• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Charizard X Discussion

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Charizard X turns games around. That bulk is too bulky and its design is my inner 10 year olds wet dream.

What's with all the Y discussion, huh?

KillerDraco

Plus, this thread should've been for both in the first place. Part of what makes the Mega Charizards so good is that, barring packing a Frisk user, you can't really know what to expect from it until it mega evolves, and that makes trying to counter it dangerous. Sure, you can make logical inferences about which Mega Evolution they may be using based on their other teammates, but there's no guarantee. If you send in your Quagsire expecting it to stop Mega Charizard X, then you'll have a problem if it evolves into Y and fries Quagsire with Solarbeam. Likewise, if you send out your Assault Vest Goodra to tank a Fire Blast from Mega Charizard Y, but it mega evolves into X, then bye bye Goodra as it eats a Dragon Claw or Outrage on its much weaker defense stat. So the fact that they do have the same base form makes them a bit better by extension, since you don't know which one it may be until it does Mega Evolve, and there's few (if any) universal counters for both.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Charizard X turns games around. That bulk is too bulky and its design is my inner 10 year olds wet dream.

What's with all the Y discussion, huh?

Y is a hit and run.
Auto Sun+Fire Blast is stupid, along with Solarbeam.
However it's dies whenever rocks get put on the field... (Thank you based Mamoswine)

shadowF

guys! mega charizard Y moved down a rank in smogon! now mega charizard X and aegislash are the only pokemon that are not legendary on the S rank. What do you guys make of this? also do you guys think that there is better chance of mega charizard X now being banned? I sure hope not I really love mega charizard X.

guys! mega charizard Y moved down a rank in smogon! now mega charizard X and aegislash are the only pokemon that are not legendary on the S rank. What do you guys make of this? also do you guys think that there is better chance of mega charizard X now being banned? I sure hope not I really love mega charizard X.

All this means is that the metagame has become more adjusted to Mega Charizard Y, and it no longer can perform its job quite as well. Charizard X has that versatility thing going for it, able to fit on offensive, balanced, and even stall teams. It doesn't mean that Charizardinite X has any more of a chance to be banned, it's just the metagame has evolved to handle Mega Charizard Y better, stunting its effectiveness somewhat.