• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Charizard deck (please help)

Kidundead

Hi!

So I'm planning on making this deck but before I buy most of these cards I wanted people to check the deck first, feel free to add/take out cards. Not sure if to put in a ho-oh and its break or a Delphox and its break for back up but here is a rough draft of the planned deck

Charazard deck

Pokemon
Charazard ex (flash fire) 2
Mega charazard X (fire type) (flash fire)
Mega charazard X (dragon type) (flash fire)
Woberfett (BREAKthrough) 4
Shedinja (dragons exalted) 4

Items
Pokemon nurse 4
Evosoda 4
Tireno 4
Town map 2
Trick coin 4
Layndsere 4
Trevor 4
Hard charm 4
Vs seeker 4

Energy
Dark energy 1
Fire energy 21
Burning energy 1
Blend energy 1

Raven19528

Hi!

So I'm planning on making this deck but before I buy most of these cards I wanted people to check the deck first, feel free to add/take out cards. Not sure if to put in a ho-oh and its break or a Delphox and its break for back up but here is a rough draft of the planned deck

Charazard deck

Pokemon
Charazard ex (flash fire) 2
Mega charazard X (fire type) (flash fire)
Mega charazard X (dragon type) (flash fire)
Woberfett (BREAKthrough) 4
Shedinja (dragons exalted) 4

Items
Pokemon nurse 4
Evosoda 4
Tireno 4
Town map 2
Trick coin 4
Layndsere 4
Trevor 4
Hard charm 4
Vs seeker 4

Energy
Dark energy 1
Fire energy 21
Burning energy 1
Blend energy 1

First thoughts are that you have way too much energy. Second, your trainers aren't complimenting what your deck does. As far as I can tell, Shedinja and Wobbuffet are there simply to stall until you get your mega Zard set up. Any opponent will see right through this strategy, and start setting up their side to take down zard. I'm using Volcanion from the newest set in a fire deck, but if you were looking to get the cards anyway, I think you would be better off concentrating your effort. Add two more Charizard EX, take out one style and focus on the other, for me, I'll just show how I would concentrate on the fire side. Take out Wobbuffet and Trick Coin. And Hard Charm, and Evosoda. You can replace Trevor with Ultra Ball. Add in Blacksmiths, Charizard Spirit Links, Protection Cubes, N, Professor Sycamore, Energy Retrieval to name a few. I know it's changing a lot, but your deck as is seems weak to being picked off easily by a discard/control deck, or any deck that can weather the dual mega zard attack. This provides consistency and depth to it.

Charizard EX 4
Mega Charizard EX (fire type) 4
Shedinja 4

Pokémon Nurse Lady 4
N 4
Professor Sycamore 3
Scorched Land 2
Protection Cube 4
Ultra Ball 4
VS Seeker 4
Blacksmith 4
Skyla 4
Professor's Letter 3

Fire Energy 8
Double Colorless Energy 4

Trainers are your lifeblood, so use them as such. This variant should easily get you Mega Zard on the table quickly. And with the double colorless, you can get him fully powered faster. Don't be afraid to do a hand refresh, as sometimes that's what you need to win. A protection cube on one zard turns him into a monster. As he doesn't hurt himself, and can spam a 300 damage attack every turn with no penalty. Throw a fire energy on Shedinja to let him attack, and discard one for Scorched Land, when Shedinja dies, you get to use Blacksmith and potentially add 3 energy in a single turn.

Consistency is what makes great decks. Look for ways to ensure you get your main strategy going as easily/quickly as possible, and use them. Good luck, and have fun, no matter what deck you end up using.

Kidundead

A protection cube on one zard turns him into a monster. As he doesn't hurt himself, and can spam a 300 damage attack every turn with no penalty..

But I thought the protection cube just stops recoil damage, but Zard has no moves that deal recoil damage making the card useless?

Raven19528

Are you looking at standard format or extended? Honestly, the discard aspect of that attack can get quite brutal, especially when you are milling through a good part of your deck to get to it. I'll try to put some thought into it.