• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Characters That Deserved More

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
This is essentially an opposite to the "Anime characters you wish were gone" thread. Instead of listing characters that you think would be better off dead, what characters do you think should have had more screentime or a more fleshing out of his or her character?

I'll provide an example: Android #16 from DBZ. The only characters he had interactions with before his death were Krillin, the other two androids, Cell, Trunks, and Bulma and her father. So, it made no sense as to why he was able to fully understand Gohan's feelings and strife during the Cell Games. The fact that Gohan knew about 16's love for life, via the flying bird, doesn't make sense either, given that he had only known the android for the duration of the Cell Games; the dub added more fuel for that particular fire. Finally, even though #16 was the main cause for Gohan's transformation, there was no mention of him at all ever again. No flashbacks, no references, nothing.

So, like I asked, go ahead and ***** rant over characters you think deserved more in the series he or she is in. And saying "______ because he/she is my favorite character!!" isn't going to cut it.

Dattebayo

Banned
Shino and TenTen from Naruto, out of all the other Naruto characters whose given a lot of development, these two haven't been given development a lot. I say they should be mainly focused if a filler episode involves around any of those two.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Willie from Romeo x Juliet should have become the main protagonist and the had the entire series devoted to him, undergoing the title change to, Willie: The Most Awesome Flamboyant Playwright Stereotype Ever.

Would have saved the series from mediocrity and propelled it into Greatness with a capital G.

Chii

First Time Cosplayer
I Think That TenTen from Naruto should get more attention. I mean she was a good character yet, they didnt really show too much of her.

treespyro

Vintage much?
Future Trunks: He was so cool when he killed Furiza and then he got shafted until He fought with Vegeta and Cell in USSJ2 and then Shafted, Death and then Returned to his own time killed the Androids and Seru and then Shafted during the rest of the series and the Movies. C'mon he had a sword and he was the COOL son of Bulma and Vegeta.

He had a purpose the kill the Andriods and save the future and so on. But his personality sucked and his English Voice actor sucked. The japanese one was cooler. He didn't do much with USSJ2 which he reached.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Mitsuo Yamaki from Digimon Tamers. What made him so uptight to the point where he couldn't take disorder in any form? Which, as you know, prompted most of the first arc since he was out to destroy all the Digimon.
Also why is his image song about a romantic evening with a woman named Rosa (he spends the whole song *****ing about Christmas though) when he's dating Riley?

Anybody from Legend of the Crystals. The series sucked because it was four episodes long. If they'd given it more time, they could have fleshed it out nicely. And maybe they could have made me not want to punch Mid in the mouth although the game failed to cause such a chance in me so I doubt it. At least tell us what the deal was with Linaly's earring, and which of the Valiant Ones Prettz is descended from (we know Linaly is descended from Bartz, but Prettz is said to also be a descendant but we never find out which one). You don't even have to tell us if his sword is really the Masamune or not (although that'd be nice)...

Maxie and Archie on Pokémon. At least in the games it was implied that they'd known each other for a long time, but on the show we didn't even get *that*. Much less the key scene in the game where they wind up forgiving each other (although that left me wanting to know why and how they would do so considering they were enemies for so long). They've developed Giovanni somewhat (considerably more so than his game counterpart anyway) and Cyrus has the most in-game background and personality so they'd BETTER put that in, but these two got the short ends of the sticks.

daveshan

My little friend
Sito from Kenshin. They had one of the best rival fights I've ever seen and it deserved a conclusive winner.

The second to last bad guy from Trigun, the one that had Vash's real arm. He didn't really do too much.

Skullgreymon needed an actual story or reason for it.

Haxon22

iJerk
Shino from Naruto should have more and I hope he gets it

CrystalSaurTower

I'll provide an example: Android #16 from DBZ. The only characters he had interactions with before his death were Krillin, the other two androids, Cell, Trunks, and Bulma and her father. So, it made no sense as to why he was able to fully understand Gohan's feelings and strife during the Cell Games. The fact that Gohan knew about 16's love for life, via the flying bird, doesn't make sense either, given that he had only known the android for the duration of the Cell Games; the dub added more fuel for that particular fire. Finally, even though #16 was the main cause for Gohan's transformation, there was no mention of him at all ever again. No flashbacks, no references, nothing.

#17 was even worse. After flying around a little, he was the first to be absorbed and was hardly touched from there on except for that movie with Super 17.

I hated when tons of DBZ characters were neglected and ignored after they couldn't compete with the MCs. Tien, Yamcha, and Chiatzou had one profound moment in the Sayian Saga where they all just proved how powerful Nappa was and even after training at King Kai's the best they could accomplish was holding off the Ginyu Force (at a point in the series when Freiza was considered weak). And let's not forget the mass of orginal DB characters who got skipped over or simply forgotten to move the plot faster.

Last edited:

latios reborn

And let's not forget the mass of orginal DB characters who got skipped over or simply forgotten to move the plot faster.

And would you have liked DBZ to go on for way longer just so you could see how Snow,Eighter and Upa were doing? In some mini arc or what ever.. You know Goku just doesn't go visit people as he "has to train".

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
I'd say Tommy, J.P, Zoe and Koichi from Digimon Frontier. This is a issue of what I call 'Two mains, the rest get shoved into the background' syndrome. Basically, Takuya and Koji got all of that screentime and power boosts once they got Fusion and Unified Spirit Evolution. They could have at least let the others have Fusion Evolutions. But once Takuya and Koji got the mentioned Evolutions, they rapidly became the shows focus. The last Ancient Spirit Evolution with all of them (minus Koichi) just felt forced, like they were making one last try at keeping the group equal.

The same issue as mentioned above, but with Sora, Mimi, Izzy, Joe, T.K, Kari, Yolei and Cody from Digimon Adventure/02. In the original they focused on Tai and Matt far too much (they had a random prophecy about them, plus WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon). Those two got the only Megas in the original series. Then in Adventure 02, Davis and Ken got the focus. They got the only in series Mega belonging to the Digidestined (Imperialdramon, but WarGreymon was there too). The seond case was only slightly made up for becuase T.K and Kari got their Digimon to Mega in Hurricane Touchdown, but even then it was for about five seconds.

S31R31

The 90's
Kaworu Nagisa from Neon Genesis Evangelion

Misae-san and her cat from Clannad

the real Tanaki-san in Kuroshitsuji.

Raven in Hakushaku to Yousei

Alfonso

Derpgull
Kaworu Nagisa from Neon Genesis Evangelion

To be fair to GAINAX, I believe they were originally planning to have Kaworu appear much sooner but somewhere down the line it got pushed back. At least we'll be seeing much more of him in the new movies.

Marcel/Martin of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX. The series itself is FULL of characters that they simply did not do anything with but Marcel is one of the more significant. He appeared randomly a few times, had a few lines then was possessed for 10 episodes. After that we had one more scene before he left.

I would have loved to see more of his character, I liked his portrayal of lacking confidence a hell of a lot more than Syrus who simply clung onto Jaden and eventually went against everything he stood for by basically taking on his brother's deck.

'Oh he merged it with his own deck to make his own style' doesn't cut it with me.

Poor Marcel isn't even in Tag Force 3. :|

Kipcha

Kokoro from Gakuen Alice is pretty funny, since he can read minds and randomly spouts people thoughts, and he never really got a lot of screentime, or even a lot of mention in the manga. Youchi from Gakuen Alice is another one, he's too cute but not seen very often.

Cyan

Mortal

But he did appear for a second during the montauge at the end of GT.

We could've gotten creative with Vivi in One Piece, but no, we should just deal with her arc then leave her to be forgotten by the cast.

Sito from Kenshin. They had one of the best rival fights I've ever seen and it deserved a conclusive winner.

Saito got more than enough screen time/panels.

The second to last bad guy from Trigun, the one that had Vash's real arm. He didn't really do too much.

In the anime, yes. But in the manga he had a great lot of time appearing

And hiis name is Legato Bluesummers

PikaCharmander

O.O I'm watching you
I think Matsuda from Death Note sould have had more. He birings the stupidity to the anime. I mean, he's more than just a stupid single man that helped kill Light Yagami (gets mad then coms down). He just is alsome and needed to be more in the anime/manga.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
To be fair to GAINAX, I believe they were originally planning to have Kaworu appear much sooner but somewhere down the line it got pushed back.
Yep. His appearance is a few episodes earlier in the original proposal.

At least we'll be seeing much more of him in the new movies.
We've already seen a lot more of in the first movie, if you catch my drift.

Hmm, personally:

Dhalsim in Street Fighter II: V. The only thing he does in the series is just help Ryu to focus the ability to control the Hadou power. After that, he's just seen in flashbacks, and nothing else...Come on, he needed a little more of development. After all, everyone, Balrog included, had development in the series with jobs or their canon-history. Yes, he was fighting for the peace of the children of his country, but they don't pick the topic again in any moment.

The devil Kitsune Tamamo, from Jigoku sensei Nube. What happened to him? After the third attempt of him to discover the reason of Meisuke's(Nube's) strenght and realize that it was to have something to strive for (in Nube's case, the persons he loved), he said that they would meet again, but then he just dissapeared!. He was just mentioned in the ending of the manga in a responsive letter, but nothing else!. Come on! In one moment of the series he had the spotlight, then he's cut off all of a sudden; that's not good. I wouldn't care if he was going to return as a sidekick, after all, he had a lot of development in the manga and the anime, then...poof! What happened there!?

Genkai, from Yu Yu Hakusho. I don't know what happened here or what, as she was suggested to be one of the strongest persons ever living in the human world.
When she retrieved the power of the Shuu no ken to Yusuke, then she became utterly weak. What the hell happened there? I remember hearing a couple of times in the series and in the manga, from both Koenma-daioh and Toguro Ototo that even without those powers, she was the strongest person living!; and then, after a brief appearance in the third season to help against Sensui, she dies! How could they do this to her! why not giving her something like retirement, or living a life in tranquility, kinda like Muten Roshi, but dying!? that was just unfair to all the relevance that she caused in the middle of the series.

Gamekrazy

She was used so little, I don't even know her name, but that chick with the Dobermon from Digimon Tamers. She seemed to have fairly strong attachments to it when it sacrificed itself to let the tamers Biomerge, but she is only in the series that one scene, then dissapears. I would like to know a bit more about her... Ryo too. He gets to biomerge, but has no biomerge scene, and he sorta came out of nowhere for the fight against the D-reaper.

For adventure/02/frontier, everyone who arn't lead male characters. For Savers, Yoshino. True, Touma and Ikuto got brushed to the side a bit at the end, but at least they were fairly developed.