• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Charizard's Burning Ambition! (136)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Charizard's Burning Ambition!

Heading to the next gym, Ash & Co. discover a Charific Valley which is filled with loads of Wild Charizard. Charizard and Ash have been offered to train with them. But when it seems that Charizard can't defeat them, it gets expelled from the Valley. Charizard wants to get back in...will it be able to?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

W

Waterstar Misty

I thought it pretty good, but it was kinda sad when Charizard left. Ash seemed to grow up a little more, when he told Charizard to go, Ash knew that this was what Charizard wanted to do, if Charizard wanted to stay and train so he be a stronger pokemon, then it wouldn't be right for Ash to make his pokemon to stay if it didn't want to and I think it took alot of strength for Ash to to it.

F

Factory Head Noland

Ash's Charizard was really small when it was with the other Charizard, lol.

This was a sad episode because Ash and Charizard were a great team.

C-charizard...*cries*;_;

Lightning: Just for Char's leave alone; Katie tends to avoid this episode. Although there were some humourous parts; the parting between Ash and Charizard was pretty sad, even for me. I'll give it 6/10. Now quit crying; ya big baby! THUNDERBOLT!

Me:*gets shocked* Thanks Lightning; but did you really have to shock me?!:mad:*recalls Lightning to her Pokéball for the rest of the night*

Last edited:
R

Ryuu

Ash's Charizard was really tiny compared to the other ones. :D

A touching episode, I thought it was pretty sad. After all, Charizard had been with Ash ever since it was a little Charmander. And it had only grown loyal some time back. ;_;

The ending wasn't superb, Ash was too hasty in letting Charizard go. :mad:

Chris

Old Coot
There wasn't any way around it. Charizard was determined to become stronger than the others. It would have been cruel if Satoshi took it away from the place to think about it. He just didn't have any other option but to let Charizard stay to train. It was just as hard on him considering he's raised it since it was a Charmander. He's had it for almost about two years in his time.

OMFG, the music where Charizard was attacking the gentle one was SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! I've never heard it since, sadly:(...............This was such a great eppie for Charizard. I felt so sorry for it, and the mecha TR used was so UGLY.

Overall rating:
9.6 out of 10!!
Truly an awesome Johto episode, and that is certainly saying something.

SC~ out

Heracross

Custom User Title
This was really a good episode. Charizard was always such an awesome pokémon and Ash had here was some major character development for both him and Ash. It was really emotional seeing Ash leaving him with all the Charizard after he had raised him since almost the very beginning of his journey. I also really liked TR in this episode, I usually like it when they're the good guys. I love the part when Jessie and James are wondering what Charizard is saying to himself as he sits there in the water and Meowth says through his tears that he can translate for them. That gets me every time. You guys knew I couldn't post an episode summary without rambling about the music, so here it is.=P The music in this episode was great. Fortunately 4Kids hadn't yet declared war on the soundtrack at this point, so most of the original music was left intact, although they did remove some amusing music that played while Charizard was trying to fly with Ash on his back.XD Looking back, early Johto did have some really great BGM, and this episode has plenty of it.^^ Overall, this was a very exciting and emotional episode, can't help but love it.

P

PokeFan4Ever7783

I think Ash felt the same way about leaving Charizard like he did in "Pikachu's Good-bye." I think this one was a little more moving than "Pikachu's Good-bye" because Charizard had finally decided to obey Ash and now they have to say good-bye. Ash really has a special friendship with Charizard. It was sad at the end you just see Ash running and not looking back. :( "baka Ash"!!!!

Team Rocket Admin

Charmander & Cyndaquil said:
it's funny to see that ash's charizard can't fly.
ash win gym battle mostly because his charizard/charmander.
vs koga
vs blaine
vs falkner
You also forgot Claire. This episode was pretty sad as Charizard just started to obey Ash. At least we still see it from time to time.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
It's too bad that Charizard was no longer a regular part of Ash's party after this episode, but at least it's come back four times (counting the third movie) since to help Ash out. Charizard was pretty funny in this episode, because it was acting a lot like Ash. The way he went up to the other charizards and flamethrowered them in the fact is a lot like Ash when he was demanding challenges from trainers (especially in "The Mandarin Island Miss Match"). The part when he and Ash are both getting pumped up for fighting is also funny. :) Seeing Charizard act like Ash is also really nice after how he was a jerk for so long.

The episode was also great for Team Rocket. I really like how they went out of their ways to make sure Charizard didn't fall asleep in the lake, and how they made sure the twerps had Charizard battle them. This was a really good episode for them. :) I also couldn't help laughing when Charizard was trying to fly with Ash. LOL

Magus

Fog Trainer
Didn't Charizard fly with Ash on its back with no trouble at all, in the first episode that it obeyed him? And I found it implausible that Ash's Charizard was suddenly so puny compared to others. This is the same Charizard who could match Flamethrowers with Moltres in the second movie.

C

Charizard

Do any of u know how to spell the place now where Ash's Charizard live? if u know plz reply in here

L

lightspeed

This episode was really funny at the beginning but pretty sad in the ending, but it was a good episode, 7/10.

Crystal Clair

It would appear that 'Charisific' is the most widely accepted spelling.
I believe it's Charicific like Pacific
omg, Charizard, that's all people talk about in this episode!
-_-
Now Liza on the other hand, was worth this episode. She's like the grownup Misty. I need the pics of her from this episode! And I haven't seen this episode in years
10/10 not every day an attractive girl stars or costars in an episode

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Liza is a grown up Misty? She's just a lesbian version of Clair. I'm sure there's a ship about those two, seeing as how they show up in the same episode together.

Also, the last line of your sig is very, very wrong. ;)

Kabuto

little punks!
Ah yes one of the greatest Johto episodes. Sad to see Charizard leave making his Johto team look like utter utter crap.

Last edited:

Reece

This was one of the best Johto episodes, but it sucked that Charizard had to leave. At least he comes back every time Ash needs him.