• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Charizard's Burning Ambition! (136)

Leonhart

Imagineer
CMButch said:
Just a friendly reminder that Charizard would've "died" if there wasn't for TRio. Ash fell asleep not caring for Charizard(his POKEMON), TRio stayed awake and kept Charizard awake too because if he fell asleep in the water, he'd died( his tail would be off. That's why I love Trio more than Ash.

While I'll give them credit for helping Lizardon, his hypothetical death would've been his own fault since he refused to move out of the water.

Seeing this episode again made me realize just how lazy the writers can be since they had Ash ditch Charizard so that he would train off screen because they didn't want to have Ash train him instead. Charizard spent ages not doing anything then he finally began trusting Ash only for him to leave in this episode after all that previous drama. It just felt like a slap to the face.

The saddest Johto episode by far all because of Ash's decision to leave Charizard behind. I know that Charizard also wanted to stay but I felt that Ash should've tried to convince Charizard to stay on his team or just go back to Oak's laboratory since he could've gotten stronger there too. I thought that Charizard's ego came back in full force here since he was being arrogant and stubborn about the other Charizard in the valley being stronger than him. 7/10

What an emotional episode with so many meaningful scenes with Ash and Charizard...