• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Characters Speculation/Discussion Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
Cilan, Cress, and Chili seem to be, for all intents and purposes, considered actual Grass-, Water-, and Fire-type Leaders, respectively. In the PWT, they each battle with a team composed entirely of Pokémon of those types, so even if they technically didn't "count" in BW1, that doesn't seem to matter as far as their respective type specialties are concerned.

And let us not forget about Volkner, who used an Octillery in DP and was still considered an Electric-type Leader (to say nothing of Flint in the Elite Four).

Also, on the Shauna/opposite rival topic from earlier, Josh just said this when asked which one it was who shows affection for you: *Snipped for bein' spoilery*

...That's...it? That's a bit disappointing.
Shauna's words just seem to imply love for Calem, at best. Heck, even Kingdom Hearts sports dialogue more direct when dealing with romance.

I suppose I'll have to see these scenes for myself to make my judgment on this. On paper this sounds like words you'd hear any female character say to a guy on Saturday Morning anime, but depending on what's she's doing while saying this, that could just blow my logic out of the water.

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Also, on the Shauna/opposite rival topic from earlier, Josh just said this when asked which one it was who shows affection for you:

"even at the mansion you're with Shauna and she talks about how happy she is to have this memory with you while you watch fireworks together and another time you watch the lights on the not eiffle tower light up and shes happy to have another memory with you

Serena just wants to battle you over and over and its nothing more than that.

Its shauna."
So yes, I am now very curious to see how this will play out if you choose Serena.

NOOOOOOOO!
Why does it have to be Shauna !? 8( I really wanted Serena to get the honor of being my wife 'close friend'!
Now my big hype is gone... DAMNIT!
Indeed. I wonder if it will be either Tierno or Trevor. Would be funny. :D

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So it's Shauna, not Serena who likes the male playable character? I'm not here for Calem x Shauna so let me walk out of this thread.

I'm not surprised that I haven't heard much about Tierno and Trevor. From the moment they were revealed I had a feeling that they would be redundant for the most part.

applemania

As the first Fairy Gym Leader, I think Valerie's design does a good job of embodying the type, but adding an unexpected air about her. Her completely black eyes are awesome and I hope her personality verges more toward mysterious and intelligent with a dark sense of humor, instead of a SUPA-KAWAII girl which would be overkill.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
There's not much talk about Trevor and Tierno. I guess Shauna will be more important in the game? I don't really mind that. But I am so playing as Serena in Y version. I want to see what happens :D

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
I am hoping one of them (Tieno and Trevor) will do the i like you more than a friend scenes with your player character if you choose Serena because honestly if they still have Shauna do it then I think Gamefreak and Nintendo are hoping up a Can of Worms. Among some people not at all Homosexuality is not something you should promote like that (I am not saying my opinion either way so don't hate). Since this game is suppose to be a kids game, some parents and parent groups might not like it even Gamefreak put homosexuality like that.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I am hoping one of them (Tieno and Trevor) will do the i like you more than a friend scenes with your player character if you choose Serena because honestly if they still have Shauna do it then I think Gamefreak and Nintendo are hoping up a Can of Worms. Among some people not at all Homosexuality is not something you should promote like that (I am not saying my opinion either way so don't hate). Since this game is suppose to be a kids game, some parents and parent groups might not like it even Gamefreak put homosexuality like that.

Not that I'm against homosexuality, but I always prefered the couple of a girl and boy, I think (it's totally my personal opinion) it's cuter when a boy and a girl are in couple. Maybe because how both of them are so different from each other, compared to boy and boy or girl and girl. There's nothing wrong with homosexual people, not at all.
But like you, I don't think it's something that should be... "present" in the game. Even boy and girl romance isn't totally "added" by GameFreak, if we exclude little hints that shippers usually hunt for.
[spoil]I think it would be more logical if Serena/Calem had feelings for you because even if you pick a gender over another, the other is still there in the story, while Shauna doesn't become a boy if you take the girl. The difference between Shauna, Tierno and Trevor compared to Calem and Serena is that Calem and Serena are programmed to be the same person, just with a different gender. They do the same things in-game, and the only things that change are probably its appearance and its dialogue (a little bit, to match with their genders). Shauna, Tierno and Trevor were created as all different characters, with different personalities and different tastes. Shauna couldn't just be replaced by either Tierno or Trevor like that if you were playing as the girl...[/spoil]

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Not that I'm against homosexuality, but I always prefered the couple of a girl and boy, I think (it's totally my personal opinion) it's cuter when a boy and a girl are in couple. Maybe because how both of them are so different from each other, compared to boy and boy or girl and girl. There's nothing wrong with homosexual people, not at all.
But like you, I don't think it's something that should be... "present" in the game. Even boy and girl romance isn't totally "added" by GameFreak, if we exclude little hints that shippers usually hunt for.
[spoil]I think it would be more logical if Serena/Calem had feelings for you because even if you pick a gender over another, the other is still there in the story, while Shauna doesn't become a boy if you take the girl. The difference between Shauna, Tierno and Trevor compared to Calem and Serena is that Calem and Serena are programmed to be the same person, just with a different gender. They do the same things in-game, and the only things that change are probably its appearance and its dialogue (a little bit, to match with their genders). Shauna, Tierno and Trevor were created as all different characters, with different personalities and different tastes. Shauna couldn't just be replaced by either Tierno or Trevor like that if you were playing as the girl...[/spoil]

Good points. Hopefully Gamefreak has come up with something to get around this issue because like I said homesexuality can be a Hot buttion issue that I don't think they want to include in Pokemon.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Good points. Hopefully Gamefreak has come up with something to get around this issue because like I said homesexuality can be a Hot buttion issue that I don't think they want to include in Pokemon.

I think the main reason (and maybe the only) why they are including some romance (that is a little bit more than minimal hints) here is because Kalos is based on France, and Paris, the capital city of France, is commonly referred as the "city of love". Even the whole France is sharing some love aspect.
I have nothing against some romance though. I love romance, and I think it would be a nice touch to add it in-game, especially when you know Kalos is based on France. :)

Ver-mont

So, I'm guessing...

Viola - Santalune City (confirmed)
Grant - Cyllage City
Korrina - Shalour City (confirmed)
Ramos - Coumarine City
Clemont - Lumiose City (confirmed)
Valerie - Laverre City
Olympia - Anistar City (confirmed by Josh to be the purple rock town, so it's this)
Wulfric - Snowbelle City (confirmed by the map entry)

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
So, I'm guessing...

Viola - Santalune City (confirmed)
Grant - Cyllage City
Korrina - Shalour City (confirmed)
Ramos - Coumarine City
Clemont - Lumiose City (confirmed)
Valerie - Laverre City
Olympia - Anistar City (confirmed by Josh to be the purple rock town, so it's this)
Wulfric - Snowbelle City (confirmed by the map entry)

Thanxorus, I was analyzing the poster GameStop gave me when I read this so it fits.

Black Light

Do You Even Mega?
NOOOOOOOO!
Why does it have to be Shauna !? 8( I really wanted Serena to get the honor of being my wife 'close friend'!
Now my big hype is gone... DAMNIT!
Indeed. I wonder if it will be either Tierno or Trevor. Would be funny. :D

I thought other leakers were confirming it was Serena that you ended up with as well if you play as the male character. As far as I am aware, Josh is the first to say it was Shauna.

Do you think it's possible that you can end up with either Serena or Shauna depending on certain interactions with them? For an example, like maybe the outcome of a battle or trade with them triggers which one will becomes your love interest. Or perhaps the number of times you talk to them determines it, such as it was with Yancy in B2/W2.

If this is the case, then the same could apply to the Female player and either present them with Calem, Trevor, or Tierno?

725roy

ambivolent
To reiterate:

[spoil]
tumblr_mu802kdpNi1r8sc3ro2_400.jpg

Malva looks like Yuno Gasai from Mirai Nikki with that pink hair and the facial expression. [/spoil]

Sephora

yes I'm back
But many leakers have said that it is Serena/Calem that have a crush on you, so it's weird that Josh is saying otherwise (Shauna). Hmmm, which is true I wonder? It would make more sense that it was your main riva that had a crush on you instead of Shauna. Because if you play as a girl, who will like you, Teirno or Trevor? It just doesn't fit imo :/

diakyu

Ok so here's my take on the relationship thing-

There is no concrete evidence for Shauna, Calem, or Serena being the one who likes you. The original reviewer who mentioned it said that it was Calem that develops feelings for you (so he was obviously playing as the girl). Josh ORIGINALLY stated it was Serena who had feelings for you and sat with you under the fireworks. Now I guess he's saying it was Shauna. This doesn't make any sense because why not use Serena for the love interest of the male protag if you were already using Calem for the love interest of female protag.

I want some receipts. And I want some photos. I'll go full CSI and enhance the pixels if I have to.

Odious

あなたは馬鹿
Ok so here's my take on the relationship thing-

There is no concrete evidence for Shauna, Calem, or Serena being the one who likes you. The original reviewer who mentioned it said that it was Calem that develops feelings for you (so he was obviously playing as the girl). Josh ORIGINALLY stated it was Serena who had feelings for you and sat with you under the fireworks. Now I guess he's saying it was Shauna. This doesn't make any sense because why not use Serena for the love interest of the male protag if you were already using Calem for the love interest of female protag.
Wish this was optional since I'm playing a girl and I'd feel awkward haha

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
As the first Fairy Gym Leader, I think Valerie's design does a good job of embodying the type, but adding an unexpected air about her. Her completely black eyes are awesome and I hope her personality verges more toward mysterious and intelligent with a dark sense of humor, instead of a SUPA-KAWAII girl which would be overkill.

I now really just wanna see the gym leader haha.

Also as discussed on 'homosexuality', a part of me thinks that Pokemon as a series could take on a more progressive stance to where they could say "well it isn't just blatantly said, but it isn't impossible". They don't have to say "I like like you", but they don't have to avoid it.
Plus, I feel that romance doesn't really have a place to begin with in the Pokemon Games.
I guess I'm more of a "if you're gonna give romance, give it to all". I mean I guess I'm fine if there are only straight pairings, but if Shauna has the hots for the female character too, and the male just only gets the Shauna option, I'll be miffed.

EDIT:
Then again, there is always the Hiker....

Plus, in Black/White, I always felt there was something going on between myself and N on the Ferris Wheel Ride. It just felt special for both genders.
Then again, it is N we're talking about.

Last edited:

Underachiever007

I now really just wanna see the gym leader haha.

Also as discussed on 'homosexuality', a part of me thinks that Pokemon as a series could take on a more progressive stance to where they could say "well it isn't just blatantly said, but it isn't impossible". They don't have to say "I like like you", but they don't have to avoid it.
Plus, I feel that romance doesn't really have a place to begin with in the Pokemon Games.
I guess I'm more of a "if you're gonna give romance, give it to all". I mean I guess I'm fine if there are only straight pairings, but if Shauna has the hots for the female character too, and the male just only gets the Shauna option, I'll be miffed.

EDIT:
Then again, there is always the Hiker....

Plus, in Black/White, I always felt there was something going on between myself and N on the Ferris Wheel Ride. It just felt special for both genders.
Then again, it is N we're talking about.

You can do so here: http://imgur.com/a/zGGUL#5

Status
Not open for further replies.