• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Characters Speculation/Discussion Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

applemania

Since Clemont (Citron) and Grant (Zakuro) both have fruit names in the Japanese version (Citron means Lemon in French, Zakuro is Japanese for Pomegranate) I hope some of the other gym leaders follow suit. Maybe one of them is on this list I compiled (no idea if any are used as names, but apparently Zakuro is an old Japanese name)
Fruit- Japanese/ French
Apple- Ringo/ Pomme
Apricot- Anzu/......
Blueberry- ......./ Myrtille
Cherry - Sakurando/ Cerise
Mandarin- Mikan/.......
Peach - Momo/ Peche
Pear - Nashi/ Poire
Persimmon- Kaki/........
Plum - Ume/ Prune
Raspberry - Kiichigo/ Framboise
Strawberry - Ichigo/ Fraise
Watermelon- Suika/ Pasteque

Last edited:

SilverFox

So sly
Since Clemont (Citron) and Grant (Zakuro) both have fruit names in the Japanese version (Citron means Lemon in French, Zakuro is Japanese for Pomegranate) I hope some of the other gym leaders follow suit. Maybe one of them is on this list I compiled (no idea if any are used as names, but apparently Zakuro is an old Japanese name)
Fruit- Japanese/ French
Apple- Ringo/ Pomme
Apricot- Anzu/......
Mandarin- Mikan/.......
Peach - Momo/ Peche
Pear - Nashi/ Poire
Persimmon- Kaki/........
Plum - Ume/ Prune

Jasmine is Mikan.
Janine is Anzu

I know it's farfetch'd (pun intended), but after watching Pokemon Origins I could really see Red making an appearance. And so glad that Fuji'n mess (again, pun intended) was cleared up. Professor Fuji gave Red, in a Gen 1 timeline, Charizardite X! If that's not reason enough to appear, I don't know what is for Fuji...
And Red having MegaCharizard X and the whole thing being aired so close to XY release seems great, I know it won't happen but heck, we can wish can't we?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Fruit- Japanese/ French
Apple- Ringo/ Pomme
Apricot- Anzu/......
Mandarin- Mikan/.......
Peach - Momo/ Peche
Pear - Nashi/ Poire
Persimmon- Kaki/........
Plum - Ume/ Prune

I just realized that we don't have all the Japanese Gym Leader names. It's so weird because we usually get them first, but now the exact opposite has happened since the English names were leaked before those. If I remember correctly the Japanese Gym Leader names are based on plants so it's very possible that the fruit trend will continue.

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
Wow, our male gym leaders are varied.
Gotta say Wulfric is kinda just bearishly cute!

So now we have Sycamore and Wulfric, major cuties!

diakyu

Who are all the gym leaders? And is the romance thing real?
Kinda....
It is Shauna. But it's nothing serious, she just says things that alludes to it (things like "I've never watched fireworks with a boy before"). It's unknown if it's still her for the female protag.

jonnyc

I now really just wanna see the gym leader haha.

Also as discussed on 'homosexuality', a part of me thinks that Pokemon as a series could take on a more progressive stance to where they could say "well it isn't just blatantly said, but it isn't impossible". They don't have to say "I like like you", but they don't have to avoid it.
Plus, I feel that romance doesn't really have a place to begin with in the Pokemon Games.
I guess I'm more of a "if you're gonna give romance, give it to all". I mean I guess I'm fine if there are only straight pairings, but if Shauna has the hots for the female character too, and the male just only gets the Shauna option, I'll be miffed.

EDIT:
Then again, there is always the Hiker....

Plus, in Black/White, I always felt there was something going on between myself and N on the Ferris Wheel Ride. It just felt special for both genders.
Then again, it is N we're talking about.
Burgh is definitely at least metrosexual. I just dislike how he plays off of the gay artist stereotype. And how he's too fabulous. Too much jazz hands.

Anyway it'd be pretty awkward if the game asked "What's you're gender. Oh and by the way, are you gay?" It's not quite necessary to please all the minorities, I guess GF is keeping everything simpler for now. It'd be a hassle to represent every mixed-race skin tone and albinism and sexuality. It's a stretch just to release straight relationships.

Charninja

Hey...

Fantina from gen IV is Frenchy...

Kalos basically is France...

I'm looking at Olympia here... And Fantina...

Hmmm... Sisters?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Hey...

Fantina from gen IV is Frenchy...

Kalos basically is France...

I'm looking at Olympia here... And Fantina...

Hmmm... Sisters?

Aside from the fact that Fantina originally spoke English in the Japanese versions of D/P/Pt, I just realized who Olympia reminded me of. I kept thinking she looked like Argenta and while I still see some similarities between their designs, she really does resemble Fantina more. I suppose it's possible that they just look alike without being related kind of like Agatha and Bertha (I don't think it was ever confirmed that they were related).

FicKel

Like 1 person said, the player character could either be paired with Serena or Shauna if they're a guy or Calem or Trevor/Tierno if they're a girl depending on their interactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.