• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Charmander, the Stray Pokémon (011)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Charmander, the Stray Pokémon (011)

Charmander, The Stray Pokémon!

While travelling, Ash & co. find a stray Charmander left ona rock awaiting its trainer. They go about their business until they find out about how it's trainer left it there and doesnt intend to get it back. However it starts torrential raining and the Charmander gets sick. Can Ash save it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

This is one of my favorite eppies in the first season. Charmander got one of the cutest voices in the dub; and the fact that I love the Char line doesn't hurt either. Damian really came off as a sleazy baka who didn't care for his Pokémon at all; only cared for winning battles. And this is the first of many TR shockproof items...they're getting smarter!;) 9/10; Ash now has the Pokémon which will be the strongest on his roster in the future!^_^

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
I would have told Joy to bug off and put that jerk in his place. There's nothing dishonorable in striking down a terrible trainer because he abuses his Pokemon.

I'm glad they gave him Damian double dish-out in the end, he deserved it all.

PDL

disenchanted
after viewing this episode... and "What you seed is what you get" after it, I've realized just how many differences the Indigo seasons and the Advanced seasons really are...

the voices are all so different, the animation and music is very different as well, these episodes had more somber music peaces and so so many other things... they're almost like completely different anime o_O

the indigo music sounded more campy and the advanced music sounded more technoiy

plus the characters acted differently to, Misty was much more likeable, Brock only blushed a little bit instead of going all out goofy like he does nowadays

it's almost surreal

R

Robert

This was also a memorable episode, as it was funny, creative, and Ash got a Charmander.

R

Ryuu

I wish Damian could be featured another time...

:D

This was a good episode, I think this was Ash's first Kanto starter. Poor Charmander...Damian was so evil. x.x Abandoning him in the rain...what's worse, the jerk wanted him back when he saw Charmander's powerful Flamethrower. XP

Alfonso

Derpgull
DAMIAN! *explodes*

In my opinion, Damian was the only decent point about this episode. Well, apart from Jessie and James 'dancing' while reciting the motto that is. So, okay, him being there wasn't the only good point of the episode.

Anyway, my favourite scene in this episode is Brock getting p*ssed with Damian. I mean, you could really see the tension between the two. 'Course, it found it funny that Misty and Ash tried to butt in, when it was Brock's fight.

Ironically, in the Ono's manga, Damian is just the opposite: Kind, sweet, caring etc.
I find that funny somehow. Yea they should have him reappear and have his ***/ kicked again. lol

Ryuu said:
I wish Damian could be featured another time...

:D

This was a good episode, I think this was Ash's first Kanto starter. Poor Charmander...Damian was so evil. x.x Abandoning him in the rain...what's worse, the jerk wanted him back when he saw Charmander's powerful Flamethrower. XP

Actually that would be Bulbasaur
10 Bulbasaur
11 Charmander
12 Squirtle

M

meggirl63

That Scary Clefairy said:
Ironically, in the Ono's manga, Damian is just the opposite: Kind, sweet, caring etc.
I find that funny somehow. Yea they should have him reappear and have his ***/ kicked again. lol

I never knew that Damien was nicer in the manga.

Damian? NICE!?!? *Overloads*
Also, this is the second of the Three-Consecutive-Catches. Blech. We need a break between the three Starters.........
I hated Damian, not as in him being boring, but being evil. I can't believe he left Charmander to die. And Charmander, I can't believe how dedictaed it was. Even through the rain, it stayed there, waiting for its Trainer. I'd find that touching if Damian wasn't such a jerk. The electric proof bubble was one of TR's best inventions, and they should use it again. Plus, Damian getting pwned was excellent(and I was surprised to see he had that many Poké Balls/mon. He must be good at catching, somehow).

Overall rating:
8.8 out of 10!!
A really touching episode, and I think I may have cried at one point.

SC~ out

Psychic Venusaur

Pokemon Master
Dameon - I like his voice, but I don't like his attitude.

The TR machine was cool.

I would of KO'd Damien, what a loser.

Charmander was such a devoted Pokemon. I felt sorry for it.

Sometimes I don't even think that the Charizard Ash uses to annihilate with is this Charmander.

I thought I'd have more to say, but I guess I don't.

9.9/10, I love these three episodes (Bulb, Char, Squirt)

Oh yeah, Damian wears pink! Hahaha!

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Psychic Venusaur said:
Sometimes I don't even think that the Charizard Ash uses to annihilate with is this Charmander.

Yeah, I can't watch Charmander now without thinking, "whatever happened to that little guy, he seemed to disappear when Ash got Charizard." Then i realise.

Last edited:

PDL

disenchanted
ChaosMage said:
Yeah, I can't watch Charmandern now without thinking, "whatever happened to that little guy, he seemed to disappear when Ash got Charizard." Then i realise.

I know... it's almost as if you can regard them as completely different characters :\

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
Teehee. Damien is so cool.

One of the best character-of-the-day appearances ever. He'd look good with Dario. XD

I thought he was awesome. And since I hate Charmander, I love him even more for leaving it to die. >D

He needs to come back. With Dario. And kiss him.

Well.....I'd just settle for him coming back. XD

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
^I am offically freaked out.

I hated personally hated Damien and wanted to give him a good punch in the mouth. They were good at creating a character you just can;t' help but get annoyed with and 4Kids was smart enough to find an annoying voice actor for him.

Alfonso

Derpgull
The Big Al said:
^I am offically freaked out.

I hated personally hated Damien and wanted to give him a good punch in the mouth. They were good at creating a character you just can;t' help but get annoyed with and 4Kids was smart enough to find an annoying voice actor for him.

^I am offically annoyed.

I personally loved Damien and wanted to give him a good ol' pat of the back for being so awesome. They were good at creating a character that you just couldn't hate, and I can't help but feel love for 4Kids for being smart enough to find a great voice actor for him.

Maddie-sama, or rather, Madeline-sama, is an awesome and interested VA. She's great at doing characters with accents. As for Damien and Dario... JerkOffshipping. Look in the Minor Character shipping thread for an explantion! XD

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
XDD YEY FOR JERKOFFSHIPPING. And if Ponytailshipping isn't taken I'd like to steal that for Dario x Vito....

But that's not the point. XD

He's so lovable. And no matter WHO follows me around solely to disagree with me, I still love him. XD

AND THE PINK! Gawd, Damien x Mandy should be Pinkshipping. Or HotPinkshipping. Or OMGLet'sMakeAlfonsoGoNutsshipping. XD

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Alfonso said:
^I am offically annoyed.

I personally loved Damien and wanted to give him a good ol' pat of the back for being so awesome. They were good at creating a character that you just couldn't hate, and I can't help but feel love for 4Kids for being smart enough to find a great voice actor for him.
You enjoy disagreeing with me, don't you?
*points north*
That's north.