• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Charizard vs. Infernape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Either could win, it's tough to decide. Both are powerhouses and have achieved many tough victories. I really can't decide tbh.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Charizard hands down
infernape strong because it rely with hi s ability blaze

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Charizard hands down
infernape strong because it rely with hi s ability blaze
Infernape has only relied on Blaze to win 2 battles. It's strong on its own without Blaze

Inferno792

Food Wars
I understand it now. In the Gary battle in Johto, Charizard was depicted as the last line of defense. Infernape was depicted in the same fashion. Instead of Blastoise's Hydro Pump blasts-insert Drapion's Toxic Spikes in that same equation because Infernape was Ash's last hope to mount his comeback. Infernape was the only person to get rid of it.

The only plausible reason I think Infernape is capable of being up there with Charizard and the others is because one's ability to change the course of the battle back in Ash's favor. Completely disregarding said pokemon's ability (Infernape's Blaze) all together. Quite clever if I do say so myself!
Infernape has only relied on Blaze to win 2 battles. It's strong on its own without Blaze
With blaze probably infernape. Without it I'd give it to Charizard.
Even with Blaze, Infernape cant beat Charizard.

Charizard fought on disadvantages and won pretty comprehensively against Gary.(Charizard looked pretty ready to battle without many injuries even after he defeated Blastoise)
Infernape has never fought an official battle on a disadvantage. Most of them have been with type advantages.

Darkrai619

Pokemon Veteran
Infernape and Charizard have the same ability. In Blaze, Infernape leads all of Ash's pokemon in activating it 5 times. Charizard hypothetically used his ability once and that was during the episode Charizard Chills when he began to listen to Ash. Due to a dub edit it was labeled as Rage but in as a fan from the beginning you can tell it activated Blaze

Arrow-Jolteon

Electric Trainer
Infernape and Charizard have the same ability. In Blaze, Infernape leads all of Ash's pokemon in activating it 5 times. Charizard hypothetically used his ability once and that was during the episode Charizard Chills when he began to listen to Ash. Due to a dub edit it was labeled as Rage but in as a fan from the beginning you can tell it activated Blaze

Except that at the time that the episode aired Abilities didn't exist yet; those were introduced in Generation 3... or are you saying that it was a retcon?

Darkrai619

Pokemon Veteran
Except that at the time that the episode aired Abilities didn't exist yet; those were introduced in Generation 3... or are you saying that it was a retcon?

I'm implying it as the Very first time an ability was showcased. Gen 3 continued from that inciting event.
Gen 1 focused more introducing The franchise not every knook and cranny involved (Abilities).

Gen 2 focused more on to making the show appealling on a global scale.

Gen 3 focused on the different avenues people and pokemon can take. (Special Abilities)

Gen 4 capitalized on Gen 3's success by having focused solely on various abilities.

Gen 5 reaped the benefits of past Gens and becoming a global empire

Gen 6 introduced the concept of Mega Evolution to give some past pokemon one more crack at it.

In my opinion Charizard using it's "Rage" attack vs. TR in "Charizard Chills" was Charizard activating Blaze not Rage at all. At the time the writers didn't know how to interpret Abilities in the show.

Last edited:

phanpycross

God-king
I'm implying it as the Very first time an ability was showcased. Gen 3 continued from that inciting event.
Gen 1 focused more introducing The franchise not every knook and cranny involved (Abilities).

Gen 2 focused more on to making the show appealling on a global scale.

Gen 3 focused on the different avenues people and pokemon can take. (Special Abilities)

Gen 4 capitalized on Gen 3's success by having focused solely on various abilities.

Gen 5 reaped the benefits of past Gens and becoming a global empire

Gen 6 introduced the concept of Mega Evolution to give some past pokemon one more crack at it.

In my opinion Charizard using it's "Rage" attack vs. TR in "Charizard Chills" was Charizard activating Blaze not Rage at all. At the time the writers didn't know how to interpret Abilities in the show.

(this is pretty off topic, my vote goes for infernape, sick of zard).

Thats being very unfair to gen 5, having to be the followup to the generation that introduced poke-god is a super tough feat, and the show was the same way, since they needed to nerf Ash, despite knowing how much hate they were going to get for it, Gen 5 was in no way, "just reaping from the last generations".

Darkrai619

Pokemon Veteran
I'm talking how the Anime has progressed not the games. This is my comparison just saying, I only created this thread for people to discuss who's better overall. We've been discussing abilities between Charizard and Infernape so explain how the anime's progression from Then and Now. Infernape had executed it's ability 5 seperate times. Charizard hasn't even once other than my example from Charizard Chills, when the concept of abilities hasn't been introduced yet. If Charizard was given the same opportunity as Infernape showcasing its ability same goes for Infernape battling legends. It's like a two edged sword.

Infernape - Be deemed powerful through ability on the battlefield. Blaze Ability On/Off. Infernape is one of Ash's best but he doesn't match to the pedigree Charizard holds

Or

Charizard - Go out and battle legendary pokemon and prove your strength. Even without battling legends has gotten Ash in/out of various jams.

Infernape was a beast in DP and he had a lot of impressive victories. Almost every Gym Battle he was in, he really dominated and wiping out half of Paul's team in DP was no easy feat. But I think Charizard's records are more impressive. He beat a Legendary Pokémon, Articuno, he went toe to toe with Entei in M3, he wiped out half of Gary's team, he won several big Gym matches for Ash (Blaine, Falkner, and Clair). Plus, with all his training at the Charicific Valley, he clearly learned a lot.

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
May I mention one thing: for a whole two seasons, Charizard was worse than a Caterpie at Ash's side. Infernape had always been defendant of Ash.

5221A

May I mention one thing: for a whole two seasons, Charizard was worse than a Caterpie at Ash's side. Infernape had always been defendant of Ash.
Because Ash had yet to prove himself. Charzard did something that happens with Pokemon in-games, if the OT is not the current after a certain level that Pokemon will stop obeying the trainer, the level cap depends on the number of badges the trainer owns, this is of course not the case of the anime (because 'zard still didn't listen to Ash after he had 8 badges) but it is still very similar.

I think Charzard is by far Ash's strongest Pokemon ever. Followed by Snorlax, Snorlax closely followed by Sceptile and Infernape.

Status
Not open for further replies.