Would be good if they took over the gym, you beat them and the admin is an imposter gym leader. Then the GL tahnks you then you can have your gym battle and defeat team flare later. Could be an interesting storyline.

I'm even already preparing myself for Bonnie to one day take over Clemont as the Gym leader.

Nockturne

And its kinda just rehashing the twist at the end of Gen1 when Giovanni was the last gym leader

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I'm all for a plot twist but I hope it's one that Pokemon hasn't done before. The evil Gym Leader thing has been done before with Giovanni. I'm not saying that shouldn't be done, but it's not a shock value. Something like your parents being retired Team Flare agents or perhaps they were members of Team Rocket/Galactic/Magma/Aqua/Plasma in their youth would be...well not really shocking but it would give your parents flavor. Maybe they can let you wear their old grunt uniforms and you can walk around as a evil Plasma or whatever grunt. That would be kind of cool.

I'm still hoping for one of the Kalos Kids to go bad at one point. They'll turn back but one of them losing their way would make for a engaging friendshippy story. A Pokemon is all about the cheesy friendship stuff.

RainbowMagikarp64

When I Evolve...
Platinum fan.;16190167} said:
I'm still hoping for one of the Kalos Kids to go bad at one point. They'll turn back but one of them losing their way would make for a engaging friendshippy story. A Pokemon is all about the cheesy friendship stuff.
That is an interesting idea, but with the targeted age group, I have my doubts. Still, Nintendo has been listening to the fans opinions, and from what I've seen lately, almost everything that's been asked for (ghost/steel type, better Global Trade System, etc:...) It could be possible. In BW2, you nearly die at the hands of Ghetsis. That, for a kids game, is awfully...uh, non Pokémon-ish? xD But, yeah. Though I have my doubts, I think that's a good idea.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
That is an interesting idea, but with the targeted age group, I have my doubts. Still, Nintendo has been listening to the fans opinions, and from what I've seen lately, almost everything that's been asked for (ghost/steel type, better Global Trade System, etc:...) It could be possible. In BW2, you nearly die at the hands of Ghetsis. That, for a kids game, is awfully...uh, non Pokémon-ish? xD But, yeah. Though I have my doubts, I think that's a good idea.

Well hopefully one of the Kalos Kiddies going bad isn't to intense for the targeted age group, I mean they would turn good again in the end. Though a conversation between you and them would be amusing. Especially since your character doesn't talk. I would love to see someone pour their heart out to your character and all you respond with is "..." and they understand that perfectly. I love that about your player's character.

Status
Not open for further replies.