• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Charizard vs. Infernape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkrai619

Pokemon Veteran
This thread discusses who's Ash's go-to fire type people have different opinions so to get this started I'm saying Charizard due to it haven't used his Blaze ability and hung in there vs. 2 Legends: Dream Entei-Articuno

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
While on the one hand Charizard is good and all, Infernape is just awesome in my opinion. Unfortunately, Ash will use a Mega Charizard and that will be that.

nameman

Charizard simply has the better feats and has proven himself to be Ash's strongest Ace. Furthermore, Infernape is reliant on Blaze unlike Charizard. Ash's Charizard (just Ash's) is on another level from the majority of Ash's Pokemon.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Charizard slightly edges Blazed Infernape in terms of raw power. But raw power isn't everything and Charizard seems to have the edge in most other departments including better feats and a type-advantage.
Charizard takes it for me.

Inferno792

Food Wars
Charizard is by far stronger than Infernape.
Power, feats, experience, resilient, etc.
The only thing that Infernape has that might be close to Charizrd is speed. Charizard is fast, you havent been able to see it because it flies.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Charizard is by far stronger than Infernape.
Power, feats, experience, resilient, etc.
The only thing that Infernape has that might be close to Charizrd is speed. Charizard is fast, you havent been able to see it because it flies.
Wouldn't say by far stronger. He's stronger but he's not on a whole different level. Infernape would give him a run for his money in battle but would come up short.

Inferno792

Food Wars
Wouldn't say by far stronger. He's stronger but he's not on a whole different level. Infernape would give him a run for his money in battle but would come up short.

There is a huge difference in their powers and experience as I mentioned.
It is on a whole different level when compared in terms of experience, brute power, strength.
Infernape hasn't had enough time to even come close to what Charizard is.

0ddish

Charizard; besides being extremely strong and never relying on the Blaze ability, Charizard also trained in the Charicific Valley for who knows how long, which, to me, shows Character, and strength of will. And, as we all know, when it comes down to it in the Anime, it's not the strongest Pokémon, but the Pokémon with the strongest will to win.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
There is a huge difference in their powers and experience as I mentioned.
It is on a whole different level when compared in terms of experience, brute power, strength.
Infernape hasn't had enough time to even come close to what Charizard is.
Not necessarily. Charizard bossed OS and Infernape bossed Sinnoh. Both had half sweeps in the League though Infernape did it against a better trainer while Charizard had to do it with type disadvantage. Charizard has the legendary win over Infernape but Infernape never fought a Legendary. Infernape also has the best W/L ratio of all of Ash's Pokemon.
Charizard is stronger but there is no evidence that shows he's on a whole other level. If Ash Mega Evolves it then he'd be on a different level buy until then Charizard has just the slight edge

Inferno792

Food Wars
Not necessarily. Charizard bossed OS and Infernape bossed Sinnoh. Both had half sweeps in the League though Infernape did it against a better trainer while Charizard had to do it with type disadvantage. Charizard has the legendary win over Infernape but Infernape never fought a Legendary. Infernape also has the best W/L ratio of all of Ash's Pokemon.
Charizard is stronger but there is no evidence that shows he's on a whole other level. If Ash Mega Evolves it then he'd be on a different level buy until then Charizard has just the slight edge
You agree that Charizard bossed the OS, and after that he's been training with the best. When Infernape was a Chimchar, Charizard would have defeated it with just flaps of it's wings. Chimchar trained to get stronger and evolved into Infernape but Charizard wasn't just sitting around doing nothing in all that time. He was training and getting stronger too, and training which is far more intense that any other type of training. Training to be the best of it's species. We have seeen how strong Alan's Charizard is haven't we. Charizard is just as strong, if not stronger.
Is there any evidence that Paul is a better trainer than Garyl?
He might have better strategies but there is no proof that he is a better trainer than Gary. And Gary's Blastoise is stronger than Paul's Electivire.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I think both Fire-types are overrated in general, but Charizard has a bigger legacy, so I vote for him.

nameman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knqP9XSPoNw

BW might have a whole lot of faults, but it definitely shows that Charizard is on a different level now. For another comparison, this is the battle with Drake's Dragonite when he was much weaker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCL7s9mdY-c

You're going to have to skip to the middle.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
You agree that Charizard bossed the OS, and after that he's been training with the best.
Is there any evidence that Paul is a better trainer than Paul?
He might have better strategies but there is no proof that he is a better trainer than Gary. And Gary's Blastoise is stronger than Paul's Electivire.
Well Paul has just as much experience as Ash (barring the Battle Frontier). Sinnoh Ash is regarded as Ash's peak as a trainer. Gary pushed Johto Ash to the limit but lost. Paul had the edge over Sinnoh Ash up until the league. Sinnoh Ash is a better trainer than Johto Ash so it can be assumed Paul is a better trainer than Gary.
Also there is no proof Gary's Blastoise is stronger than Paul's Electivire. It's a much safer bet to assume the opposite is true.
Like I said before Charizard is the strongest but it's not some unbeatable God that's on another level entirely to the rest of Ash's A squad.

Inferno792

Food Wars
Well Paul has just as much experience as Ash (barring the Battle Frontier). Sinnoh Ash is regarded as Ash's peak as a trainer. Gary pushed Johto Ash to the limit but lost. Paul had the edge over Sinnoh Ash up until the league. Sinnoh Ash is a better trainer than Johto Ash so it can be assumed Paul is a better trainer than Gary.
Also there is no proof Gary's Blastoise is stronger than Paul's Electivire. It's a much safer bet to assume the opposite is true.
Like I said before Charizard is the strongest but it's not some unbeatable God that's on another level entirely to the rest of Ash's A squad.
Ash's Charizard is unbeatable by any other Pokemon of Ash's.
The Pokemon Ash used against in his battle against Gary were stronger compared to the Pokemon he used against Paul.
He used all the Pokemon he had against Gary while he used only his Sinnoh team against Paul.
And again, Gary's Blastoise has trained for much longer than Paul's Electivire so that says it.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Ash's Charizard is unbeatable by any other Pokemon of Ash's.
The Pokemon Ash used against in his battle against Gary were stronger compared to the Pokemon he used against Paul.
He used all the Pokemon he had against Gary while he used only his Sinnoh team against Paul.
And again, Gary's Blastoise has trained for much longer than Paul's Electivire so that says it.
Snorlax could take the Zard. Peak Pikachu might too.
I don't see what using his Sinnoh team against Paul has anything to do. He rotated so his Lake Acuity team could get payback.
And we have no idea when Paul got Elekid. Probably later than when Gary got Squirtle but Paul's training methods are harsher and stricter than Gary's so no that doesn't say anything.

nameman

I don't see what using his Sinnoh team against Paul has anything to do. He rotated so his Lake Acuity team could get payback.
And we have no idea when Paul got Elekid. Probably later than when Gary got Squirtle but Paul's training methods are harsher and stricter than Gary's so no that doesn't say anything.

Peak Pikachu and Sceptile might, but I just don't think Snorlax is at that level. Don't get me wrong; Snorlax is a tank and surprisingly swift. I just don't think he could beat the likes of Dragonite or a Legendary. He would most definitely push them though.

Last edited:

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Peak Pikachu and Sceptile might, but I just don't think Snorlax is at that level. Don't get me wrong; Snorlax is a tank and surprisingly swift. I just don't think he could beat the likes of Dragonite or a Legendary. He would most definitely push them though.

I have this little headcanon that Sceptile actually beat Charizard when he first returned from the Valley (and he was being too cocky for his own good) via Rock Slide. From then on the Zard keeps his ego in check, particularly when Sceptile is around.

Inferno792

Food Wars

Dude, no they cant!
it's as simple as that.
They don't have the firepower to do so.

I have this little headcanon that Sceptile actually beat Charizard when he first returned from the Valley (and he was being too cocky for his own good) via Rock Slide. From then on the Zard keeps his ego in check, particularly when Sceptile is around.

That won't be happening in tha canon anime. They just don't have enough training.

What is the power of Peak Pikachu according to you?
And there is no way Sceptile can beat Charizard. Reason : Training, 4x Disadvantage.

Last edited:

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Dude, no they cant!
it's as simple as that.
They don't have the firepower to do so.
Why not? Snorlax has the best defense and endurance out of all of Ash's Pokémon and has a great offense to boot not to mention it's ridiculously fast for its species.
Pikachu has the best feats of all of Ash's Pokémon and a type-advantage. At his peak form yes he can

Status
Not open for further replies.