• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Charizard's Burning Ambition! (136)

GoggleHead

Digimon > Pokemon
I liked it. I wished I could have lived in that Valley. I didn't like it that Ash's Charizard was weaker than the others, though. I also didn't like that he left.

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
Good episode, although Charizard was humilated so badly even Team Rocket felt sorry for it. Also, the part of Ash leaving Charizard was bitter.

One of the best Johto episodes, I feel so sad for Charizard and Ash, they were so great together, at least Charizard comes back alot

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
I remember crying when i first saw this, i wanted charizard to stay bless him.

flyboy1308

Coming Ta Town
This on ebrought a tear to my eye. *sniff*

Buuz

Smash Trainer
I agree with the others, this is definitely one of the best Johto episodes I've ever seen. I remember the first time I saw this episode. I actually cried a little bit about Charizard leaving, but I was relieved to see him returning every once in a while. And did you guys see the part where TR had to cry? Meowth yelled: 'LOSERS, UNITE!' That part was pretty funny.:p

Battra

A very good episode, I'm glad to see Charizard leave so now Ash has to come up with new strategies for the Pokemon on his team and the ones he'll get instead of always relying on Charizard, but Charizard will be Stronger the next time Ash calls on him. As for TR a big surprise from them actually helping out instead of getting in the way like they usually do.

bhrettzerda053

I have returned.....
The spelling is supposed to be 'Charizific', not 'Charific', as in Charizard. Well, back to the episode, this is the saddest kind of episode, ever. Ash will surely release his Charizard that was his Charmander when he got it. Anyway, Charizard goes out from the valley to see Ash, during battles in Johto and sometimes, .........it does Flamethrowers at him, the good way! Oh, this episode makes me sad the whole time. *sniffs*

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
The spelling is supposed to be 'Charizific', not 'Charific', as in Charizard.

Most likely. It's called "Lizafic Valley" (from Lizardon) in the Japanese version.

Also, fun fact: The girl is named Lisa in the dub, isn't she? In the original, she's named Sieg - but her Lizardon (Charla or something in the dub) is named Lisa.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
The spelling is supposed to be 'Charizific', not 'Charific', as in Charizard.

Most likely. It's called "Lizafic Valley" (from Lizardon) in the Japanese version.

Also, fun fact: The girl is named Lisa in the dub, isn't she? In the original, she's named Jiiku - but her Lizardon (Charla or something in the dub) is named Lisa.

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
I still remeember this episode. I was so sad when Ash left Charizard there so that it could become stronger.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
I almost cried at this one. I'm serious.

Charizard has been with group practically since the beginning of time, and it was hard to see him go. (Yes, I call it a him. Charla is obviously female... plus there was no shadow of a doubt for me that it was male to start with.)

Favorite part? Pikachu and Charizard waving goodbye to each other. They had a good friendship. ;.;

I hope Charizard keeps working to be the very best lizard he can be! ^_^

HoennMaster

To be honest, I really didn't care that Charizard was released. Considering how long it took for him to finally obey Ash, it just never felt like Charizard did much.

Torpoleon

I like this episode.Now Charizard could bat the other Charizard!

dagon22

Charmander master!
It was great that Ash did what was best for his pokemon, no matter how hard it was on him, which he normally does. It was awesome that Team Rocket helped out. Maybe one day we'll see baby Charmanders.

kingkoopa1080

I hated seeing him leave but it was still one of the best episodes of the series in my eyes. My favorite part was pikachu and charizard giving each other the thumbs up at the end. Definitely a tear jerker.