1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Charizard + Fly, outside of battle in Red?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation I & II Discussion' started by thealexweb, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thealexweb

thealexweb New Member

Charizard can't learn Fly in Red / Blue, I know if I trade my Charizard to Yellow and teach it the move and then trade it back it will be able to use the move in battle, but will it be able to use the move outside of battle?

Thanks in advance :)

2. hellfighter

hellfighter Well-Known Member

Wait, a flying type pokemon like Charzard can learn wing attack, but it can't learn Fly? WTH?

3. thealexweb

thealexweb New Member

Yeh it's pretty vague why he can't learn it but in Yellow and onwards he could :p

4. hellfighter

hellfighter Well-Known Member

Well if Pickachu in Blue/Red/Yellow can learn Surf then if you trade a Charzard with "FLY" to Red/Blue, it should work.

5. RaZoR LeAf

RaZoR LeAf Night Terror

Yes, it will still work. It's technically a trade-back. So long as the move exists in the game, then the pokemon can have it. Yellow isn't a great example, but Gold and Silver introduced several good trade-backs, such as Confuse Ray on Starmie.

6. thealexweb

thealexweb New Member

I'll give it a try then, thanks everyone :)

7. thealexweb

thealexweb New Member

I know most expected this, I just tried it and yes Fly fully works, inside and outside of battle.

8. Tonguetyd

Tonguetyd Well-Known Member

Charizard can't learn Wing Attack in RBY.

9. RedTroopa

RedTroopa Flame Trainer

Dragonite can't learn fly in R/B either

10. Prohawk

Prohawk A Professional Bird

I hate that. Dnite and Charizard would be sooo boss with STAB Fly..

11. Psychic

Psychic Really and truly Staff Member Moderator

Question answered, thread gets closed. :p

~Psychic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.