• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Charmander, the Stray Pokémon (011)

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I kind of wish that the police had gotten involved here, though. What he did crossed the line since his actions could've killed his Pokemon, yet all he got was a bad burn and then just ran away like a coward with no other repercussions.
I’m hoping he eventually made the wrong Pokémon angry and it viscously yet rightfully attacks him. Preferably an Ursaring or Primeape. Or that the Safari Warden from the banned episode shot him in the face for trying to catch Dratini. At least with Paul, we saw he was harsh on Chimchar yet gave it a chance and did feed it and let it know he was releasing it. Charmander being abandoned was extremely cruel and was only topped by Tepig being tied up and virtually starving to death after being left behind.

Leonhart

Imagineer
BTS_fan said:
Damien was probably scolded by Nurse Joy or whoever it was that treated his injuries after Charmander burned him. At least that's my head canon on this situation lol.

Being the coward that he was, I doubt that he even returned to that Pokemon Center since the Joi there knew about his bad reputation so she might not have welcomed him back.

Charmander was kind of a hypocrite huh? He didn't want to move from the boulder where his owner told him to wait, but he must've moved when Ash and the others left the area because he was seen with a giant leaf as an umbrella during the storm and there were no giant leaves close to him on that rock. My favorite scene was when Team Rocket's robot hid behind the trees because the whole idea of it needing to hide was just too funny. 7/10

Captain Jigglypuff

Charmander was kind of a hypocrite huh? He didn't want to move from the boulder where his owner told him to wait, but he must've moved when Ash and the others left the area because he was seen with a giant leaf as an umbrella during the storm and there were no giant leaves close to him on that rock. My favorite scene was when Team Rocket's robot hid behind the trees because the whole idea of it needing to hide was just too funny. 7/10
Charmander was extremely weak when Ash and Brock went out in the rain to get it. They just picked it up off of the rock.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I did question how Hitokage managed to find that big leaf that he was using to avoid getting his tail wet, but I just assumed that the wind blew it towards Hitokage's rock and that he just grabbed it out of necessity.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Hitokage almost dying due to his unwavering loyalty made me wish that his old trainer had received more than just third degree burns as punishment for what he did. For once Junsa should've been around to deal swift justice.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Hitokage almost dying due to his unwavering loyalty made me wish that his old trainer had received more than just third degree burns as punishment for what he did. For once Junsa should've been around to deal swift justice.

Jenny would have given Damien (that was his name right?) a slap on the wrist I bet. His crime wasn't that serious and there was no credible evidence of what he did iirc.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
Jenny would have given Damien (that was his name right?) a slap on the wrist I bet. His crime wasn't that serious and there was no credible evidence of what he did iirc.

While Hitokage obviously couldn't have explained to Junsa that his trainer abandoned him, I'm confident that Satoshi's testimony would've been enough evidence to have Daisuke placed under arrest or something.

This episode is so sad, Damian is an awful person for leaving Charmander out to die. Awesome that Ash and co. put him in his place. This is the start of something special with Ash and Charmander.
It would have been better if TRio wasn't in it.

Captain Jigglypuff

I find it amazing how much Ash really cared about Charmander. Even after it evolved into Charizard and kept disobeying him, Ash never actually gave up on Charizard and continued to make an effort to earn Charizard’s respect again no matter how many times he literally got burned.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
The writers really loved to give Ash's Fire starters tragic backstories for some reason. At least Cyndaquil narrowly avoided that
At least Litten's backstory, while still sad, was more unique than previously having an Abusive Trainer

But you also made me realize that whenever a Fire Starter DOESN'T go to Ash, it never gets the tragic backstory (Torchic, Fenniken, Scorbunny)

D

Deleted member 384931

At least Litten's backstory, while still sad, was more unique than previously having an Abusive Trainer

But you also made me realize that whenever a Fire Starter DOESN'T go to Ash, it never gets the tragic backstory (Torchic, Fenniken, Scorbunny)
Sadly yes. It gets tiresome with each Fire starter owned by Satoshi that gets a sad story. How about his Grass or Water starters?