• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Characters that would've been good companions with Ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
I think the COTD In the Knicker of Time (Nikolai I think his name is) would of been a funny and interesting traveling companion for Ash and the others. Plus I thought his costumes were kinda awesome and I wanted to see more of him when the episode ended...D8

matt0044

I think the COTD In the Knicker of Time (Nikolai I think his name is) would of been a funny and interesting traveling companion for Ash and the others. Plus I thought his costumes were kinda awesome and I wanted to see more of him when the episode ended...D8

Yeah, it'd be cool when dealing with Team Rocket...

Misty Ketchum66

~Pokeshipping~
I'm wondering why they chose to have Iris travel with Ash in Unova. Because Hilda/Touko/White is the game character and usually Ash travels with that person; like in Pokemon Platinum/Diamond/Pearl and Pokemon Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire. Hmm...
I bet someone else already stated this, but I didn't see it. XD

Honeyichigo

The manliest
I'm wondering why they chose to have Iris travel with Ash in Unova. Because Hilda/Touko/White is the game character and usually Ash travels with that person; like in Pokemon Platinum/Diamond/Pearl and Pokemon Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire. Hmm...

Usually? The female companion with the longest run was a gym leader. There's no bias towards player characters being used as traveling companions.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer

Because they wanted to go backwards in seeing what they could have done better with traveling gymleaders. I would have rather Hilda with Musicals but they were thinking of something else. I rather watch people doing something special of their own in also helping develop their rivals as well.

DarkraiMiestro

something or other
N.
Imagine the fighting

Misty Ketchum66

~Pokeshipping~
Oh....that is true. But what I was saying, was that like in the Diamond and Pearl series, he was with Dawn, who was the playable character from the games, and then with May, who was the playable character from the Hoenn games. Then again, Misty, Brock, Iris, and Cilan are all gym leaders, so they weigh out May and Dawn who were just trainers. (Even though May is the daughter of a gym leader.) ^_^

Misty Ketchum66

~Pokeshipping~
Because they wanted to go backwards in seeing what they could have done better with traveling gymleaders. I would have rather Hilda with Musicals but they were thinking of something else. I rather watch people doing something special of their own in also helping develop their rivals as well.

I see... :) I would've liked to have Hilda be the person to travel with Ash, because I'd like to see how she is put into the storyline with Team Plasma and such. I also think having Hilda doing musicals would be interesting, or have her do what she does in the manga. At least then she had something to do other than Iris who doesn't do much while Ash collects gym badges.

I don't know if people would agree with me on this but do you all remember Casey from Johto? I think she was a great character who was fun, tough, hilarious and someone I could really see holding her on as a main character.

Airi-Chan

Falling Roses
[spoil] Trip and Kotetsu are good. Trip is the symbol of intelligence, Kotetsu is the symbol of dumbness. That would be great to see [/spoil]

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Kanto
As Ash was the only main character ingame, I had much rather he travel alone for the majority of the season, getting a companion in Saffron in the form of some new character.

Orange
Tracey was fine... But Misty again was reduntant.

Johto
Casey honestly had a lot of potential in becoming a companion, and Macey (Fire trainer who was crushing on Ash (was recurring character and technically a League Rival)) did too.

Hoenn
So much wasted here. Had Wally appeared, Ash had a companion who actually was new, and because of his game situation, he could have been the first Rival companion. Drew could have been good if there was no May.

Kanto BF
The lineup was ok, but I could have missed May and Max and replace them with Leaf.

Sinnoh
Ok. This one had me fooled that Paul would have travelled with Ash and Dawn because of merchandise. Dawn is fine, but I think that Conway and Barry could have been great mainstay characters for comic relief, as none of the other characters had much comic in them in DP/G/Pt.

Unova
... I think that Chili would have made a much better companion than Cilan, and that Bianca should have been travelling with Ash instead of Iris. Add Kotetsu near the League, and you have seriousness, comic relief, and whatever else you need. And Ash.

matt0044

Hoenn
So much wasted here. Had Wally appeared, Ash had a companion who actually was new, and because of his game situation, he could have been the first Rival companion. Drew could have been good if there was no May.

Unova
... I think that Chili would have made a much better companion than Cilan, and that Bianca should have been travelling with Ash instead of Iris. Add Kotetsu near the League, and you have seriousness, comic relief, and whatever else you need. And Ash.

Yeah, Wally could've made for a good Trainer for Ash to mentor and they could expand on his sickly nature while showing the characters as one who won't let anything bog him down.

Bianca would've made for a better companion for sure.

Champion Cynthia108

Sinnoh's Champion
I'm fine with all the companions until Unova. I think that since Iris is the Champion in Black Version 2 and White Version 2, she should leave and continue training to be a Dragon masyer on her own, then Cilan could go back to the Gym. Ash would yhen run into a girl named Rosa, who would become his companion from now on, on the quest to defeat Team Plasma, with a little help from Hugh, a young man searching for his sister's Purrloin that was stolen by Team Plasma. Along the way, they meet Hilbert, another Trainer who is looking for his twin sister Hilda.

For the final battle, Hilda comes back to help stop Team Plasma with her Dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.