• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Charizard = Mamoswine

heatran_ran

Lost in Ilex Forest
There is definitely a similarity. However, on a bigger scale, could this be leading to something? It seems like that Dawn is retracing ash's steps. Besides a possible ship, I seems to mark a milestone in the series. It feels significant.
(I know i'm weird)

Alfonso

Derpgull
So let me get this straight. Dawn's newly evolved Piloswine has evolved into Mamoswine and now disobeys her?

Urgh, terrible writing.

I really did not want another 'disobeying' Pokemon, especially a third stage form just because how generic people usually are about it. Whenever a Pokemon evolve into a third stage people speculate on how it will be the new Charizard- Sceptile was an example of this. If Mamoswine starts using Blizzard on Dawn to freeze her that'll be the icing on the already rather sour cake.

Evolving this fast really is horrible pacing. They should either have evolved Swinub into Pilo sooner or at least waited 5 or so episodes- when Brock started using his Zubat again just because the writers wanted to evolve it, it evolved fast but not enough to be noticably cringe worthy. The writers seem to be rushing again for some reason, they get into this situation every season- especially if new generation is coming.

Looks like we'll be seeing another rushed League! :D

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
I theorise that Mamoswine’s flagrantly aggressive tendencies and obsession with foodstuffs stem from repressed memories of some childhood trauma. Possibly relating to the unfortunate loss of it’s beloved mother, be it through death or not coming back from the shops to purchase a pint…of milk. This would explain the charging towards the vicinity of possible surrogate parents (in this case, Jessie and Dawn), as well as the constant involuntary rants consisting of the words ‘OH MOM?! MOM?! MOM!!”

Meanwhile, Charizard was just a prick who thought he was above the law because HIS card was the rarest and you could be easily cheated out of a hard-earned Dark Dragonite and your favourite Hitmonchan shiny, the first you'd ever recieved, just to get your stinking hands on it. My base set will never be completed, my life is empty!

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
Meanwhile, Charizard was just a prick who thought he was above the law because HIS card was the rarest and you could be easily cheated out of a hard-earned Dark Dragonite and your favourite Hitmonchan shiny, the first you'd ever recieved, just to get your stinking hands on it. My base set will never be completed, my life is empty!

Classic Gravy

I think Mamoswine is a prick as well, Or its just angry it evolved so fast. I mean if 2 days ago you could fit on someones shoulder, and now your a huge furry behemoth, I would want to find the nearest living thing and Kill it as well

Dawn should have caught a piloswine instead. Now everyone is blaming the writers for their pace and the charizard storyline. Dawn should through the mamo away or she will lose the GF due to it just like charizard. Maybe it will start to obey her before that.

Tom Nook

Feel free to browse
All of this could've been avoided though if she got Swinub the first time they had a filler about it. Unless they sped up the evolution anyway, which wouldn't surprise me either.

Even with this, I don't see why people are speculating it'll cause carnage/trouble/hijinks considering she's had it for one episode. We need some time to ascertain how it'll be used.

Jaguar297

I'm back!
Well, really, the writers rushed the evolution a little bit, so now Mamoswine doesn't listen to Dawn. And maybe it will start to listen before the GF. But still, we're not sure, Mamoswine is a big powerhouse so I think it'll listen at some point. Zoey, or Lucian(Again) will give her a big lecture, then she's gonna try what they said, then Mamoswine will sorta listen, then it will, then she becomes not first at the GF but Nando does, then her Mamoswine will like Dawn... End of Story. Although, there is a different way, maybe Dawn's Mamoswine will just not obey her, and Dawn'll trade with someone, and, yeah....

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
^ Dont even joke like that, besides if she traded now that would just prove that she isnt a good trainer at all. Learning to deal with situations like this is what makes you better and if she were to quit on Mamoswine now people would really hate her

PDL

disenchanted
So let me get this straight. Dawn's newly evolved Piloswine has evolved into Mamoswine and now disobeys her?

Urgh, terrible writing.

It's a show designed for children, what more do you expect?

Looks like we'll be seeing another rushed League! :D

Why do people keep saying this? the writers just want to promote 4th gen Pokémon. Even if it means rushing evolutions to get to them.

Urgh, terrible writing.

Looks like u think u can write better. Who wud have liked to see 2nd Gen pokemon for so long. Besides if u think u have capabilities of being a good writer then talk to Satoshi Tajiri or pokemon USA.

There's a few...minor differences.
Minor.
Very minor.

Charizard:
-Obtained as a little, forgotten Pokemon, from a d-bag who was a little like Shinji, except he smiled and laughed. Odd.
-Was mean and nasty to pretty much everything.
-Wasn't concerned with anything but sleep/maintaining its power.

Mamooooo:
-Obtained in the backyard of some rich dude who only brags about his damn garden.
-Eats enough food to last a third world nation at least two years.
-Only interested in food.
-Its fuzzyyyyy. <3

Squaaah

Well, really, the writers rushed the evolution a little bit, so now Mamoswine doesn't listen to Dawn. And maybe it will start to listen before the GF. But still, we're not sure, Mamoswine is a big powerhouse so I think it'll listen at some point. Zoey, or Lucian(Again) will give her a big lecture, then she's gonna try what they said, then Mamoswine will sorta listen, then it will, then she becomes not first at the GF but Nando does, then her Mamoswine will like Dawn... End of Story. Although, there is a different way, maybe Dawn's Mamoswine will just not obey her, and Dawn'll trade with someone, and, yeah....

God I hope Zoey doesn't tell her what to do about this! I want her to find out on her own, and it'll just make Zoey even more of an annoying bossy b*tch.

Nazomi?!??!
WHERE?!?!?
*hides under desk*
Notagainnotagain.
Seriously, that's the LAST thing we need right now.
Her popping out behind a convenient wall/form of shrubbery, telling Hikari "You should learn to control your Pokemon, let me help," then going into her whole stupid speech...gahhhh. x-x

Alfonso

Derpgull
Looks like u think u can write better. Who wud have liked to see 2nd Gen pokemon for so long. Besides if u think u have capabilities of being a good writer then talk to Satoshi Tajiri or pokemon USA.

Satoshi Tajiri does not write the Pokemon episodes.

Pokemon USA does not actually write the original content of the episodes, the only writing they do is the translated script.

So yes, I could probably write actual Pokemon episodes better than Tajiri and USA.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to see an 'old' 2nd Generation Pokemon for longer than one episode. Probably not even that if you count its actual screen time. Aipom was a 2nd Generation AND evolved into a 4th Generation but that was still very popular, had a lot of screentime AND had a unique trading plot.

2nd Generation Pokemon that evolves into 4th Generation... kinda sounds like a bit like Aipom.

...and Gligar.

Piloswine may have been a middle stage and I wouldn't have wanted it around for ages but the way the writers handled it was rather poor.

I personally would have had it as Pilo for at least around 5 episodes then build up a small plot as to why it would evolve so fast. Even if it was another 'trainer is in trouble, Pokemon evolves to save trainer' situation.

Pacing is important. The Pokemon writers never seem to grasp this concept.

Well it was ok for Aipom and Gligar but who wud like to see a pig with covered eyes moving here and there for five episodes. We didn't see much of charmeleon even n its own Gen so why that Bushy pig get some screentime. Its 5th Gen and we want 5th gen pokes.
Satoshi Tajiri does not write the Pokemon episodes.

Pokemon USA does not actually write the original content of the episodes, the only writing they do is the translated script.

So yes, I could probably write actual Pokemon episodes better than Tajiri and USA.
Well I was saying consult them I never said they are the writers.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Well it was ok for Aipom and Gligar but who wud like to see a pig with covered eyes moving here and there for five episodes. We didn't see much of charmeleon even n its own Gen so why that Bushy pig get some screentime.

Who would like to see a deformed monkey with a hand on a tail moving here and there for 73 episodes.

All Pokemon have their own unique traits and appearence, there are fans of Aipom and Gligar as well as fans of Piloswine. It sounds to me like you're basing your whole arguement of how Piloswine should have evolved quickly on the fact that you don't like its appearence.

Its 5th Gen and we want 5th gen pokes.

It's 4th Generation actually. If the show followed the logic of 'only current generation Pokemon can be shown' then we wouldn't have seen Aipom for those 73 episodes and Brock wouldn't have evolved Bonsly. You also stated that it was okay for Aipom and Gligar to stick around for a lengthy (Longer than Pilo, at least) period of time despite them being old Pokemon. Hypocricy, much?

Your arguements don't add up and are full of hypocricy and double standards.

Squaaah

Who would like to see a deformed monkey with a hand on a tail moving here and there for 73 episodes.

Who wouldnt?! :p

Anyway, it wasnt too bad writing when you think about it, due to the way Piloswine evolves, in the games its a very quick evolution. The writers probably wanted to capture that in the anime. It sucks for Piloswine fans but sometimes sacrifces have to be made.

And yeah, I think most people on this forum could write better then pokemon USA :D

CharizardBlastoise

Squirtle Power!
dragon =/= mammoth

Both Are Extinct Animals In Reality ;)
Although My Point Was Personality Wise..

Hope For The Sinnoh Battle Arena;
Charizard Is Used In A Battle Against One Of The Head Things Then There Is A Charizard VS Mamoswine Show Down xD

Squaaah

Both Are Extinct Animals In Reality

Dragons aren't extinct, they never existed. They're only legends. Unless you mean stuff like Camodo(sp) Dragons, which aren't extinct either.