• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Charizard = Mamoswine

scizor master

Put scizor on these!
I can already picture the "original" storyline mamoswine runs off, it either gets hurt and dawn heals it or dawn risks herself for it, the end...

thunderblade12

Speculation:

Dawn's next contest: Zoey has some big, strong new pokemon like Mismagius or Gastrodon and Dawn is worried she can't win. She decides to give Mamoswine a chance and it costs her the contest. Zoey tells Dawn to train Mamo before using it again.

Post-contest: Dawn takes her advice and trains Mamoswine. There is an episode revolving around MamoswineXDawn on the way to Snowpoint City which involves a blizzard and the group needing an ice type to help them get through the high snow. This will be the episode Mamoswine begins obeying Dawn for some reason.

Later: Dawn uses Mamoswine in a contest near Snowpoint and wins her 4th ribbon

uber gon

Accept Change
Speculation:

Dawn's next contest: Zoey has some big, strong new pokemon like Mismagius or Gastrodon and Dawn is worried she can't win. She decides to give Mamoswine a chance and it costs her the contest. Zoey tells Dawn to train Mamo before using it again.

Post-contest: Dawn takes her advice and trains Mamoswine. There is an episode revolving around MamoswineXDawn on the way to Snowpoint City which involves a blizzard and the group needing an ice type to help them get through the high snow. This will be the episode Mamoswine begins obeying Dawn for some reason.

Later: Dawn uses Mamoswine in a contest near Snowpoint and wins her 4th ribbon

Meh, I'm just hoping Mamoswine obeys Dawn in time for the Grand Festival.

Squaaah

I like the idea of Dawn and Mamoswine being caught up in a Blizzard which makes them closer. I think thats a good story line which the writers should utilize.

~Magic Thunderbolt~

Ryano Ra

Verdant Vitality
I like that idea up there. Quite nice.

Being caught in a blizzard. After all, the road to Snowpoint is treacherous, at least in the games. As for the comparison of Charizard to Mamoswine, I do see them. But there isn't enough. Charizard had more of an arrogance with his power, only facing challenges against opponents that deemed themselves worthy against him (or proved that they are as stronger, or as strong, as him). Mamoswine does seem to have a similar attitude from the episode, but in most cases, seems to just become out of control with itself, and does not seem the time to listen to its trainer, but instead, has its own mentality separate from the trainer. What I do hope is that Dawn gets that monster under control in time for a beautiful Snowpoint City debut. That would be awesome. Buneary and Mamoswine used in the Contest/Battle portions respectively.

pokemonster2191

turtles=pwnage
As soon as a character gets an unobedient Pokemon, it's a charizard rehash. e_e You've seen it in one episode. Let the writers give it something to develop its personality. Stop jumping to conclusions.

char-cario

I still think that Mamoswine's disobedience costing Dawn her GF is the best approach and a great wake-up slap for Dawn's pride.

t00lb0x31

< AzurePride (White)
from what i remember charmeleon took more than one episode before it evolved into charizard. charmander evolving was the season finale, for the US at least. there was a time gap.

Ragnarofl

Binkan Binkan Binkan
Charizard always ignored Ash's commands by either sleeping or flaming his face. Mamoswine doesn't seem to even acknowledge Dawn's existence, it's like a dumb wild animal.

dman_dustin

I still think that Mamoswine's disobedience costing Dawn her GF is the best approach and a great wake-up slap for Dawn's pride.

Seriously why? Dawn isn't anything like that, she didn't even gloat when she won the Wallace Cup. Where is this sudden Dawn bashing coming from (saw it another forum)?

Mela

pasbl. newbie
Mamoswine will definetly be a major power house and I agree with the speculation somewherebout 10 posts above or so ^^

Colin

Charizard always ignored Ash's commands by either sleeping or flaming his face. Mamoswine doesn't seem to even acknowledge Dawn's existence, it's like a dumb wild animal.

Makes sense. Isn't one of it's abilities Oblivious?

Yep, her team is starting to look an awful lot like Ash's Kanto team. A bunch of small, cute Pokemon, and one big, disobedient powerhouse.

HoennMaster

She already got her "wake-up slap" by losing two contests in a row. She doesn't need another. Plus having Mamo lose the GF would be the dumb way to make it happen.

from what i remember charmeleon took more than one episode before it evolved into charizard. there was a time gap.

3 episodes, one more then Piloswine. Yeah, gap alright.

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!
Agreed.
It's a good thing though---Dawn could learn how to be a better trainer :)